New Sean Beavan Interview Talking Chinese Democracy, Axl, GNR, NIN & More!

4 minutes ago, AXL_N_DIZZY said:

Nicely done. Beavan’s an interesting interview and very talented. 

Seems like there actually was a good initial creative push in 98-99- and a group of guys that had grown tight and enjoyed working/creating together (i.e. Finck/Stinson/Freese/Reed/Beavan, etc.). 

Accordingly- though I love the released Chinese Democracy- the ‘99 record (with Beavan at the controls), and the UYI Tour footage are easily the “Holy Grails” in the Guns vault for me... 

Yeah. A group of guys.

Something other's can't come to terms with.

3 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

Your heads pretty thick, don't worry. 

The CD credits are still carved in stone and instead of assuming, and making wild claims, and omitting the facts that slap you in the face you still CRY. 

Can you please READ that it was a band effort, a collaborative effort, a democracy. 

Your starting to drool on yourself 

"IT WAS A DEMOCRACY!"

:rofl-lol:

oh my that was the post of the year!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, ludurigan said:

"IT WAS A DEMOCRACY!"

And it hasn't changed since Slash and Duff are back, Axl still has the last say. So deal with it and quit crying!!

Derp

2 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

"IT WAS A DEMOCRACY!"

Just because it wasn't the version you prefer doesn't change the reality of it..

5 hours ago, GNR 1991 said:

I haven’t listen to the whole thing yet but I skipped to that part you mentioned and Sean was referring to Axl’s vision in the context of Brian May’s involvement, not the entire process or album. Last time I checked May was never a member and was invited as a guest to noodle around.

actually that sean beavan quote was just one of zillions of others indications/evidences/proofs pointing to the fact that it was an axl solo album

that quote is just another indication/evidence/proof of that if you ask me

15 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

actually that sean beavan quote was just one of zillions of others indications/evidences/proofs pointing to the fact that it was an axl solo album

that quote is just another indication/evidence/proof of that if you ask me

Yeah. You cherry pick and ignore what you choose to, great work. And you can't distinguish the difference between having a vision and song writing. 

Edited by Order of Nine
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

not a fan of nine inch nails and whatever possesed axl to go that route is beyond me. he shoulda let slash have his gritty rock tracks and kept writting lavish ballads and wed probably have a few more good records. imo that whole NIN vibe is what ran nugnr into the ground

Have you listened to CD? There's maybe two tracks that could possibly be linked to NIN, the rest is lavish ballads, straight rockers, or some progressive rock.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

not a fan of nine inch nails and whatever possesed axl to go that route is beyond me. he shoulda let slash have his gritty rock tracks and kept writting lavish ballads and wed probably have a few more good records. imo that whole NIN vibe is what ran nugnr into the ground

Where do you hear a NIN influence outside of OMG???? 

I seriously think that alot of people are stuck in 1989 and that as soon as they hear something outside of that box they label "industrial" or "nu metal"

CD was neither!!!

It is more prog rock then anything. It mixed a multitude of styles together.

10 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

He was trying to push the band's sound forward and didn't want to do the same thing over and over, just as UYI was a progression from AFD, fair play to him for trying.

1 hour ago, Order of Nine said:

Where do you hear a NIN influence outside of OMG????

Shackler's Revenge, the worst track on CD by a country mile, Riad to a lesser extent. I agree there isn't much industrial there on the final release. There probably is on some of the tracks in the vault, Silkworms for instance had an industrial vibe, again, a poor track imo.

50 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

He was trying to push the band's sound forward and didn't want to do the same thing over and over, just as UYI was a progression from AFD, fair play to him for trying.

Shackler's Revenge, the worst track on CD by a country mile, Riad to a lesser extent. I agree there isn't much industrial there on the final release. There probably is on some of the tracks in the vault, Silkworms for instance had an industrial vibe, again, a poor track imo.

exactly my point. and yeah props to axl for trying to evolve but he went the wrong route imo. and yeah two songs simular to NIN on the final release but how much of the unreleased stuff sounded like shacklers or riad? probably a lot of the stuff that made slash say fuck it was simular to that stuff but thats just me speculating... if im gonna go based on facts then just having finck up there with that reverse mullet or wtv the fuck it was, was a huge turnoff... and beleive me when i say i tried to like it

28 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

finck up there with that reverse mullet or wtv the fuck it was

That was fucking horrific. :lol: Like something out of Rocky Horror. Just as Axl was trying to do something new with the music, Finck was trying to do something new with the mullet, so again, fair play.

7 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

Shackler's sounds nothing like NIN.

Nor does Riad, 

Silkworms wasn't even released.

I think the big problem with Guns fans is that they are largely an older generation and completely out of touch with anything past ,95. Things are underground now for the most part. Much of what your commenting on are a combination of many styles of music mixed together.

Edited by Order of Nine
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

Yes it does.

Again, it does. A little bit.

And? I never said it was.

Shackler's sounds nothing like NIN. The chorus has a chord progression, you've got a wild atonal guitar solo , tapped arpeggios on the last chorus, a drum beat that has a swing feel in the chorus, layers of vocals throughout (something that Trent couldn't dream of doing if he even wanted to) this song is so far removed from what Trent does and how he's does it, you could put Trent on vocals in this song and it STILL wouldn't sound like a legit NINs song. The minor 2nd note intervals in the intro are more so used in hardcore and grindcore (Dillinger escape, Zao, Poison the well) that's been a staple of that genre for over 20 years. Fact is Bucket was ahead of his time and all of his atonal work that you most likely heard at Rio in 2001 and he's never gotten the credit for getting that incorporated into mainstream music. It has nothing to do with industrial music, Ministry was pretty much the grand daddy of that movement, and they sound nothing like this song either.

Riad is just a modern day stab at Zep with some mild cyberpunk neopunk and prog rock elements in it. The back half is completely original with Buckets lead over Axls vocals, there's nothing NIN about that. 

Put those classic rawk records to rest and catch up to 2000.

Edited by Order of Nine
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It's so weird. I have a copy of Chinese Democracy right next to me so I double checked it. In 3 different places (cover, back cover and spine) it lists it as a Guns N' Roses album. I checked inside just to be sure, and sure as shit, there were pictures of the Guns N' Roses lineup that played on the album. Looking further, I found writing credits for the members of Guns N' Roses that were involved in writing each Guns N' Roses song. 

Yeah, a SOLO record that was put together by a bunch of guys jamming, coming up with ideas, collaborating with confirmation of this FROM a band member. 

But no it was Axl that wrote the entire album, those credits are just there to fool you and I RussTCB.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Ok mate, guess I need to catch up. :facepalm::lol:

So you can't hear a similarity between Shackler's and something like, oh I dunno, 'The Hand That Feeds'?

Nothing alike!!! 

Not  to mention shackler's was written BEFORE this was even released!!!!

Can you at least hear the melody difference??? No. You obviously can't. 

Shackler's is like a full orchestra score compared to that and it is much more elaborate with the melodies.

Edited by Order of Nine