Izzy walked out on NITL in 2016 after soundcheck

18 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Not on Axl’s command, though. He commented on that right here on this forum, didn’t he...

I believe he didn't order it. Just like he didn't order Slash being removed from the concert. His team thought it best and took it upon themselves. I think it was the same with the Izzy sign

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

I believe he didn't order it. Just like he didn't order Slash being removed from the concert. His team thought it best and took it upon themselves. I think it was the same with the Izzy sign

Yes, they take every sign. People on here posted about their signs being taken away and torn up by security, even if it just said something like 'Axl, we love you'. I believe the same happened to the girl who asked Axl to blow her a kiss. Norwegiangirl or something? Axl did blow her a kiss, so he didn't mind the sign.

10 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

and yes...I was reffering to fans. 5-10% ppl of the stadium shows are probably a die hard fans.

here you get fans. probably 80% of the concert goers don't own more than 1 cd and 50% don't even know Slash and Duff were out or who is currently on stage playing in front of them.

I am not a new fan, I saw the UYI line up and have 0 interest in this half assed money grab.

Reunion tour means a tour where ppl reunite, not a semi reunion where the past members that want in - stay out.

It would have been a totally different thing if Izzy/Gilby/Matt didn't want in, but I will not pay a ticket to see this after seeing the 90's band.

Then don't go, if you've already seen the ultimate version.

Like it or not, you are not the person this tour was aimed at (even with you being a big GNR fan). Anyone who's actually giving out because Gilby or Matt Sorum not being there are obviously so far removed from what does and does not sell tickets. And yes, that's what it is about. Gilby was no more a member of GNR than DJ... take a breath, we all know that as fact. Gilby was a hired hand. Matt says he was a full member... but, he was just a contracted musician, he had zero say in plans.

If you want to stay in the 90s great, go right ahead... but for the rest of us, time moves on, people change, bands change; you either move with it or you don't. The last AC/DC tour came through Ireland, I decided not to bother going because I had seen the black Ice tour with the BIB line up, and I'm not as much of a fan of the current line up, especially Chris Slades playing... I stayed at home, I'm not angry that AC/DC were out on the road without Rudd who in my opinion would have elevated things. I got on with things.

Now, I don't know what went on with Izzy and his negotiations (beyond cryptic tweets and rumours) but I wish he was there too, that I don't dispute. However his absence didn't stop them from selling out worldwide, so in their minds and promoters minds it worked tremendously without him... and there was more money for everyone else.

8 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

He didn't even know Slash was there so that I can almost guarantee came from his handlers. 

Axls not the worst for doing that stuff, look here :facepalm: :lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yeah Axl would never do anything like that

Do you know the story behind it? While the guy was holding Slash's T-shirt he flipped  Axl that´s why he was tossed off of the show. And closed to this same guy there was another guy with a Slash T-shirt too and nothing happened to him.

13 minutes ago, Derick said:

Do you know the story behind it? While the guy was holding Slash's T-shirt he flipped  Axl that´s why he was tossed off of the show. And closed to this same guy there was another guy with a Slash T-shirt too and nothing happened to him.

These video of Axl in Brazil is epic!:P

• GNFNR 1

15 hours ago, Amir said:

That reminds me of Atlantic City 2012; a girl with a T Rex t-shirt jumped on stage. Was a bit awkward at first glance cuz Bolan was wearing his top hat on the tee.

@Black Sabbath do you remember this?

Yes. I was front and center and she got hoisted up right next to me, literally when Axl was standing on the risers yelling the Paradise City "good fucking night" scream, and I'm guessing his eyes were closed because he didn't see her and she went right passed him, right to Bumblefoot. He hugged her and she said something to him and Axl stepped down off of the risers and was kind of like "Wtf, who is this on stage" and I think Fernando and someone else came over and ushered her off of the stage.

• GNFNR 1

As for signs and shirts, that's always been at the security's discretion. Someone had a three piece "cornshucker" sign in Montréal last year I believe it was (or maybe Buffalo?) and Axl saw it, smiled, and got Duff's attention to point it out to him too. He didn't mind it obviously, but security when and took it away.

On 3/1/2018 at 11:19 AM, TheSeeker said:

i raised this when it first came out and the band along with this site made its very best effort to squash this that they indeed did not remove the sign from this fan - pretty much a cover up of a perposterous proportions as it struck some sensitive in denial chords as did the no slash t-shirts - clearly Izzy's absence is a no touch zone for the GNR camp - they are upset that he did not accept their low balls 

its evident that GNR lies no pun intended 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

On 28/02/2018 at 5:36 PM, killuridols said:

You have zero understanding of the concept of legend and career path. He doesn't need to tour 20 years in a row to demostrate who he is, he's already done all the work.

So none of the AFD5 need to do anything else in their careers? Have they already done all the work? BS! None of them is already a legend, maybe Slash but he still has a lot to do to reach the level of true legends. Legend: Relevant achievements + time.

Take as an example soccer players, they retire when they are around 35 years old. If in 20 years from now, Lio Messi was going to play a ONE TIME MATCH for whatever reasons, he'd be paid millions, only because he's a legend and the more the time passes, he will be more of a legend.

The difference is that Messi already have something like 10 AFD in his caree. That´s a legend.

I agree that Slash is probably the highest attraction of this NITL tour, but that's only because the lineup isn't the full original lineup. If it was, the tour would have been even more monumental than it is right now.

Disagree. Even with the full classic lineup Slash (or Axl/Slash) would still be the headline for the people who are filling the stadiums, I mean, the casuals. Even more monumental because Steven and Izzy? Sorry, I don´t believe it.

