Which concerts are you listening to the most?

36 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

That's totally irrelevant.  We're talking about eras, not the actual album.

However, I'd rather listen to the album Live Era (even with the '99 vocals), than anything since '01, at least he could still sing in the '90's...

Good !  That's settled then.

You've been missing A LOT if you think that '99 Axl sounded like the '90s. There are DOZENS of concerts that kick Live Era's ass... For example this: (now you're going to tell me it doesn't count because Slash is not on it)

Edited by GNRfanMILO

7 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

You've been missing A LOT if you think that '99 Axl sounded like the '90s. There are DOZENS of concerts that kick Live Era's ass... For example this: (now you're going to tell me it doesn't count because Slash is not on it)

I think you need to read my post again ...

7 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

I think you need to read my post again ...

You are saying that you prefer to listen to Live Era than to anything since 2001 because back then "he could sing like the 90s". And I'm telling you that there are a lot of shows from the 2001-2014 era that are worth listening, and that in some cases are superior to the 1999 recordings

• Like 2

A some of my most watched are:

The late show 88 if that counts,

I wish there was more of that show on YT but Used To love her at the whisky 87

Oklahoma, Paris, Chile92

Argentina 93 

RAR 2006, 

Rose bar 2010 and Bucharest 2010

Philly 2012 

Houston 2016, Nijmegen 2017 and Inglewood 2017 soundboard

14 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

"because SLASH is not on it"?

I don't see anyone from Guns n Roses on it other than the singer!

:rofl-lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

There is Bumblefoot, there is Tommy Stinson, there is DJ Ashba, there is Frank Ferrer, there is Chris Pitman, there is Dizzy Reed...

You can check all Guns N' Roses past members here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Guns_N'_Roses_members#Former

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ludurigan said:

So Dizzy isn't a Guns N' Roses member then?

One would think that even you would agree that everyone that played up until August '91 are Guns N' Roses members.

12 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

One would think that even you would agree that everyone that played up until August '91 are Guns N' Roses members.

Yes because who is or is not a member of Guns is decided by a random guy on a forum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ritz 87 and 88. Dont need more, i still have to watch full Argentina 1993, but its a favorite too.

But my favorite is São Paulo 17 since i was fucking there, insane, you dont really notice or care about any flaw, when you are jumping and singing with other 50k fans of great music!!

I left a bit before the PC end and it was like rock n roll new year, i could see the fireworks in the sky and windows of some modern buildings and still hear the band outside of the stadium. Could do every year!!

Edited by Rickodez

2 hours ago, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

Yes because who is or is not a member of Guns is decided by a random guy on a forum.

2 hours ago, Carmenjello said:

Especially someone who keeps posting rofl emojis. 

That shtick is so tired and worn out. Just ignore the people who only seem to be able to post who think "is not is not" GNR and like what you like :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I agree that Guns n Roses existed until August 31, 1991 with 4 members and 2 additional musicians, drummer Matt Sorum and keyboarder Dizzy Reed.

Simple as that.

(It got born again in 1993 and was no more again just a few weeks later but thats another story)

===

If you ask me about Matt Sorum, i'd say that

- he is a very skilled drummer that was able to play all the Guns n Roses songs in a good, very good, or at least satisfactory manner. Not remotely close to Steven Adler, because he couldn't groove half as good, but good enough nonetheless*

===

If you ask me about Dizzy Reed, i'd say that

- he is a fairly skilled keyboarder, that was able to play all the piano and keyboard parts on Guns n Roses songs in a good, very good, or at least satisfactory manner.

- all the information available so far strongly indicates that Dizzy Reed became a "member" of Guns n' Roses because Axl Rose wanted him to become a member of Guns n Roses. None of the other members seemed remotely interested in that and (again, given all the information available) is probably fair to say that they "accepted" that to keep the band going -- as they reportedly did many times (before and after) to please Axl Rose "needs" and "requests".

