Fortus Plays GN'R Covers with Blackberry Smoke

RICHARD FORTUS plays song written by IZZY STRADLIN and AXL ROSE!

Live with BLACKBERRY SMOKE!

in 2018!

In St Louis!

And plays two solos!

Originally done by SLASH!

IN HIS OWN WAY!

SERIOUSLY!

I am so happy but i am so pissed at the same time!

I just can't figure out why did Richard Fortus had to play a three-chord 1988 song mostly written by Izzy Stradlin!

Why?

Why???

I just can't figure out why didn't Richard play one of the songs he wrote with Axl Rose instead!

:rofl-lol:

(PLEASE MODS DO NOT CHANGE THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD!)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ludurigan said:

RICHARD FORTUS plays song written by IZZY STRADLIN and AXL ROSE!

Live with BLACKBERRY SMOKE!

in 2018!

In St Louis!

And plays two solos!

Originally done by SLASH!

IN HIS OWN WAY!

(PLEASE MODS DO NOT CHANGE THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD!)

There was some glitch on the forum that gave your thread a ridiculous title, so I fixed it for you :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, EricA said:

GnR playing a song written by Bob Dylan, IN THEIR OWN WAY!

Seriously? WHY?

GnR playing a song written by Paul McCartney, IN THEIR OWN WAY!

Seriously? WHY?

GnR playing a song written by Pete Townsend, IN THEIR OWN WAY!

Seriously? WHY?

...and so on:sleeper:

and to answer the WHY question...Because they can, and it's called cover version:facepalm:

Trouble is their style rarely does justice to their choice of covers.  Though I've got to say their takes on Heartbreak Hotel and Jumping Jack Flash were pretty cool.  Since I Don't Have You too...just don't for Godssakes ask them to cover any punk songs, Jesus Lord :no:

11 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Trouble is their style rarely does justice to their choice of covers.  Though I've got to say their takes on Heartbreak Hotel and Jumping Jack Flash were pretty cool.  Since I Don't Have You too...just don't for Godssakes ask them to cover any punk songs, Jesus Lord :no:

That acoustic version of Jumpin Jack is really good. I like that one better than the electric version.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

There was some glitch on the forum that gave your thread a ridiculous title, so I fixed it for you :lol:

oh man

now people are replying in a weird way because they never saw the original title!

which was an accurate version of the facts and didnt contain any lies by the way!

the joke was lost!

Edited by ludurigan

19 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

oh man

now people are replying in a weird way because they never saw the original title!

which was an accurate version of the facts and didnt contain any lies by the way!

the joke was lost!

Joke isn't lost, we're all aware that you don't like Fortus, the current line up or anyone who isn't the original five. Lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Joke isn't lost, we're all aware that you don't like Fortus, the current line up or anyone who isn't the original five. Lol

oh man we both know the title of the thread had nothing to do with me or with my dislike for GNA!

"RICHARD FORTUS plays song written by IZZY STRADLIN and AXL ROSE with BLACKSTONE CHERRY and plays two solos originally done by SLASH - in his own way!"

5 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

oh man we both know the title of the thread had nothing to do with me or with my dislike for GNA!

"RICHARD FORTUS plays song written by IZZY STRADLIN and AXL ROSE with BLACKSTONE CHERRY and plays two solos originally done by SLASH - in his own way!"

The real joke is that you'd be fine with any other guitarist on the planet playing a cover of that song but god forbid someone who has been in GnR for almost seventeen years dares touch it with a ten foot pole because somehow that would be him appropriating Izzy's work ( instead of just, you know, him playing the song like anybody else )...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, The Glow Inc. said:

The real joke is that you'd be fine with any other guitarist on the planet playing a cover of that song but god forbid someone who has been in GnR for almost seventeen years dares touch it with a ten foot pole because somehow that would be him appropriating Izzy's work ( instead of just, you know, him playing the song like anybody else )...

yes i would be fine

but not for the reasons you are imagining

the thing is that richard fortus playing an izzy song only adds insult to the injury

has it crossed your mind that if richard fortus had given way to izzy when slash and duff came back then maybe, just maybe, we would have a GNR reunion?

has it crossed your mind that if richard fortus had any sense of decency (and any appreciation for GNR whatsoever) he would have stepped off and given way to izzy?

do you remember that other member of axl solo band (not sure if it was bumblebucket or dj whatever) said that he didn't "wanna be the guy that prevents the reunion from happening?" or something along those lines?

have you listened to the countless people who told axl is real loyal to his friends and probably axl would never have the nerve to fire richard fortus? so, considering that, has it crossed your mind that maybe, just maybe, the only way for the GNR reunion to happen would be if richard fortus and frank ferrer had an act of grandeur by saying to axl something like "thanks a lot axl for the glorious decade-plus you allowed us to have we lived the dream but now its time for us to leave because we wont be and we cant be in the way of Guns n Roses"?

has that ever crossed your mind?