GNR Demo Tape Soundcloud

On 15/03/2018 at 8:19 AM, estrangedtwat said:

The fat guy that leaked stuff in the past played the "remix album" in its entirety to several board members.  I was not one of them.  Just heard about it.

How does he actually get hold of this stuff, he is neither rich, powerful or famous. It seriously baffles me that he's a well known neck beard and hasn't been squashed.

13 minutes ago, Lio said:

@troccoli said he had no clue the cassette would be included, but he thought it was the same. He couldn't be 100% sure, because he hadn't received his box yet. I don't think he's posted anything about it since.

He wasn't compensated for the usage of the tape?  I realize it's a bootleg of their songs and belongs to them, but, there was apparently no one in the band who still had one to throw in there, or they wouldn't have needed his, right?

Just now, oneway23 said:

He wasn't compensated for the usage of the tape?  I realize it's a bootleg of their songs and belongs to them, but, there was apparently no one in the band who still had one to throw in there, or they wouldn't have needed his, right?

He got compensation for the use of his stuff. He posted about it earlier.

3 minutes ago, Lio said:

He got compensation for the use of his stuff. He posted about it earlier.

Ok.  I obviously incorrectly assumed he was not, because he wasn't even sure if it would be included.  I'm glad they were smart and worked a deal out.

1 minute ago, oneway23 said:

Ok.  I obviously incorrectly assumed he was not, because he wasn't even sure if it would be included.  I'm glad they were smart and worked a deal out.

Yes. They used other stuff too, like the ticket stubs and such, and other memorabilia. He's mentioned in the box set and he got compensation. I believe he shipped them stuff they asked, but he didn't know how or if they would use it all, I assume.

3 minutes ago, Lio said:

Yes. They used other stuff too, like the ticket stubs and such, and other memorabilia. He's mentioned in the box set and he got compensation. I believe he shipped them stuff they asked, but he didn't know how or if they would use it all, I assume.

That's fantastic.

55 minutes ago, troccoli said:

It's all kind of weird.  Yes, I shipped them everything I had (they paid the freight and insurance).  I have my name in the credits and I am getting various free items (the box, the super deluxe, etc.).  The cassette tracks themselves were pulled from the original analog studio reels.  But the physical part of the cassette (the artwork if you will) might have come from me.  Not sure if they had that or not.

You're a king

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Waemoth said:

Well, the only legal way, it seems.

Same goes for the 5.1 on the blu-ray. Only way to hear that is to buy the super deluxe.

And they wonder why people torrent! It’s because there is no legal way to buy just the content you want.

Sell the blu-ray. I’ll buy it immediately.

Edited by B17NNS

2 hours ago, DeadSlash said:

This was my question too, I got the Mid-tier version that is around $200.  I would like to hear this.  I take it that it is not available in digital form?

That is correct.  But it can be found if you drive around the information superhighway long enough...

• Like 1