- Dizzy Reed is not credited as a writer or co-writer on any Guns n Roses song

- there is very little (or zero) indication that Dizzy Reed ever took part of writing sessions with Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin, Slash and Duff Mckagan.

- Dizzy Reed was only needed for (something like) 30% of the regular live set and his presence on (something like) 70% of the songs playing bongos or congas (or whatever he was playing) was absolutely pathetic to watch.

* Specially when compared to the two other drummers that were presented by Axl Rose as "Guns n Roses drummers" (:rofl-lol:) on the last two decades.

4 hours ago, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

4 hours ago, Carmenjello said:

Especially someone who keeps posting rofl emojis. 

exactly!

I cant believe these random rofl people!

everyone should know at this point that Axl Rose decides who is a member or not!

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gunner927 said:

San Diego '88.

san diego 88?

never paid attention to this one

just found a clearly speeded-up version of Brownstone on youtube

then found used to love her from the "LOUD MACHINE" bootleg that seems to be "speed-corrected"

seems to be very good!

:headbang:

is that the one you been listening?

or do you have another version?

===

very interesting info from GNRONTOUR.COM

http://gnrontour.com/setlistalm88.htm

02.08.88 - Montezuma Hall, SDSU, San Diego, CA
opening act: T.S.O.L.
set: It's So Easy, Move To The City, Mr. Brownstone, Out To Get Me, Sweet Child O' Mine, Used To Love Her, My Michelle, Rocket Queen, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Welcome To The Jungle, Nightrain, Patience, Paradise City
encore: Mama Kin
audio/video recording?: audio
notes: Before 'Move To The City,' Axl declares, "It's a loud fucking place!" Before 'Mr. Brownstone,' Axl says, "You wanna go dancin'? You wanna go dancin with me? My name... my name is.... my name is Mr. Brownstone!" After 'Out Ta Get Me,' Slash says, "Hey you fuckers that grabbed the fuckin' guitars man... just fucking wind the fuck down. If this ends up sounding like shit you end up looking like a dick to a bunch of fucking people!" Axl then says, "well wind down on this, this is 'Sweet Child O' Mine'" Axl introduces 'Used To Love Her' as "something new." Before 'My Michelle,' Axl asks, "San Diego...is this one of those so-called cocaine cities?! Well, oh yeah, this is crystal meth city, I'm sorry! Well I did some of that about a week and a half ago... did a little blast, was up for 4 fucking days! I was taking like 3 quaaludes and a bottle of Nightrain, I couldn't come down for shit! Called up my girlfriend, "Hey douchebag what's happening?" She didn't like that too well at all. She told me about it like a week later. Anyway, this is for the crystal meth and the cocaine heads, this is a song called 'My Michelle'" Axl then asks Slash for a rolling intro to the song. 'Knockin' On Heaven's Door' is dedicated to Todd Crew and "The Champ." Before 'Welcome To The Jungle,' Axl says, "I've changed my opinions about some things. One of them being MTV. Hey look dude, we've been number 2 or number 3 all week on there!" Before 'Patience,' Axl says, "They say they've got this 11 o'clock curfew, so I don't think we'll leave the stage right 'till we have to. Rather than go off now then come back in 5 minutes we'll stay up here for 15." Axl introduces the band after 'Patience,' then Slash introduces ‘Paradise City.’

If Axl "timeline" is correct, his cm intake happened right before the ny limelight show in 1988, which was 8 days ("about a week and a half ago") from the san diego 1988 show. so was axl on cm during limelight 1988? and maybe "still up" ("4 days" later) during ritz 1988?

Edited by ludurigan

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I rarely listen to any! Last thing I listened was the Sirius broadcast... and I checked a few songs from the most recent Rio. 

I'm the same way actually. I barely listen to much GNR anymore, even my favorite alvum (CD). If and when I do listen to a live show, it's always Vegas 2016, night 2

On 2/17/2018 at 10:19 PM, GNRfanMILO said:

damn his voice on Better sounded like it was from '93.