New Sean Beavan Interview Talking Chinese Democracy, Axl, GNR, NIN & More!

Can't wait to listen to this. Been meaning to check it out for weeks but want to actually listen to it properly instead of just having it on in the background y'know? Will hopefully have a few hours free tomorrow to sit down and finally hear what Sean has to say :) Thanks for doing the interview :headbang:

On 2018-03-05 at 10:39 PM, downliner said:

Can't wait to listen to this. Been meaning to check it out for weeks but want to actually listen to it properly instead of just having it on in the background y'know? Will hopefully have a few hours free tomorrow to sit down and finally hear what Sean has to say :) Thanks for doing the interview :headbang:

You’re welcome! Our interview with Youth is coming out in 38 minutes!

I wonder if Sean ever heard the story/reacted to Ezrin's dismay of the state of the project?

For Sean to work on so much material and take it so far, recommend an industry icon to replace him and then have said icon tell the artist "You've got three songs," That's a kick in the nuts.

Also, I'm surprised Sean wasn't asked his impression of the album when it was finally released. A fair question since we're told his version of it was stylistically quite different. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ChrisWhisper said:

Great Interview!
A very big THANK YOU for Sid and the Boys.

You are really my Number One-GN'R- Information-Source.

Greetings from Luxembourg.

Thanks man! We've got 4 or 5 pretty big interviews coming up! There's definitely one that may stretch into 2-3 hour territory coming up!

On 2/20/2018 at 4:56 PM, soon said:

Fantastic interview!

As a music nerd, I was a little impatient during the 'what does a producer do portion?' but Im sure many people benefited from it.

I bet Beaven was mistaken when he says that both Slash and Duff overlapped with Vrenna.  But interesting as Slash was back and forth again (pun intended) a few times in the preceding years.  Maybe this exposes another 'feel out period' ? 

Duff was there for Vrenna IIRC. Matt was kicked in April or May 97 and then they had a few drummers in rapid succession to fill the spot. Duff didn't quit until the second week of August. What is interesting is that Geffen didn't acknowledge Slash & Duff's departure officially until 1998. I've read things here and there that suggest Axl held the door open for Slash's return for over a year. So there was possibly some behind the scenes back and forth stuff throughout 1997 we're unaware of.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2018 at 10:21 PM, SlashisGOD said:

I think that's a good point to make, the quick and massive success the band had pretty early on. Sometimes when a situation like that occurs one may feel a bit entitled and perhaps Axl thought that since the band was huge, he could take things easy and not be so gung ho anymore because he knew things would stay on that level. Ultimately I think there were many factors that halted the band and in some ways it was just destiny for the band to implode. It took 20 years but I think that period was necessary for the big 3 guys to realize what they had together. 

Now I'm curious, which song did Sean not work on? I'd have to go with Shacklers but who knows. Did he say? Haven't had time to listen to the interview yet.

Actually you hit the nail on the head:

"If we can pull this thing off, if we do this right, it'll be five years before we have to make another album. And we can have five years to...what? It's not so much five years to sit on our asses. It's like, five years to figure out what we're gonna say next." - Axl, 1990.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
4 hours ago, gokken said:

Sorry for bumping this thread but where is this interview? The link is dead. I would really like to listen to this. Please hook me up if I can find it somewhere. If someone could help me find it it would be much appriaciated.

It seems GNR Central have pulled all their interviews from youtube, while their other videos are still up. Why they would remove their best content is beyond me.

I had watched this one then, but unfortunately didn't download it. I'd be interested, too, if anyone has.

Edited by Blackstar

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

It seems GNR Central have pulled all their interviews from youtube, while their other videos are still up. Why they would remove their best content is beyond me.

I had watched this one then, but unfortunately didn't download it. I'd be interested, too, if anyone has.

Ok. Thats sad. I would really like to listen to this. If anyone can hook me up with an alternative link or something I would be so happy. 2 hours of Sean Beavan sounds so interesting!

25 minutes ago, agustingloger said:

The vídeo is offline already 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yes, that's what we've been talking about. It's been offline for a long time now. Apparently GN'R Central themselves took it down (as well as all their other interviews).

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

I believe it was this interview where Sean said it was a bit odd being the same age as Rose through this process.

Yes, he mentioned that about the same age (also about both of them being from the Midwest). Not exactly as being odd, but in terms of their relationship - that it was more a friendly one than the typical artist-producer relationship, and the label saw that as a problem.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, he mentioned that about the same age (also about both of them being from the Midwest). Not exactly as being odd, but in terms of their relationship - that it was more a friendly one than the typical artist-producer relationship, and the label saw that as a problem.

That's too bad, they could have made one or more very cool albums.

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, that's what we've been talking about. It's been offline for a long time now. Apparently GN'R Central themselves took it down (as well as all their other interviews).

What other interviews were on their channnel? 

Did they have any reason for taking them down? 

I really want to hear Sean Beavan talk about the cd-era. 

On 3/4/2018 at 2:53 PM, Blackstar said:

He said all the songs on CD except one were songs he had worked on. Then he said that the vocals on most of CD are the ones he had recorded and that Axl credited him on the liner notes for the songs with vocals he had edited. He also said that vocals were still being recorded when he left. To me that means that not all the songs he had worked on and ended up on the album had vocals on.

The songs Beavan is credited on the CD booklet are CD, SoD, TWAT, IRS, ITW, CITR (only for arrangement, not editing) Riad, Madagascar and Prostitute. That leaves out Shackler's, Sorry, Scraped (ie. Buckethead songs and it makes sense that those didn't have vocals yet when Beavan left), Better and TIL.

Regards the locker leaks, is it safe to say that all the tracks that reference Josh on, are beaven produced tracks? 

And the rest are RTB? 

4 hours ago, gokken said:

What other interviews were on their channnel?

Did they have any reason for taking them down? 

I really want to hear Sean Beavan talk about the cd-era.

The Beavan interview was really a good one. Lots of new information and cool stories.

They also had Youth (a short interview), Dave Dominguez, Doug Goldstein two or three times, Arlett Vereecke, Teddy Andreadis, Jimmy Ashhurst from the Ju Ju Hounds, and others.

I have no idea why they would take the interviews down. They were criticized on here for their other content (clikcbait articles on their blog and some of their "true story" videos), but the interviews were generally much appreciated. Unless they took them down as "revenge" for the criticism, but that would be a too childish and silly thing to do.

2 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Regards the locker leaks, is it safe to say that all the tracks that reference Josh on, are beaven produced tracks? 

And the rest are RTB?

That would make sense, but then again, since the locker leaks are from the RTB time, they could have been remixed.