The songs from AFD and UYI will ALWAYS be the material that will draw audiences to Guns N' Roses shows. Previously, with the nuGN'R lineups, the center of attention was Axl alone and these same songs. People didn't attend because of Chinese Democracy.

If Slash was back and they played only ChinDem songs, audiences would protest and feel robbed with the shows. So it is both the PERSONNEL AND THE SONGS.

I never said it was not because of the songs. What I said is that the differential factor of this equation is the Slash´s return, as you said (and I've said before), the songs have always been played but only with Slash on the pic again they managed to fill stadiums again. Anyway, yeah..Personnel (Axl/Slash) and the songs.

Wasn't Izzy disappointed with Adler playing a couple songs at a bunch of gigs last year?

Sounded to me like Izzy and Steven wanted a "share of the loot", which GNR wasn't prepared to do, then Steven capitulated and broke rank to play on the band's terms.

Perhaps Izzy wants to keep his self-respect and won't do anything to jeopardise that. I respect him for that, if that is the case.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Derick said:

So none of the AFD5 need to do anything else in their careers? Have they already done all the work? BS! None of them is already a legend, maybe Slash but he still has a lot to do to reach the level of true legends. Legend: Relevant achievements + time.

As Guns N' Roses they did little but it was enough to settle them as one of the classic rock bands now and probably the last rock band.

All of them are in their 50's going to 60. They don't need to work anymore, they are entering retirement age. Of course, nothing prevents them from keep working and they should if that makes them happy, but it is not an obligation anymore. They can live off what they created 30 years ago.

Izzy is the most productive Gunner out of all of them. Slash comes close and Duff comes third. Axl and Steven are the ones with a weaker career but like I said before, none of them really need to do much more, with what they have from AFD and UYI alone, their future and last days are solved.

Yes, they are legends. You will see when one of them passes away.

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

As Guns N' Roses they did little but it was enough to settle them as one of the classic rock bands now and probably the last rock band.

All of them are in their 50's going to 60. They don't need to work anymore, they are entering retirement age. Of course, nothing prevents them from keep working and they should if that makes them happy, but it is not an obligation anymore. They can live off what they created 30 years ago.

Izzy is the most productive Gunner out of all of them. Slash comes close and Duff comes third. Axl and Steven are the ones with a weaker career but like I said before, none of them really need to do much more, with what they have from AFD and UYI alone, their future and last days are solved.

Yes, they are legends. You will see when one of them passes away.

YEP legends indeed - this european tour they should scrap hired hands entirely and give the fans what they truly want all original 5 for the remaining dates no going back - just do it - have sorum as back up or to split duties and that is all 

those other members should bow down do they not know that they've overstayed theyir welcome by a ton and if anything have had the experience of a life time let the legends be truly LEGENDS 

1 hour ago, Derick said:

Yes I do

2 hours ago, Tucknroll said:

I was at the Nashville show and heard that they take signs away because people who paid good money Don t want a sign blocking their view. 

This is the guideline given to security guards. They should restrain posters, banners, and people from climbing on one another's backs. They do this to prevent other people from having trouble viewing the show. And that's not just an orientation to the GNR gigs.

I would actually make a complaint if someone made a sign and block my view. There's no need for it when you spend money on the concert and can't see as a result of someone else's selfishness.  It's bad enough when someone is taller than you and is blocking your view.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I would actually make a complaint if someone made a sign and block my view. There's no need for it when you spend money on the concert and can't see as a result of someone else's selfishness.  It's bad enough when someone is taller than you and is blocking your view.

this. thats why signs get taken away. and axl just threw people out to be an asshole. hes good at that and i like that about him lol 

4 hours ago, Derick said:

They don't NEED to do anything else in their career technically.  What is the end goal as human beings with their own lives?  They will never not get tons of money from royalties and licensing and their music already is a permanent fixture in the mainstream, etc.  They can never release another album, never play a live show ever again, and they will still maintain all of that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

They don't NEED to do anything else in their career technically.  What is the end goal as human beings with their own lives?  They will never not get tons of money from royalties and licensing and their music already is a permanent fixture in the mainstream, etc.  They can never release another album, never play a live show ever again, and they will still maintain all of that.

So why all this criticism about the band for living at the expense of the past? Why all the criticism about nostalgia tour? Why so much interest from the fans in a new album, new music? Why do we have fans saying that they lost interest in the band and only go back to a show if they have new music? Why is Axl so criticized for having just released 1 album in 13 years?..yeah I know..this excuse is only valid for Izzy Stradlin.:facepalm:

16 minutes ago, Derick said:

So why all this criticism about the band for living at the expense of the past? Why all the criticism about nostalgia tour? Why so much interest from the fans in a new album, new music? Why do we have fans saying that they lost interest in the band and only go back to a show if they have new music? Why is Axl so criticized for having just released 1 album in 13 years?..yeah I know..this excuse is only valid for Izzy Stradlin.:facepalm:

Because you cannot satisfy everyone and of course you will find some of those people on a GNR forum?

Fans saying they will only go back to a show if they have new music?  Cool, I am sure Axl is crying over the bakers dozen of people from a online forum saying that

Criticism about a nostalgia tour?  But also HUGE stadiums filled with satisfied fans who say GNR which far far outweighs the number of those bitching about living in the past

I critique GNR too, and I am not saying I personally wouldn't be disappointed if no new material shows up.  But we have to put things into perspective outside of a GNR forum, by and large GNR has already cemented their legacy and it is a substantial one at that.  They don't literally "need" to do anything

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1