Izzy walked out on NITL in 2016 after soundcheck

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Because he KNOWS his worth. Don't you negotiate your salary or whatever money you get from your job, either from an employer or a client?

Oh, really?

Whose songs are they playing? Bon Jovi's?? Britney Spears?? It is Izzy who also wrote those songs, the material they play at the shows belongs to Izzy too. That's a fact.

Dude. Izzy is a legend! He wants to earn as much as Slash and Duff because he is a founding member of the band, original guitar player, he put the seed and participated of the most important musical achievements of GN'R!!! :facepalm:

Slash and Duff also walked out of the band a few years after Izzy... does that make them unreliable? People change and evolve. Izzy is 54 years old, not 20 like in the GN'R golden era.

Still irrelevant. Izzy Stradling hasn't toured since 1991. If you want to consider FOUR (4) shows in Japan in 2000, then he hasn't toured for 18 years. This is one of the biggest tours in rock history and you seem to believe that Izzy now want's to tour out of nothing. Everybody knows that if he came back it would have been for songwriting or touring only a few songs per show. If he loves to tour so much he would have done SOMETHING in the last 18 or 26 years.

If you believe that a teacher who works 2 hours a day should be payed the same as a teacher that works 6 years a day, you're delusional.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Because he KNOWS his worth. Don't you negotiate your salary or whatever money you get from your job, either from an employer or a client?

Oh, really?

Whose songs are they playing? Bon Jovi's?? Britney Spears?? It is Izzy who also wrote those songs, the material they play at the shows belongs to Izzy too. That's a fact.

Dude. Izzy is a legend! He wants to earn as much as Slash and Duff because he is a founding member of the band, original guitar player, he put the seed and participated of the most important musical achievements of GN'R!!! :facepalm:

Slash and Duff also walked out of the band a few years after Izzy... does that make them unreliable? People change and evolve. Izzy is 54 years old, not 20 like in the GN'R golden era.

Yeah they all wrote those songs together but those songs already earned the money that it supposed to earned...The point is without Slash this tour NEVER would be so successful and this is not only because he was there on the beginning it’s because he also makes a very successful career out side GN’R, that’s the point about all this money tour..The songs has always been played on the last 30 years! Slash is the variant, without him those songs can be played over and over but never will make this kind of money. Simple like that.

28 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

This is one of the biggest tours in rock history and you seem to believe that Izzy now want's to tour out of nothing. Everybody knows that if he came back it would have been for songwriting or touring only a few songs per show. If he loves to tour so much he would have done SOMETHING in the last 18 or 26 years.

You have zero understanding of the concept of legend and career path. He doesn't need to tour 20 years in a row to demostrate who he is, he's already done all the work.

If you were a guitar player you wouldn't be paid as much as Izzy, even if you've been playing guitar every day for the last 15 years of your life, you've not achieved anything of relevance with it.

Take as an example soccer players, they retire when they are around 35 years old. If in 20 years from now, Lio Messi was going to play a ONE TIME MATCH for whatever reasons, he'd be paid millions, only because he's a legend and the more the time passes, he will be more of a legend.

22 minutes ago, Derick said:

Yeah they all wrote those songs together but those songs already earned the money that it supposed to earned...The point is without Slash this tour NEVER would be so successful and this is not only because he was there on the beginning it’s because he also makes a very successful career out side GN’R, that’s the point about all this money tour..The songs has always been played on the last 30 years! Slash is the variant, without him those songs can be played over and over but never will make this kind of money. Simple like that.

I agree that Slash is probably the highest attraction of this NITL tour, but that's only because the lineup isn't the full original lineup. If it was, the tour would have been even more monumental than it is right now.

The songs from AFD and UYI will ALWAYS be the material that will draw audiences to Guns N' Roses shows. Previously, with the nuGN'R lineups, the center of attention was Axl alone and these same songs. People didn't attend because of Chinese Democracy.

If Slash was back and they played only ChinDem songs, audiences would protest and feel robbed with the shows. So it is both the PERSONNEL AND THE SONGS.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

Izzy was, obviously, VERY pissed when they didn't split 'the loot' equaliy. Song writting, 3 daogs, MP Money, tweeter...

something obviously changed if Iz was involved with them in Nashville.

however, I doubt that after all initial crap Iz came back to watch some Fartus play his parts from thge side of the stage.

Fact 1 - something went wrong.

Fact 2 - Iz was pissed at them not too long ago - now Arlett says she knows Iz is well through Slash!?!?

