Fortus Plays GN'R Covers with Blackberry Smoke

why so much negativity here? we all want izzy back but truth is if richard walked away, hed probably have to come back when izzy leaves again. history repeats itself. all i see here is a decent band playing an amazing song by my favorite band and it just so happens that the guitarists replacements replacement happened to be there for the gig... the crowd which probably didnt pay very much to be there got a real treat

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

yes i would be fine

but not for the reasons you are imagining

the thing is that richard fortus playing an izzy song only adds insult to the injury

has it crossed your mind that if richard fortus had given way to izzy when slash and duff came back then maybe, just maybe, we would have a GNR reunion?

has it crossed your mind that if richard fortus had any sense of decency (and any appreciation for GNR whatsoever) he would have stepped off and given way to izzy?

do you remember that other member of axl solo band (not sure if it was bumblebucket or dj whatever) said that he didn't "wanna be the guy that prevents the reunion from happening?" or something along those lines?

have you listened to the countless people who told axl is real loyal to his friends and probably axl would never have the nerve to fire richard fortus? so, considering that, has it crossed your mind that maybe, just maybe, the only way for the GNR reunion to happen would be if richard fortus and frank ferrer had an act of grandeur by saying to axl something like "thanks a lot axl for the glorious decade-plus you allowed us to have we lived the dream but now its time for us to leave because we wont be and we cant be in the way of Guns n Roses"?

has that ever crossed your mind?

Has it ever crossed your mind that the people mentioned have moved on in life or accepted the current situation and are at piece with it.

Has it ever crossed your mind that forcing a group of individuals, some of whom still have unsolved issues and baggage, could make the situation and environment toxic.

In your mind you think all 5 members are going to get together one day and it will be like 1987 - 1992 again.

Thats not reality brother, and its not the fault of current members of the band

If it was meant to be, the original line up would be touring Europe in a few weeks.

That time has past.

Maybe you need to expect the situation, make piece with it or choose to support another band.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kiwiguns said:

Has it ever crossed your mind that the people mentioned have moved on in life or accepted the current situation and are at piece with it.

Has it ever crossed your mind that forcing a group of individuals, some of whom still have unsolved issues and baggage, could make the situation and environment toxic.

In your mind you think all 5 members are going to get together one day and it will be like 1987 - 1992 again.

Thats not reality brother, and its not the fault of current members of the band

If it was meant to be, the original line up would be touring Europe in a few weeks.

That time has past.

Maybe you need to expect the situation, make piece with it or choose to support another band.

the current situation is that GNR doesnt exist. you are in piece with it, good for you.

I am not.

I think -- and i am not the only one -- that its a huge waste for the best band ever not to get together and write music again while they still can.

simple as that.

i wont be in piece with GNR not existing until they get together and write new music again.

they can do it now

and the fact that they dont is the biggest wasted opportunity in the history of music if you ask me

===

who said I want 1987-1992 all over again? you are mistaken. i want the best band ever to create, record and perform new music. i want they writing songs about their daily lives and their struggles and about the world we live in and about whatever the fuck they feel like writing songs about. maybe you didnt notice, but axl, izzy, slash and the others do it better than anyone in the business

but hey, you can read my mind so yeah, i want 1987-1992 to happen again, right?

===

oh, and YES, it is the fault of richard fortus and frank ferrer, that they are there yet. they should have left. anyone who knows and cares a bit about GNR would have done it

===

"meant to be"? what is that? yeah, i wont get into a "meant to be" discussion with you or anyone. unless you are the creator or something then you can tell me what is "meant to be" hahaha

===

oh, and maybe you havent noticed but i am not here to "support" the band in any shape or form. i am here to talk about my favourite band. i am here because i love GNR, not because i "support" GNR

===

finally, who said anything about forcing anyone? please dont put words on my mouth. all i said is that the two main aliens should have left because then, maybe, just maybe, we could have GNR.

believe me, you would love it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ludurigan said:

Do you really think that the AFD5 reunion didn't happen because Fortus und Frank didn't wanna leave the band?

If Axl, Slash and Duff would have wanted an AFD5 reunion, it would have happend.

And if in your mind Richard is still in the band only because Axl didn't have the nerve to fire him, despite wanting Richard out and Izzy back, then isn't it Axl's fault? He is a grown man and ownes GNR.