DMT

Carne_asaDA

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Not at all, Officer. I believe the public library is that way.

P.S. I am sure you can naturally raise the DMT levels in your brain through meditation, which I would rather do.

Me too, but I'm not that damned disciplined. I am supposed to be attending an ayahuasca retreat this spring though.

Like being shot outta a cannon down the Vegas strip.  It last a very short period of time - and often it feels like it was even shorter then it actually was.  Its really, really bad for your liver (yes, even smoked).

Also, it can be extracted from plants or animals or humans.  Not wishing to play the odds that something suffered for me to have a trip was enough for me to walk away from it.

Edited by soon

2 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Is it true that when the trip is over you immediately feel sober? Like there is no after effects? There are two kinds of DMT.

From what I recall, yes, it just stops point blank.  And I think things were back to normal.

I dont know all about it, but not being able to verify the source was enough for me to take pause.

5 hours ago, Carne_asaDA said:

Me too, but I'm not that damned disciplined. I am supposed to be attending an ayahuasca retreat this spring though.

Be aware that if you aren't ready to have your life entirely turned upside down and being "forced" to become that damned discipilined, attending the retreat is a terrible idea.

Ayahuasca is known to cause and deepen spiritual awakenings. A spiritual awakening is a moment of clarity and peace during which you are able to observe the inner workings of reality and of your mind with an unusual clarity. The problem is that once you've peaked behind the veil, it's impossible to keep on living the life you had before because most of the things you did unconsciously or out of fear become unbearable to you.

To sum it up, I've had a similar experience and it was basically a few weeks of Heaven followed by years of the darkest of Hell that forced me to look at my life and everything that was fake about it and fix it. During that time I lost a lot of people and even though I'm very grateful for the eye opening experience, it isn't something to be taken lightly. 

Edited by The Glow Inc.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I believe such drugs would spiral you into an introspective nightmare. 

You’d be amazed at my tolerance levels in that regard.  I’ve never really got my hands on any of the way out shit but I’ve done enough acid and E’s in my time to knock out a horse.  Who knows though I suppose, I guess its got to be tried, these are kinda whiteboy hippie drugs though, you kinda gotta know a certain kind of person to get em around here, even then its rare.

17 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You’d be amazed at my tolerance levels in that regard.  I’ve never really got my hands on any of the way out shit but I’ve done enough acid and E’s in my time to knock out a horse.  Who knows though I suppose, I guess its got to be tried, these are kinda whiteboy hippie drugs though, you kinda gotta know a certain kind of person to get em around here, even then its rare.

2-CB and 2-CI are the most far out shit I’ve ever taken. Hallucinations as clear and vivid as anything I’ve ever seen. Fuckin’ mental. 

Reckon I’d have given you a run for your money on the E’s back in the day though dearest. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey

7 minutes ago, Dazey said:

2-CB and 2-CI are the most far out shit I’ve ever taken. Hallucinations as clear and vivid as anything I’ve ever seen. Fuckin’ mental. 

Reckon I’d have given you a run for your money on the E’s back in the day though dearest. :lol: 

Thing about E's is they dont really do fuck all unless you're in a place conducive to them, do em in a club just two'll have you whizzing hard but i got to a point where i was just going around bangin' em out during the day, which is silliness cuz you have to do a load more than usual to actually tell you've done anything...and since they were a quid a pop so cheaper than buying an 8th of solid I got quite fond of em for a solid 18 month stretch of my life.  E's and lager, thats the ticket :lol: 

24 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I suppose it is a whiteboy drug. I don’t why whites are drawn to such drugs more than others.

43 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I suppose it is a whiteboy drug. I don’t why whites are drawn to such drugs more than others.

Its just environmental innit, psychedelics and that were popularised by a particular kind of literature and music which predominately more like...white people or intellectuals were into in the times it came to prevalence whereas other ethnicities and the culture that it came from used drugs more as a thing to chill out with rather than have religious experiences and blow their fuckin' minds etc, though rastafari etc believe in the propensities of weed in that regard but thats a limited group.  

On the street the kind of drugs you get are not ones conducive to a spiritual experience.  Coke, weed etc.  Ups and downs but no inside outs.  Its a different kinda outlook on life.  Then like across the world in Asia or Africa and all these cultures, explaining the concept of tripping to them is like explaining a nightmare, people don't pay to do that shit to themselves in those parts of the world, they want a release from the fucked up-ness of the hardships of life, no some 18 hour ordeal where they're sweating like a cow and seeing visions of their Mum climbing the walls like Spiderman or whatever :lol: 

Edited by Len Cnut

• 2 months later...

When this thread first started, I didnt want to share this news story form 2015 because it was just a single event.  However a second incidence of violence resulting in deaths has taken place at a Peruvian Spiritual Retreat involving DMT (in ayahuasca).  My suspicion is that what works well in the context of one culture and tradition doesn't always translate into other cultures.  It sure doesnt seem to make Canadians more serene or enlightened.

To friends knife fight until one is dead during a trip:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/canadian-ayahuasca-killing-1.3371062

Man kills guru on retreat and is then lynched by the locals

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/sebastian-woodroffe-1.4648195

• 2 weeks later...

The only hallucinogen I've taken was Salvia many years ago. Completely fucked me up for 10 minutes, in a trippy enlightening sort of way, but enough to make me never want to touch any hallucinogens again :blink: We only bought it because we couldn't get any marijuana and thought we'd try (a then legal) "herbal high" but not really expecting it to do shit. Lesson learned :lol:

• Haha 1

On 2/17/2018 at 10:48 AM, The Glow Inc. said:

Be aware that if you aren't ready to have your life entirely turned upside down and being "forced" to become that damned discipilined, attending the retreat is a terrible idea.

Ayahuasca is known to cause and deepen spiritual awakenings. A spiritual awakening is a moment of clarity and peace during which you are able to observe the inner workings of reality and of your mind with an unusual clarity. The problem is that once you've peaked behind the veil, it's impossible to keep on living the life you had before because most of the things you did unconsciously or out of fear become unbearable to you.

To sum it up, I've had a similar experience and it was basically a few weeks of Heaven followed by years of the darkest of Hell that forced me to look at my life and everything that was fake about it and fix it. During that time I lost a lot of people and even though I'm very grateful for the eye opening experience, it isn't something to be taken lightly. 

All of this is highly accurate. Did you feel you fix most of the issues and fakness you discovered?

On 5/17/2018 at 8:52 PM, Carne_asaDA said:

Update, I take off for my 1st ayahuasca trip tomorrow.

Please leave a detailed account of the whole trip. I’m very interested in hearing about it. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...