There is obviously something going on in the background now that we don't know about.

Said it once, say it again - I found it very symbolic how Arlett said 'there are things going on in the future' she can't talk about right now.  New album or another leg of the reunion tour would not be so big as Izzy coming back. If that happens, I can't see Frank and Melissa being there, especially considering Matt and Izzy bromance and Slash and DDuff history with Sorum.

Who knows, maybe there is more to Sorum falling off Hollywood Vampires.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shotsfired cro said:

Izzy was, obviously, VERY pissed when they didn't split 'the loot' equaliy. Song writting, 3 daogs, MP Money, tweeter...

something obviously changed if Iz was involved with them in Nashville.

however, I doubt that after all initial crap Iz came back to watch some Fartus play his parts from thge side of the stage.

Fact 1 - something went wrong.

Fact 2 - Iz was pissed at them not too long ago - now Arlett says she knows Iz is well through Slash!?!?

There is obviously something going on in the background now that we don't know about.

Said it once, say it again - I found it very symbolic how Arlett said 'there are things going on in the future' she can't talk about right now.  New album or another leg of the reunion tour would not be so big as Izzy coming back. If that happens, I can't see Frank and Melissa being there, especially considering Matt and Izzy bromance and Slash and DDuff history with Sorum.

Who knows, maybe there is more to Sorum falling off Hollywood Vampires.

Regarding Sorum, you're forgetting that 1. Axl doesn't seem to enjoy his drumming, he's also extremely loyal towards his current members and won't oust someone for the sake of it. 2. You're glossing over how Sorum was described as difficult by Arlett to work with in VR "the camera shows Slash three times up close, and me once... that needs to be fixed" etc. I cannot see Slash or Duff pushing to get him back when they've currently got a competent drummer that doesn't cause drama. She essentially said the reason he's not with GNR now, was because of how he handled himself in VR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some people are getting the dates wrong. Nashville was 2016 NITL north-american leg. The tweet about "the loot not splitted equally" is from november 2016 before the brazilian shows. So Izzy bitching about not getting the same as Slash and Duff is AFTER this Nashville incident.

On 2/27/2018 at 4:06 PM, Carmenjello said:

He must’ve gotten his facts wrong. If it happened, it was 2016

Not sure how everyone missed this post but this is the very first thing I thought of when I read the article.  Totally corroborates this story 100%. 

• GNFNR 1

@smoking guns post from the nashville show thread: (07/09/2016)

I just got inside info from my female friend that hung out with the band in their hotel prior to the show... Here is what she told me

1)Axl was at a country singer's house so she didn't meet

2) Izzy was at hotel and I think sound check. She said he seemed annoyed and grumpy. Says they want him to play but was in a shit mood and wasn't playing. He seemed annoyed with Adler. 

3) Melissa and Frank are buddies and have taken to Adler

4) Slash is the big brother and loves Alder being there and looks out for him. She liked Slash eventhough he wouldn't let his hair down for a pic. Was very nice and seemed to care about everyone in the band. 

5) She talked to Duff for a while and he told her all the stuff we know and she was impressed with how professional he was and can tell he is a business man. Duff told her how close he and Slash were to death and how he went to school and learned about business etc. Says he is the one watching the money etc 

6) She liked Melissa a lot. Said she had a great personality and said Frank is so nice and accessible. Like a real cool dude. 

7) She said the band is so much better today than in their glory days of drugs and booze (her opinion). She was so blown away by live Slash (we all are)

8) She said Izzy only seemed to care about Duff and didn't really talk to anyone else.  

9) She met Richard too, I asked to make sure she wasn't confused. Richard was cool but didn't get to talk to him as much as the others. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, killuridols said:

Between the royalties he receives and the buyout he requested he's paid for his song writing. 

1 hour ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Some people are getting the dates wrong. Nashville was 2016 NITL north-american leg. The tweet about "the loot not splitted equally" is from november 2016 before the brazilian shows. So Izzy bitching about not getting the same as Slash and Duff is AFTER this Nashville incident.

Izzy was responding directly to an interview with Axl and Duff...it was a response to the interview NOT the concert incident 

8 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I have never underestimated Izzy on my previous post. I know who he is, I know what he has done for the band. What I don't know is why the fuck is he expecting to "split the loot equally" (TOURING LOOT, there is no such thing as songwriting here since this is only tour related) when he NEVER wanted to tour back in the UYI days. When things got big (and I mean stadium-like big) he left the band, leaving them with no rythm guitarrist.

