Which songs should they add/drop?

drop:  kohd, the seeker, black hole sun, Wichita line, godfather, new rose, and maybe slither, coma and yesterdays. Definitely get rid of the Seeker

add:  Anastasia, something from loaded for duff like Sick, locomotive, bad obsession, breakdown, black leather, dust n bones

in all honestly I have been to 3 shows on this tour and found them to be a bit long. sometimes less is more (and I'm a huge gnr fan).  so I am in favor of cutting the setlist down by 5 songs

Edited by Chester 524

Drop This I love, Black Hole Sun, Wish You Were Here, Sorry, Better, Prostitute and Frank

Add Out ta Get Me, Think about You, Nice Boys, Mama Kin, Move To The City, Dust N' Bones, Down On The Farm, Reckless Life, Jumpin Jack Flash, You're Crazy (slow tempo)

• Haha 2

On 5.7.2018 at 12:09 AM, Tom-Ass said:

Drop This I love, Black Hole Sun, Wish You Were Here, Sorry, Better, Prostitute and Frank

Add Out ta Get Me, Think about You, Nice Boys, Mama Kin, Move To The City, Dust N' Bones, Down On The Farm, Reckless Life, Jumpin Jack Flash, You're Crazy (slow tempo)

You forgot to ad a drummer:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Drop:  Black Hole Sun, This I Love, Sorry, Seeker, Coma, (Switch out with Breakdown), Witchita Lineman

Add:  Acoustic You're Crazy, Acoustic Move To The City, Acoustic Used To Love Her, Breakdown, Mama Kin.  Do all three acoustics as a sit down set.  If that's too slow then just do two of them and rotate through them.

Edited by Braxon Raine

11 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Where the hell have OTGM and My Michelle been on this leg? Two classic hard rock GNR tunes that I never tire of, it really bums me out that they’ve been absent for a while.

OTGM being pulled after the 2016 NA leg was a mistake. I'm not one to comment much on the setlist but OTGM kind of saved the second half of the set. It made the half hour of jams a bit more bearable

• GNFNR 1

To me, what these threads prove is that there is no general consensus among us on what exactly should be dropped. A lot of people want them to ditch covers, for example, but I think "The Seeker" is a killer encore tune. Axl sounds great on it. It's an upbeat jam before "Paradise City" takes us home.

I like the sets. I love them, actually. Would I have my preferred "dream" set list? Of course. All of us would and it would always be different.

So I don't really like to give an opinion on what I want or think they should do. I'm just happy to get a nearly three hour show. The last concert I went to was the United Center in Chicago last year. It was EVERYTHING.

Edited by GnR Chris

20 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

To me, what these threads prove is that there is no general consensus among us on what exactly should be dropped. A lot of people want them to ditch covers, for example, but I think "The Seeker" is a killer encore tune. Axl sounds great on it. It's an upbeat jam before "Paradise City" takes us home.

I like the sets. I love them, actually. Would I have my preferred "dream" set list? Of course. All of us would and it would always be different.

So I don't really like to give an opinion on what I want or think they should do. I'm just happy to get a nearly three hour show. The last concert I went to was the United Center in Chicago last year. It was EVERYTHING.

I made some suggestions and there really are a bunch more tunes I would like to see them try, but I don't think the sets are that bad.  They gradually switch it up.  I could use less CD songs but they seem to have simmered down on that a bit.. Shadow s and Slither were great additions this leg..

Now that the box set is out, I wouldn't mind seeing them switch out a couple covers like BHS, WL or WYWH for covers they released like Jumping Jack Flash and Mama Kin. 

I think Out Ta Get Me should be a staple. It's one of the most "Axl" songs in the entire GNR catalog. 

Black Hole has run it's course. Never really dug Wichita much. 

This I Love is one of the weaker Chinese tracks and brings the show to a screeching halt. Feels like you've been sucked into Phantom of the Opera or some shit...

I think there are stronger representations of Chinese Democracy as a whole. I may be in the minority, but I dig "IRS"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bdinan said:

I think Out Ta Get Me should be a staple. It's one of the most "Axl" songs in the entire GNR catalog. 

Black Hole has run it's course. 

This I Love is one of the weaker Chinese tracks and brings the show to a screeching halt. Feels like you've been sucked into Phantom of the Opera or some shit...

I agree with these 3 of your statements 100%

On ‎19‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 4:14 PM, TheGeneral said:

Since there is really nothing to talk about GNR wise I started thinking, thinking about a topic that has been discussed multiple times on here but I don't think there was ever a real thread for it.

Which songs to you want them to drop from the setlist?

And which songs do you want them to add to the setlist?

My personal opinion is that they should drop Yesterdays, Sorry, This I Love, Used To Love Her and the covers (Black Hole Sun, The Seeker etc).

Now, I'd love if they'd add Think About You, Pretty Tied Up (maybe even as a special opener for Download?), Bad Obsession, Street of Dreams, You're Crazy and some new "stuff for Duff" like Dust N Bones or So Fine. And if they have to do covers, maybe Mama Kin and that kick ass 5 minute We Will Rock You? Or Tie Your Mother Down?

Theres other songs that shouldn't be played either because they sound so bad like SCOM, YCBM or Rocket Queen(even though Rocket Queen is my favorite GNR song). But don't think that's a possibility.

Some might say this thread is unnecessary, but I just thought I'd do it anyway.

All covers, all long solos, and all slow songs.

The long intros and solos are a bit much, especially with Estranged, November Rain and Coma all on the set. They didn't feel as lengthy before the "new" band started playing Estranged, and before they plugged in Coma on the NITL tour. Now, you essentially have three songs that are almost ten minutes long each. You can't remove NR or Estranged - both are fan favorites, and Coma actually sounds pretty decent. Maybe axing some of the long intros and solo spots would help a bit.

I mainly just hate the fact you can go to a Setlist site and see the set, and pretty much be able to predict what you're gonna hear. 

I guess that's the case with most bands nowadays though. Product of technology 

Add - Breakdown, Locomotive, Street of Dreams, The Garden, Think About You.

Drop- Black Hole Sun, The Seeker, There Was a Time, This I Love, Slither, Yesterdays, Wichita Lineman.

Possibly more should be dropped too so that Axl can have a half chance at improving his delivery with a smaller set.

On 7.07.2018 at 8:15 AM, AxlRoseCDII said:

Where the hell have OTGM and My Michelle been on this leg? Two classic hard rock GNR tunes that I never tire of, it really bums me out that they’ve been absent for a while.

They are standing in the shadow of your love

On 04/07/2018 at 3:50 PM, CAFC Nick said:

Not huge on seeing LALD or KOHD anymore, but I am fully aware that the casual fans know this song so there is no way they get dropped.

Realistically, would like to see BHS, Wichita, Seeker and WYWH dropped. They add very little to the set in my opinion now. BHS sounds good fun but i think its relevance and potency is now past its sell-by date. 

On the flip side, would love to see them bring back in more CD. Seen GNR 13 times and still have never seen TWAT, Prostitute, Catcher...

I agree with everything here. Would quite happily lose the covers for more CD songs (especially the 3 you mention, that keep eluding me live as well).

Would also love to see the likes of Perfect Crime, Dead Horse, Back off Bitch, Pretty Tied Up, Breakdown etc being rotated instead of LALD & KOHD, but clearly that will never happen lol.

• Like 1