sidman69

New Sean Beavan Interview Talking Chinese Democracy, Axl, GNR, NIN & More!

Can't wait to listen to this. Been meaning to check it out for weeks but want to actually listen to it properly instead of just having it on in the background y'know? Will hopefully have a few hours free tomorrow to sit down and finally hear what Sean has to say :) Thanks for doing the interview :headbang:

On 2018-03-05 at 10:39 PM, downliner said:

Can't wait to listen to this. Been meaning to check it out for weeks but want to actually listen to it properly instead of just having it on in the background y'know? Will hopefully have a few hours free tomorrow to sit down and finally hear what Sean has to say :) Thanks for doing the interview :headbang:

You’re welcome! Our interview with Youth is coming out in 38 minutes!

I wonder if Sean ever heard the story/reacted to Ezrin's dismay of the state of the project?

For Sean to work on so much material and take it so far, recommend an industry icon to replace him and then have said icon tell the artist "You've got three songs," That's a kick in the nuts.

Also, I'm surprised Sean wasn't asked his impression of the album when it was finally released. A fair question since we're told his version of it was stylistically quite different. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChrisWhisper said:

Great Interview!
A very big THANK YOU for Sid and the Boys.

You are really my Number One-GN'R- Information-Source.

Greetings from Luxembourg.

Thanks man! We've got 4 or 5 pretty big interviews coming up! There's definitely one that may stretch into 2-3 hour territory coming up!

On 2/20/2018 at 4:56 PM, soon said:

Fantastic interview!

As a music nerd, I was a little impatient during the 'what does a producer do portion?' but Im sure many people benefited from it.

I bet Beaven was mistaken when he says that both Slash and Duff overlapped with Vrenna.  But interesting as Slash was back and forth again (pun intended) a few times in the preceding years.  Maybe this exposes another 'feel out period' ? 

Duff was there for Vrenna IIRC. Matt was kicked in April or May 97 and then they had a few drummers in rapid succession to fill the spot. Duff didn't quit until the second week of August. What is interesting is that Geffen didn't acknowledge Slash & Duff's departure officially until 1998. I've read things here and there that suggest Axl held the door open for Slash's return for over a year. So there was possibly some behind the scenes back and forth stuff throughout 1997 we're unaware of.

On 2/25/2018 at 10:21 PM, SlashisGOD said:

I think that's a good point to make, the quick and massive success the band had pretty early on. Sometimes when a situation like that occurs one may feel a bit entitled and perhaps Axl thought that since the band was huge, he could take things easy and not be so gung ho anymore because he knew things would stay on that level. Ultimately I think there were many factors that halted the band and in some ways it was just destiny for the band to implode. It took 20 years but I think that period was necessary for the big 3 guys to realize what they had together. 

Now I'm curious, which song did Sean not work on? I'd have to go with Shacklers but who knows. Did he say? Haven't had time to listen to the interview yet.

Actually you hit the nail on the head:

"If we can pull this thing off, if we do this right, it'll be five years before we have to make another album. And we can have five years to...what? It's not so much five years to sit on our asses. It's like, five years to figure out what we're gonna say next." - Axl, 1990.