Songwriting and being a founding member does not apply here since we are only talking about touring. And Izzy Stradlin has never liked to tour. That's a fact. Richard Fortus has been touring with Guns N' Roses for almost 20 years now. And Frank more than 10. What I'm saying is that they KNOW they are hired hands.

Now, if this dicussion about the money split was because a potential new album, then I would agree with you. It should be 1/5 for each. But this isn't what is happening now. Izzy wants to come back after 26 years, to TOUR and pretending to earn as much as Slash and Duff do. Nobody knows how reliable could Izzy be for a huge tour like NITL. Call me what you want but i think that he lost his mind.

Do you seriously thought that Izzy was going to tour the world for 2 years playing Prostitute and other Chinese Democracy songs? Lol. IF he was considered to be in the reunion, he would have played some songs. And that doesn't justify being paid the same as the big 3... Think about it.

I don't know, it just sounds stupid in my head.

Man, Izzy left in 1991, 25 years before the current tour kicked off. Slash left in 1996 = 20 years, Duff left in 1997 = 19 years. 

You gotta hate Izzy for those 5 years he has on Slash.... 

Izzy left that band having sobered up. Surrounded by alcoholics and drug addicts, while you are trying to stay sober is a tough situation. Izzy played on through this, he didn’t leave them “without” a guitar player. He waited until a break in the tour and resigned in Aug, it wasn’t announced till Nov.... 

Talking about a band, you can’t really say “songwriting and being a founder member does not apply here” what is it you think you would be seeing on the stage if A) No one founded the band & B) They didn’t write any songs. Quiet gig... 

Izzy is reliable enough in a touring situation to have done it while a junkie, homeless, dealing drugs and also while stone cold sober with a band that partied hard around him. “Hey Izzy ya want a line” while he’s at rehearsal.... He can survive touring, don’t worry. 

This was a chance to be a band again, split the loot equally for the tour.... Izzy, Slash, Duff all back after 20+ years. But they are greedy fucks so they couldn’t split it evenly. There is no band mentality with guns. It’s every man for himself it seems. They probably don’t care about songs that are 30 years old and who wrote what part of what song. The fans care but I don’t know that the band (Axl) does. 

Guns Could have done a Rolling Stones type of thing where Jagger fucks off and Keith plays 2 songs. It would have been cool to see Izzy and the band do 14 years & Dust N Bones on the tour.... 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

50 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Man, Izzy left in 1991, 25 years before the current tour kicked off. Slash left in 1996 = 20 years, Duff left in 1997 = 19 years. 

Izzy left that band having sobered up. Surrounded by alcoholics and drug addicts, while you are trying to stay sober is a tough situation. Izzy played on through this, he didn’t leave them “without” a guitar player. He waited until a break in the tour and resigned in Aug, it wasn’t announced till Nov.... 

Talking about a band, you can’t really say “songwriting and being a founder member does not apply here” what is it you think you would be seeing on the stage if A) No one founded the band & B) They didn’t write any songs. Quiet gig... 

Izzy is reliable enough in a touring situation to have done it while a junkie, homeless, dealing drugs and also while stone cold sober with a band that partied hard around him. “Hey Izzy ya want a line” while he’s at rehearsal.... He can survive touring, don’t worry. 

This was a chance to be a band again, split the loot equally for the tour.... Izzy, Slash, Duff all back after 20+ years. But they are greedy fucks so they couldn’t split it evenly. There is no band mentality with guns. It’s every man for himself it seems. They probably don’t care about songs that are 30 years old and who wrote what part of what song. The fans care but I don’t know that the band (Axl) does. 

Guns Could have done a Rolling Stones type of thing where Jagger fucks off and Keith plays 2 songs. It would have been cool to see Izzy and the band do 14 years & Dust N Bones on the 

1 hour ago, downzy said:

Izzy’s sobriety is very important to him. 

Adler, not so much. 

Make what you will. 

This, so much

It is right along with what I was trying to say.

You can tell by how Steven is still putting blame on others for his issues and struggles with addiction.

Sometimes It's hard to get people to understand that.

To comment on other posts I think people forget or don't seem to think Izzy giving up his rights in the partnership have any value on this all. I mean Izzy made his decision and he chose to sell his share of the partnership years ago. Again we don't know if he was offered a fair share only he wanted equal loot. Slash and Duff left the band but not the partnership. They stuck around for the lawsuits Izzy specifically said he feared. Izzy thought the band could go bankrupt over lawsuits. He decided to take a payout. At the end of the day that risk didn't pay off for him today. At the time he thought it was the best decision.

