New Sean Beavan Interview Talking Chinese Democracy, Axl, GNR, NIN & More!

1 hour ago, Order of Nine said:

Did it Dawn on you yet that we pointed out the hand was released in 2005 and. Shackler's was recorded sometime BEFORE 2004 when Bucket was in the band or are you going to keep ignoring this fact???

pregui%25C3%25A7a+acordando.gif

41 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

And it's got the SAME beat the ENTIRE song!! Absolutely no chord progression under anything and other then that riff at 1:07 is pure ear candy. 

Where's all the melodies that are similar? Chords? VOCAL lines???

Axl does triplets on the chorus! That's gonna be a pretty tough find to make a correlation with ANY NINs song.

source.gif

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

No. That's good. Now go back to being a "fan".

And if your going to make a claim at least analyze what your looking at instead of making GENNERAL claims and assumptions.

Ok, it might be time for you to calm down a little.

Remember that opinions don't make you or anyone else more or less of a "fan". 

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Ok, it might be time for you to calm down a little.

Remember that opinions don't make you or anyone else more or less of a "fan". 

I'm just pointing out some facts, some people made wild claims about how a song was lifted, clearly it's not the case with the example they gave me. 

And yes I have huge doubts as to why a fan would make claims like that and basically bash Guns credibility. 

29 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

I'm just pointing out some facts, some people made wild claims about how a song was lifted, clearly it's not the case with the example they gave me. 

And yes I have huge doubts as to why a fan would make claims like that and basically bash Guns credibility. 

I think you're reading WAY more into the comments than you should, but that's just me.

53 minutes ago, tremolo said:

I think that people just repeat what they’ve read without putting much thought into it.

Shackler’s has as much NIN in it as The Garden has Millie Vanillie.

I didn't read anything. I came up with the association by myself and it is a valid opinion, even if you or someone else doesn't agree.

Saying that people do not think or are not fans or whatever other patronizing comments are unnecessary in this discussion.

58 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I think you're reading WAY more into the comments than you should, but that's just me.

I made a joke about the two songs "being the same freakin' song" and he got triggered on that. Of course, I was trying to be ironic or funny or whatever. I do not seriously think the songs ARE THE SAME, I just think there are some similarities musically speaking but I still don't understand why some people go ape because of it.

Just an opinion, not so much out of place, since many critics have talked about ChinDem in the same terms and its got nothing to do with taking credibility away from Axl or the band that recorded Shackler's.

Wow, this thread has really developed into... something.

But still, Axl paid people to writte what he wanted to be written. Solo project.

Paying random people to writte for you = Solo Project.
People fighting together for an ideal = band.

Axl sharing songwritting credits was probably something to pay cheapper salaries to the guys he hired, kind of a promisse of the album being big. Poor fellas.

Edited by default_

12 minutes ago, default_ said:

Wow, this thread has really developed into... something.

But still, Axl paid people to writte what he wanted to be written. Solo project.

Paying random people to writte for you = Solo Project.
People fighting together for an ideal = band.

Axl sharing songwritting credits was probably something to pay cheapper salaries to the guys he hired, kind of a promisse of the album being big. Poor fellas.

Re read Tommy Stinsons interview with bass player magazine from 2009. 

Was that article a Psy op?

Lmao

Come on...

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I took thier claims and analyzed it and broke it down. 

I don't think it's fair to make claims without having any knowledge of the specifics which is exactly what would happen in court if these claims were made.

Melodies, vocal lines, chord progressions. Those are all factors. 

I just pointed out the obvious cause I've looked at the details and it makes no sense. That's all. 

6 hours ago, jamillos said:

Apparently, they worked both for him and with him; he was the boss all right, but the results stemmed from common effort, where everybody contributed with their own visions, as they said themselves. No mystery about that. 

i can see where you coming from because all of these guys that axl hired said a billion times that axl was the coolest guy and that he encouraged everyone to give their contributions and that he was truly into the music and he made a point into including everyone's ideas on the record etc etc etc

the fact that he did all that probably makes him one of the coolest bosses ever

but at the end of the day he was still the boss, it was him running the show, hiring and firing people, calling all the shots etc etc etc, we all know that

34 minutes ago, tremolo said:

I didn’t mean to patronize. But I still don’t get what in Shackler’s resembles any NIN song, and I say this as a fan of both bands and everything Trent Reznor has put his hands on.

Maybe to the casual NIN listener, Shackler’s might sound closer to NIN just because of all the references we got in the media back then and because it doesn’t resemble much what we used to associate with the GNR sound. Personally, I think they are 2 completely different beasts.

If people were more clear about how/why any gnr music sounds like NIN we could have a more productive discusion about it.

I took a long time to buy ChinDem so I didn't read the reviews and nothing related to it for quite some time. When it came out I was over it already, not interested, I had listened to the leaks and that was my idea of it.

NIN I started listening to them with more focus around 2008 or 2009..... Obviously, both albums were out by then. Still, I wasn't listening to CD that much so I thought nothing of it.

The bolded: it's all over the comments made by myself, @bucketfoot and other people. You need to go back and read them.

34 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

i can see where you coming from because all of these guys that axl hired said a billion times that axl was the coolest guy and that he encouraged everyone to give their contributions and that he was truly into the music and he made a point into including everyone's ideas on the record etc etc etc

the fact that he did all that probably makes him one of the coolest bosses ever

but at the end of the day he was still the boss, it was him running the show, hiring and firing people, calling all the shots etc etc etc, we all know that

In no way am I arguing against that. It’s just that some of the arguments on this god damn site tend to get kinda seriously black & white extremish, if ya know what I mean… :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Order of Nine said:

I took thier claims and analyzed it and broke it down. 

I don't think it's fair to make claims without having any knowledge of the specifics which is exactly what would happen in court if these claims were made.

Melodies, vocal lines, chord progressions. Those are all factors. 

I just pointed out the obvious cause I've looked at the details and it makes no sense. That's all. 

Their "claims" are their opinions. What something sounds like is entirely up to each individual. People hear things differently than others. It's not really a reason to get bent out of shape.

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Their "claims" are their opinions. What something sounds like is entirely up to each individual. People hear things differently than others. It's not really a reason to get bent out of shape.

I understand about someone's claim.

The problem is if they make a claim and it's proven to be false then it's no longer an opinion. 

I just think it's funny that people can make wild accusations against a band they are fans of without having an understanding of the nuts and bolts behind what they are talking about. 

I'm here as a fan, so of course if I read a claim that I know to be false then I will speak up. That's not me getting bent out of shape that's just rectifying the facts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Order of Nine said:

I understand about someone's claim.

The problem is if they make a claim and it's proven to be false then it's no longer an opinion. 

I just think it's funny that people can make wild accusations against a band they are fans of without having an understanding of the nuts and bolts behind what they are talking about. 

I'm here as a fan, so of course if I read a claim that I know to be false then I will speak up. That's not me getting bent out of shape that's just rectifying the facts.

OK... We're not going to go in circles about this anymore. I've tried to be nice but it's become apparent that you're unable or unwilling to reason on these topics. 

Here's some things you need to understand:

Posters are allowed to share their opinions on here without fear of being attacked by someone who has a different opinion than theirs. 

That's what people have done in this thread, they've shared their opinions. It's not "claims" it's opinions. Opinions can't be proven right or wrong, they can merely be discussed and that's what we allow here. 

So after several tries to be nice, I'll say this again: you need to calm down. If you can discuss a difference of opinion without attempting to insult others, than great. If you can't, then you need to leave the opinions you disagree with alone. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1