'93 Pro shots or Soundboards

Aaaaaaah the 'Skin n' Bones' tour ... started out so promising, ended up so dissapointing...

Especially the European run.  If you look at the '92 European leg, compared to the US/Japan shows in late '91/early '92, the shows were shorter, more predictable, more boring.

But if you look at the '93 European run, shows started dropping under 2 hours for the first time since the start of the UYI tour.  Setlists were even more predictable than in '92, less songs, always the same songs, always the same opener (rings a bell ?!), the acoustic set was getting even longer and killed any momentum the shows might have had.  I find the '93 European leg to be the least exciting part of the UYI tour.

The 'Skin n' Bones' tour had started out so promising.  More focus on the UYI material, more deep cuts, more rotating in and out, ... New stage, new line-up, new weight for Duff ... It didn't last very long though.  By the time they got to Europe, they had dropped almost all the good bits of the US leg : 'Garden Of Eden', 'The Garden', 'Nice Boys', 'So Fine', 'Reckless Life', 'Yesterdays', 'Nightrain', 'Don't Cry', ... 

If you went to see GNR in '91 up till April '92, there's was no way of knowing what you were gonna get.  Shows ran up to 3 hours, openers rotated in and out, there were one-off deep cuts, there was a core set and different songs rotating in and out.  If you went to see GNR in Europe in '93, this was basically what you were gonna get :

1 . It's So Easy
2.  Mr. Brownstone
3.  Live And Let Die
4.  Welcome To The Jungle
5.  Attitude
6.  Double Talkin' Jive
7.  You Ain't The First
8.  You're Crazy
9.  Used To Love Her
10. Patience [w/ Imagine]
11. Knockin' On Heaven's Door

12. November Rain
13. Dead Horse
14. Band Introductions
15. Drum Solo
16. You Could Be Mine
17. Guitar Solo
18. Godfather Theme
19. Sweet Child O' Mine
20. Paradise City

If you went to see GNR in the US in late '91/early '92, you had a good chance of getting this :

1. Welcome To The Jungle
2. Mr. Brownstone
3. My Michelle
4. Live And Let Die
5. Attitude
6. Don't Cry [w/ Shannon Hoon]
7. Bad Obsession
8. Double Talkin' Jive
9. Civil War
10. So Fine
11. You Could Be Mine
12. Wild Horses [Intro]
13. Patience
14. Pretty Tied Up
15. Band Introductions
16. Drum Solo
17. Guitar Solo
18. Godfather Theme
19. Sail Away Sweet Sister / Bad Time [Intro]
20. Sweet Child O' Mine
21. Piano Solo
22. November Rain
23. Move To The City
24. Yesterdays
25. Rocket Queen [w/ It Tastes Good, Don't It?]
26. Only Women Bleed [Intro]
27. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
28. Estranged
29. Mother [Intro]
30. Paradise City

You'd also get 2 backing singers, 3 horn players and a second keyboard player thrown in for free :lol:

Edited by Nikki_Sixx
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/17/2018 at 10:31 AM, Nikki_Sixx said:

Aaaaaaah the 'Skin n' Bones' tour ... started out so promising, ended up so dissapointing...

Especially the European run.  If you look at the '92 European leg, compared to the US/Japan shows in late '91/early '92, the shows were shorter, more predictable, more boring.

But if you look at the '93 European run, shows started dropping under 2 hours for the first time since the start of the UYI tour.  Setlists were even more predictable than in '92, less songs, always the same songs, always the same opener (rings a bell ?!), the acoustic set was getting even longer and killed any momentum the shows might have had.  I find the '93 European leg to be the least exciting part of the UYI tour.

The 'Skin n' Bones' tour had started out so promising.  More focus on the UYI material, more deep cuts, more rotating in and out, ... New stage, new line-up, new weight for Duff ... It didn't last very long though.  By the time they got to Europe, they had dropped almost all the good bits of the US leg : 'Garden Of Eden', 'The Garden', 'Nice Boys', 'So Fine', 'Reckless Life', 'Yesterdays', 'Nightrain', 'Don't Cry', ...

The setlist getting shorter and more predictable as the tour goes on is the case for almost every tour GNR has ever done.

I disagree about this tour ending up disappointing on grounds of performance. Axl's that is. He kinda sucks at the beginning, but gets a lot better as it goes, and for those European shows at the end I would say that's Axl at his best ever.

On topic, I think one of the Modena shows was broadcast on radio.