I have no doubt that the partnership played a factor. He is a founding member but he received a payout. Facts is facts. For all we know he was offered fair share on tour revenue minus merchandise fees advertising etc which is protected by a contract and partnership. It's legal and has been in place for a very long time. When the partnership is together as an entity it sets out how monies should be split. It's been so long since I have read it I can't remember the exact verbiage and numbers. It does mention Izzy's share and how that was spread I believe.

The three have went to court and fought over different things over the years because of the rights in that partnership and how they deemed them.

No one is denying Izzy should be there and no one is privy to what he was offered we can only go by what we know. Arguing Izzy being a founder doesn't change a legally bound contract.

Song rights are different and they have all maintained their respective rights there including the ones Axl gave Steven with those millions he received.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:
1 hour ago, Powderfinger said:

Guns Could have done a Rolling Stones type of thing where Jagger fucks off and Keith plays 2 songs. It would have been cool to see Izzy and the band do 14 years & Dust N Bones on the 

All great and dandy but again I refer back to the legally binding partnership of Slash Axl and Duff. Izzy sold his share in it to the others in the band. His decision. If you haven't looked up the contract on the partnership you should check it out. 

There may have been an opportunity for Izzy to be part of a reunion but most of the information is secound hand or speculation.

What the band does, is its business and the business of those involved and it effects. 

The people involved seem to have moved on and don't seem to have an issue with the outcome.

Why do some of you take it to heart when the only people that it effects is Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy, Richard, Frank, Melissa, Team Brazil, The Guns N Roses brand and Izzy himself.

12 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

All great and dandy but again I refer back to the legally binding partnership of Slash Axl and Duff. Izzy sold his share in it to the others in the band. His decision. If you haven't looked up the contract on the partnership you should check it out. 

Your right re the contract, I read a good post on it a few weeks ago. I just assumed it would be possible to draw up a contract for the purpose of this tour? Even if it were the original contract for the merchandise or whatever, the ticket sales loot could have been split evenly? 

If it’s not about money, and it’s not about Izzy not wanting to tour. What other reasons are there? 

3 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Your right re the contract, I read a good post on it a few weeks ago. I just assumed it would be possible to draw up a contract for the purpose of this tour? Even if it were the original contract for the merchandise or whatever, the ticket sales loot could have been split evenly? 

If it’s not about money, and it’s not about Izzy not wanting to tour. What other reasons are there? 

It's been a long time since I've read over the contract. Ticket sales may even be included in it. If it isn't it could be they offered him a good portion it could be they may not have who knows. I just feel so many forget how legally binding it is. I just don't feel that they would rip that up knowing they've gone through a lot over the years with it. It's a form of protection for them. 

Many of these guys didn't speak for many years. Going into this the partnership likely helped keep much of things balanced. It's sad to write it but Izzy did receive his payout.

I just don't see 3 guys who went to court battle after court battle with each other and others ripping up that partnership. And understandably in their eyes, they are the ones who dealt with it all over the years. Izzy once again didn't want that per his own words. He said he feared the lawsuits and the loss of money. He chose to sell those share how is it fair they should just say you know what Izzy here you go we may have paid you millions per your own request and let you sail into the sunset but oh shucks here's share back in the partnership.

I'm curious about how ticket sales are split in the contract. I'm gonna have to dig it up. 

Ok so here is a bit of information on the partnership. This covers performances. You can look up more on the trademarks website. Again how this plays into the contract is another thing. The site shows different updates to the partnership over the years and renewals. It is currently legally renewed until 2023 in which they can renew or make changes then.

For:
entertainment services; namely, performances by a musical group
International Class(es):
041 - Primary Class
U.S Class(es):
Class Status:
ACTIVE
Basis:
1(a)
First Use:
Dec. 1984
Use in Commerce:
Dec. 1984

Current Owner(s) Information

Owner Name:
GUNS N' ROSES
Composed of:
composed of W. Axl Rose, Saul Hudson and Michael "Duff" McKagan, all U.S. citizens
Owner Address:
5950 Canoga Ave., Ste. 510
c/o LL Management Group West, LLC
Woodland Hills, CALIFORNIA UNITED STATES 91367
Legal Entity Type:
PARTNERSHIP
State or Country Where Organized:
CALIFORNIA

15 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

It's been a long time since I've read over the contract. Ticket sales may even be included in it. If it isn't it could be they offered him a good portion it could be they may not have who knows. I just feel so many forget how legally binding it is. I just don't feel that they would rip that up knowing they've gone through a lot over the years with it. It's a form of protection for them. 

