Which songs should they add/drop?

Since there is really nothing to talk about GNR wise I started thinking, thinking about a topic that has been discussed multiple times on here but I don't think there was ever a real thread for it.

Which songs to you want them to drop from the setlist?

And which songs do you want them to add to the setlist?

My personal opinion is that they should drop Yesterdays, Sorry, This I Love, Used To Love Her and the covers (Black Hole Sun, The Seeker etc).

Now, I'd love if they'd add Think About You, Pretty Tied Up (maybe even as a special opener for Download?), Bad Obsession, Street of Dreams, You're Crazy and some new "stuff for Duff" like Dust N Bones or So Fine. And if they have to do covers, maybe Mama Kin and that kick ass 5 minute We Will Rock You? Or Tie Your Mother Down?

Theres other songs that shouldn't be played either because they sound so bad like SCOM, YCBM or Rocket Queen(even though Rocket Queen is my favorite GNR song). But don't think that's a possibility.

Some might say this thread is unnecessary, but I just thought I'd do it anyway.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

Since there is really nothing to talk about GNR wise I started thinking, thinking about a topic that has been discussed multiple times on here but I don't think there was ever a real thread for it.

My personal opinion is that they should drop Yesterdays, Sorry, This I Love, Used To Love Her and the covers (Black Hole Sun, The Seeker etc).

Now, I'd love if they'd add Think About You, Pretty Tied Up (maybe even as a special opener for Download?), Bad Obsession, Street of Dreams, You're Crazy and some new "stuff for Duff" like Dust N Bones or So Fine. And if they have to do covers, maybe Mama Kin and that kick ass 5 minute We Will Rock You? Or Tie Your Mother Down?

Theres other songs that shouldn't be played either because they sound so bad like SCOM, YCBM or Rocket Queen(even though Rocket Queen is my favorite GNR song). But don't think that's a possibility.

You don't think there's been a setlist thread on here?? :lol::lol::lol:

Having said that; you're right in that there's nothing to discuss at the moment, so why not go ahead with a setlist thread. I also agree with most of what you said to drop. I'd love it if they brought Pretty Tied Up back along with Bad Obsession. Since we got Coma, I'd love to see something unexpected like Locomotive get played. 

• Like 1

Add something where Axl’s rasp would stand out – like Nice Boys or Dead Horse. Don’t add anything that is beautiful yet would inevitably be sung with mickey (Think About You comes to mind). 
Drop some of the covers. 
I’d say drop BHS, but I don’t expect it to be played in 2018 any more. 
I’d say drop NR or KOHD, but we know that’s not gonna happen. 
And finally...

...add a brand new song. 

2 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

add jeff drop ricky

add stephen drop franky

very necessary

I think Bad Obsession would suit Axl's current voice wonderfully. No need to go Mickey on that.

I want Pretty Tied Up and the slow version of You're Crazy, too.

I'd personally drop Yesterdays and Coma, because neither of them have been consistently great on this tour (although Axl nailed the ending of Coma at the Houston 2016 show).

• Like 1

Add:

Dead Horse (if possible with ACDC style rasp)

Nice Boys

Shadow of your love

Bad Obsession

Right Next Door to Hell

Street of Dreams

The Garden with Special Guest Alice

New Songs

Drop:

Everything Chinese except Title Track and Madagascar

You could be mine if Axl can't handle it

Drop the damn covers (except KOHD, Duff's songs and maybe LALD). Rotate the CD songs around more and add Street of Dreams. Also rotate other songs like UTLH/Yesterdays, OTGM/My Michelle and rotate Coma with Locomotive and maybe Breakdown. Play more UYI songs (Pretty Tied Up, Bad Obsession, Dead Horse). Basically a UYI tour setlist plus some Chinese stuff.

Edited by slash97

They should add: Shackler's Revenge, Locomotive (could be switched with coma), Perfect Crime and Oh My God

They should remove: Whole Lotta Rosie, Black Hole Sun, This I Love and Yesterdays

Ideas: They could switch ISE and WTTJ as openers (maybe even Nightrain) and a intro to SCOM (like The One or Since I Don't Have You)

Edited by Endless2404

Drop Prostitute, This I Love, Catcher In The Rye, Better, COMA, Black Hole Sun, There was a Time, WYWH, Layla

Add Locomotive (for COMA), Think About You, Nice Boys, Move To The City, You're Crazy (slow), Reckless Life, Down on The Farm, Dust N' Bones, Back Off Bitch, Bad Obsession, Don't Damn Me, Dead Horse, Get In The Ring, Pretty Tied Up, Anything Goes, Mama Kin and more Out ta Get Me!!!  

There is a start ;)

Edited by Tom-Ass

Drop the seeker, 

Drop black hole sun

add any of these 

out ta get me

so fine 

14 years

basically any of the staple AFD or illusions songs that don't get regular play. It's not a difficult thing to comprehend lol 

Id just like to see them drop a few covers (completely doable) 

axl won't drop CD stuff so no point even talking about that lol 

Swap these and the setlist would improve significantly:

Coma -> Locomotive (Axl doing lower vocals, Melissa doing high vocals)
This I Love -> Street Of Dreams
Better -> If The World -OR- IRS
Black Hole Sun -> Bad Obsession
The Seeker -> You're Crazy
Yesterdays -> You Ain't The First
My Michelle -> Dust N' Bones (Duff and Axl on vocals)

Drop Used To Love Her, Whole Lotta Rosie, Sorry, TWAT, and WYWH/Layla, and keep Madagascar, Prostitute, Wichita Lineman, Out Ta Get Me and Catcher In The Rye.

the result would look something like:

Spoiler

It's So Easy
Mr Brownstone
CD
WTTJ
DTJ (extended solo into the flamenco part on ITW :drool:)
ITW -or- IRS
Estranged
LALD
CITR
RQ
YCBM
New Rose/Attitude
Street of Dreams
Prostitute
Civil War
You Ain't The First
Wichita Lineman