Any Lego fans on this forum???

Iron MikeyJ

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

I was pretty into Lego when I was a kid, but mainly just the old school regular block pieces. Some of the Lego games are actually surprisingly not bad.

The funny thing is I really can't stand the Lego games much. Although I DID like Lego Dimensions, but that's because it had a Ghostbusters and Back to the future adventures. Overall though, I find the games to be a lot of puzzle solving, which isn't really my thing. My wife LOVES them though. 

As for Lego itself, my one daughter is what got me back into it. She LOVED them when she was younger, now she's 13 and kinda over them. But I also have a 2 and half years old son. He's always trying sneak down stairs to get into my Lego world, lol. 

i was fascinated by the lego knights line, back in the day.

to this day, the black knights castle still evokes feelings of awe and wonder. tell me, doesnt this look utterly awesome:

latest?cb=20121123151602

I still have a complete set and i'm never getting rid of it.

i also have the accompanying wolfpack hideout, box and all (recently re-bought on a flea market for 25 $):

latest?cb=20110730213010

this castle i always wanted but never got:

6081box.jpg?w=748

I used to wonder what was in those towers and dungeons.

damn, those lego boxarts sure were epic.

Edited by action
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, action said:

i was fascinated by the lego knights line, back in the day.

to this day, the black knights castle still evokes feelings of awe and wonder. tell me, doesnt this look utterly awesome:

latest?cb=20121123151602

I still have a complete set and i'm never getting rid of it.

i also have the accompanying wolfpack hideout, box and all (recently re-bought on a flea market for 25 $):

latest?cb=20110730213010

this castle i always wanted but never got:

6081box.jpg?w=748

I used to wonder what was in those towers and dungeons.

damn, those lego boxarts sure were epic.

I used to have the wolf pack tower set, but it didn't survive my childhood. 

The only "classic" Castle theme sets I currently have are:

And 

I also have ALL of the newer Lego castle sets from 2009 to the present.

On a side note, I don't recommend watching these videos (even though they are min). These were some of my very EARLY YT videos, and are admittedly NOT very good, lol.

• Like 1

I don't personally care much about lego these days but I have a shit ton of the stuff in my house (lego my parents hung onto and passed on and a load of new stuff via 4 kids of my own).

The best set we have owned (IMO) was a large hospital set bought from Denmark. I've never seen one on sale like it in the UK, it was quite unusual.

Unfortunately we are crap at looking after stuff well and most of our sets have ended up mixed in massive generic boxes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alfierose said:

Unfortunately we are crap at looking after stuff well and most of our sets have ended up mixed in massive generic boxes.

^^^This, haha.  

My kids had quite a few Lego sets and I used to join them in building things.  I'm afraid to admit that I had more fun laying out the the wooden railway tracks from Thomas & Friends.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

The new UCS Falcon is awesome but $800 is so much for a lego set lol

We've spent $400 on the Disney castle, and a $500 Hogwarts is on the way that we WILL be buying, lol. 

I also make money on Lego though, through my YT channel and I sell it as well.

I have crates and crates of Lego from my childhood still packed away. Lego feels too bland these days, it's more oriented towards the City range. To me, the old school lego ranges such as Knights & Wizards, Western (Cowboys, Cavalry & Indians), Egypt Explorer/Adventures, Pirates were the best. They were full of creativity and imagination, something that has been lost with modern day lego, albeit I'm sure there are still some cool Pirate-Style Lego these days. 

Here's some Nostalgia:

Image result for LEGO knights castle

Image result for LEGO cowboys

Image result for LEGO 5988

Image result for LEGO 6285

12 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

We've spent $400 on the Disney castle, and a $500 Hogwarts is on the way that we WILL be buying, lol. 

I also make money on Lego though, through my YT channel and I sell it as well.

I had the original Hogwarts as a kid. Are you going to get the falcon?

1 hour ago, Vogstar90_G'N'R said:

I have crates and crates of Lego from my childhood still packed away. Lego feels too bland these days, it's more oriented towards the City range. To me, the old school lego ranges such as Knights & Wizards, Western (Cowboys, Cavalry & Indians), Egypt Explorer/Adventures, Pirates were the best. They were full of creativity and imagination, something that has been lost with modern day lego, albeit I'm sure there are still some cool Pirate-Style Lego these days. 

Here's some Nostalgia:

Image result for LEGO cowboys

Image result for LEGO 5988

Image result for LEGO 6285

Those are all awesome!! I'm all about the Pirate and Castle stuff.

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

I had the original Hogwarts as a kid. Are you going to get the falcon?

No. I don't collect star wars. Not because I don't love it, but because I had to draw the line somewhere. I collect pirate/fantasy/medieval, and city related stuff.

8 hours ago, action said:

that pirate ship was the ship of dreams when i was a kid.

i'm so happy to have been a kid in those days. like has been said: so much creativity and imagination.

there was just something about seeing these epic lego boxes in stores, that made me have to buy them.

Agreed. Lego of the 80s and 90s (before licensed themes) WAS better. Having said that, I DO like certain licensed themes such as LOTR and HP.

My daughter loves the Lego Friends sets, she's got some of the Disney sets too like the Frozen ice castle and Rapunzels tower and some from the Lego movie, I really liked building Cloud Cuckoo Land for her. Lots of her sets have those little flat singular pieces that are a total nightmare to take back off once you have pushed them into place, I really hate those things!

Her favourite set is this one...

41122-1.jpg?fit=1698,1746

She has started collecting the amusement parks sets now. We've got the bumper cars and hotdog stand but she really wants the roller coaster - I'll buy it if it gets put on a sale but £100 for one set is a bit too much. It really looks cool, though! 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...