Many of these guys didn't speak for many years. Going into this the partnership likely helped keep much of things balanced. It's sad to write it but Izzy did receive his payout.

I just don't see 3 guys who went to court battle after court battle with each other and others ripping up that partnership. And understandably in their eyes, they are the ones who dealt with it all over the years. Izzy once again didn't want that per his own words. He said he feared the lawsuits and the loss of money. He chose to sell those share how is it fair they should just say you know what Izzy here you go we may have paid you millions per your own request and let you sail into the sunset but oh shucks here's share back in the partnership.

I'm curious about how ticket sales are split in the contract. I'm gonna have to dig it up. 

Ok so here is a bit of information on the partnership. This covers performances. You can look up more on the trademarks website. Again how this plays into the contract is another thing. The site shows different updates to the partnership over the years and renewals. It is currently legally renewed until 2023 in which they can renew or make changes then.

For:
entertainment services; namely, performances by a musical group
International Class(es):
041 - Primary Class
U.S Class(es):
Class Status:
ACTIVE
Basis:
1(a)
First Use:
Dec. 1984
Use in Commerce:
Dec. 1984

Current Owner(s) Information

Owner Name:
GUNS N' ROSES
Composed of:
composed of W. Axl Rose, Saul Hudson and Michael "Duff" McKagan, all U.S. citizens
Owner Address:
5950 Canoga Ave., Ste. 510
c/o LL Management Group West, LLC
Woodland Hills, CALIFORNIA UNITED STATES 91367
Legal Entity Type:
PARTNERSHIP
State or Country Where Organized:
CALIFORNIA

Where did you find this? Can you post a link to the contract?

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Regarding Sorum, you're forgetting that 1. Axl doesn't seem to enjoy his drumming, he's also extremely loyal towards his current members and won't oust someone for the sake of it. 2. You're glossing over how Sorum was described as difficult by Arlett to work with in VR "the camera shows Slash three times up close, and me once... that needs to be fixed" etc. I cannot see Slash or Duff pushing to get him back when they've currently got a competent drummer that doesn't cause drama. She essentially said the reason he's not with GNR now, was because of how he handled himself in VR.

as a matter of fact - no. 1) you seem to forget when that thing Arlett was talking about took place and how long post that VR went on, as a matter of fact even post Weiland time when they went on a hunt for new singer. I see that ironed out many moons ago.

2) I am glad you find Ferrer competent, that makes at least one...99% of the fans can't stand him. We had many reliable sources who later proved right, saying that 'one of the 2' can't stand Frank. So much about his competency...I even recall that one of the 2 did try to bring Matt in already, anyone remember the story?

Now with Rio PRO shot, Ax would be stupid to keep him in much longer.

As for Ax per se, what he does or says is totally irrelevant. Remember where the titel of this tour came from? He claimed in 2012 Slash would be the last person on the Earth he would be in a band with....He also did say 1992 that 'I plan for Matt to explode on the next record'...

Haven’t read the whole thread but how does anyone know they even reached rehearsals?

surely the money side was negotiated prior to any rehearsals, Izzy’s Twitter about ‘not splitting the loot equally’ speaks volumes and I always assumed that the reunion never got past the negotiation stage before anyone even picked up a guitar .

32 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Where did you find this? Can you post a link to the contract?

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=74295263&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

That will allow you to search the trademarks registered for the partnership. There is another actual written contract that represents the partnership and likely ties into this partnership. You can see any updates changes and even lawsuits they filed over the trademarks. There are at least 3 separate trademarks listed under the band I believe.certain things d

As far as the actual contract goes it is around you just have to search. I'm not sure I can post links as the one I'm looking at is on a different site. Though It was likely posted on this forum as well. One interesting thing is Slash and Duff signed almost a week apart and the dates don't correlate with certain things said by them.

There are initials on the side of the paragraphs of the band members just as Axl said when he claimed they had to initial it as well so it wasn't something that was hidden inside. There also is a part about who will own the name if the others left the band. It's initialed as well.

Edited by BOSSY78
added
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

no, you miss read it. I said Iz was pissed at not splitting loot and wrote songs about it yet, now Arlett claims Iz is fine casue Slash is in cotact with him. Remember, Arlett podcast was now.