Which concerts are you listening to the most?

Live at Rock in Rio III, Rio de Janeiro, 01/14/2001

Live at the Nationwide Arena, Colombus, 11/25/2002

Live at the Fleet Center, Boston, 12/02/2002

Live at KROQ Inland Invasion, San Bernardino, 09/23/2006

Live at the Kyocera Dome, Osaka, 12/16/2009

Edited by Sosso

3 hours ago, Sosso said:

Odd selection. How is that possible?

For me: Paris 92, Argentina 92, Foxboro 16, Ritz 88, Chicago and Oklahoma 92, Chile 92, Argentina 93,

I am enjoying Seattle 92 and Coachella 2016 aswell

Edited by Carmenjello
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Sosso said:

Strangely, thinking about this questions, I realized I have a lot more favorite "shows" for newer lineups of GN'R. For 1985-1996, I sort of pick and choose different performances of different songs. Anyway, here's my list after some thought (excluding The Ritz. That's a given)

Noblesville, Indiana 05/29/1991: The performance of "Perfect Crime" may be my favorite Guns N' Roses performance of all time. 

Live at Rock in Rio III, Rio de Janeiro, 01/14/2001: Not the best performance for either the band (lots of mistakes) or Axl (obvious he still hasn't gotten completely used to singing the old songs again). Nonetheless, the energy and sentimentality of this performance make up for any minor nitpicks. Also, "okay never mind!"

Boston, Massachusetts 02/02/2002: I consider this the best performance of the 2001/2002 era band. 

Live at KROQ Inland Invasion San Bernardino, 09/23/2006: Besides being a great overall 2006 era performance, Axl really seems to be into it. One of my absolute favorite performances of "You Could Be Mine." 

Tokyo, Japan 12/19/2009: One of the longest shows in GN'R history, a fired up Axl, DJ still sounding tolerable, and almost every Chinese Democracy song. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

I actually like the '99 vocals on Live Era.

At least most of them, Pretty Tied Up for example sounds really weird.

I enjoy post '93 raspy Axl vocals more than pre to be honest, of course they are not as raspy and kind of high but I think they are more special and thats why I like them more and watch/listen post UYI concerts more.

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Any of the 86/87 concerts. Specifically the Troubadour and Music Machine.

Music Machine is definitely one of my favourites. Also:

Ritz '87

Indianna '91

MSG '91 night 3 (December 13, show included Breakdown and Locomotive)

Columbus '02 (wish the soundboard version I have didn't have a fucked up KOHD)

Rock Am Ring '06

Vegas '16 night 2

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Any of the 86/87 concerts. Specifically the Troubadour and Music Machine.

troubadour is fantastic! best jumping jack flash and best think about you!

:headbang:

i am listening to frans n roses almost daily videos on youtube for my daily fix of GNR

then i let you tube guide me to the next video and the next and the next...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All this time later it still shits me when people can't understand some of us actually enjoy the different eras of Guns N' Roses.

I would rather listen to a show from 2002 to 1992. Reason for this is I dig the "industrial" element the sound had more than the 20 person "Big Band" bullshit.

At the end of the day it's all Guns N' Roses, to me. I just prefer certain era's to others.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, F*ck Fear said:

All this time later it still shits me when people can't understand some of us actually enjoy the different eras of Guns N' Roses.

I would rather listen to a show from 2002 to 1992. Reason for this is I dig the "industrial" element the sound had more than the 20 person "Big Band" bullshit.

At the end of the day it's all Guns N' Roses, to me. I just prefer certain era's to others.

Live Era '87-'93.

Nuff said.

2 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

If you notice, it's the same usual folks who are that way and it's to the point of humor now. I used to battle with them for years and now I just don't give a shit. They're welcome to say whatever they want about how they can't understand how I would like this or that and it just doesn't register with me anymore. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Sosso said:

That album is probably the worst live album ever. I would rather listen to any soundboard of the concerts.

That's totally irrelevant.  We're talking about eras, not the actual album.

However, I'd rather listen to the album Live Era (even with the '99 vocals), than anything since '01, at least he could still sing in the '90's...

12 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

If you notice, it's the same usual folks who are that way and it's to the point of humor now. I used to battle with them for years and now I just don't give a shit. They're welcome to say whatever they want about how they can't understand how I would like this or that and it just doesn't register with me anymore. 

Good !  That's settled then.