New Steven Adler Interview!

• 1 month later...

this is the best sounding thing out there of gnr and adler and axl lead the bunch here in performance 

has anyone else heard this yet? its the best magic out there 

im thinking since axl likes a drink adler can hang with him for little bit and it'll be fine with light beers and doobies 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

On 3/1/2018 at 11:53 AM, auad said:

Adler has something that Frank (or even Matt) will never have.
you look at him and see GNR. simple this way

Only now the more I hear him talk the less I can take him seriously. He will be lucky to play a couple songs again from here on out. And I totally understand that.

As the drummer of Appetite I'll always love Steven's work. I do however, find him hard to take serious. He's just to out there for me. But so are the rest. Love the music, but don't care for the personalities. 

40 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

He is not really doing anything different from what Rose did in the 00s to be honest. Like Rose, Adler has formed a cover band to play Appetite for Destruction - and that he believes his presence playing these songs is a sort of legitimising presence. Like Rose he is badmouthing ex-Guns N' Roses members. Like Rose he is heavily weighed down by the past.

But Rose only played on Guns N' Roses so no cover band...

Should I believe my tickets that read "Guns N' Roses" or DieselDaisy who says "cover band" on a forum?

• Like 2

can anyone explain to me why it matters one iota whether Steven can be taken serious or not? he's not a fucking politician, and no one does take these people serious anyway

he's a drummer. he pounds stuff. And when he does, the world listens.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

He is not really doing anything different from what Rose did in the 00s to be honest. Like Rose, Adler has formed a cover band to play Appetite for Destruction - and that he believes his presence playing these songs is a sort of legitimising presence. Like Rose he is badmouthing ex-Guns N' Roses members. Like Rose he is heavily weighed down by the past.

It's his personality bud, it's grating and he's like an annoying child 

• Like 1

Just now, Modano09 said:

Axl was trying to continue GNR. Adler's been trying to live in 1987 for 30 years.

Even with the NITL thing, in their own ways - Adler and the ''big three'' - they are all peddling the exact same ''Sunset Strip'' nostalgia. This is how the NITL Tour was launched in 2016,

tower-records-01-titeljpg-702x336.jpg

Imitation ''1987 sleaze''. ''Retro AIDS'' and empty syringes. An era nobody really liked at the time, of piss and smelly garages, now being recreated VIP style. You could even stand there and gawp and Rose's smelly trainers (if you had the inclination?),

b09713073341bfea85f3f103ee49f404--tower-

Guns N' Roses reduced to a museum piece.

And Adler - let's see how he is advertising his tour,

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4kA0cRnNGhoivuMU3hKZ

Well he has aged rather well. Doesn't look a day over 1988. And that is the exact font and colouring as the Appetite vinyl. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Even with the NITL thing, in their own ways - Adler and the ''big three'' - they are all peddling the exact same ''Sunset Strip'' nostalgia. This is how the NITL Tour was launched in 2016,

Imitation ''1987 sleaze''. ''Retro AIDS'' and empty syringes. An era nobody really liked at the time, of piss and smelly garages, now being recreated VIP style. You could even stand there and gawp and Rose's smelly trainers (if you had the inclination?),

Well he has aged rather well. Doesn't look a day over 1988. And that is the exact font and colouring as the Appetite vinyl. 

I get the NITL nostalgia. It's a reunion tour, some call backs to the past were cool, other's not so much. Adler seems to be desperately clinging to the past because it's either all he has or he never really wanted to leave it.

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

He doesn't look a day over 1988? :blink: :wow:

https://vk.com/photo-19069363_253379608

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

And Rose was trying to distance himself from 1987?

A covers band; dancing strippers; a Sunset Strip cock-rocker in Ashba (who wouldn't look out of place in one of Adler's bands to be honest)!

It is the exact same as Adler!!

Haha! I see your agenda here but it's honestly not comparable in any imaginable way.  :blink:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

I get the NITL nostalgia. It's a reunion tour, some call backs to the past were cool, other's not so much. Adler seems to be desperately clinging to the past because it's either all he has or he never really wanted to leave it.

And Adler's is a return (of sorts) to the recreation of the Appetite drum sound, i.e. the classics played with their correct drumming. In his own mind this is how he sees things. In the three's mind they feel that only they're indispensable I suppose and can dispense with Izzy Stradlin and Adler freely. I'm not saying either are right or wrong but they are both peddling the exact same thing, except Adler's is in a club and theirs is in a stadium.

Adler is rather naive and is an easy target, but it is the exact same premise!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, action said:

thus it's rendered futile. got it.

make sure you pass the memo on the millions of fans chanting along SCOM

I don't know what you're getting it. It should be 1987 all the time? I'm not dismissing what GNR was in 1987, I'm dismissing this obsession Adler seems to have with it being 1987 forever. 

• Haha 1