The Winds of Winter Snow in Europe 2018

AtariLegend

So while the arctic is heating up, in my lifetime this is the most snow I've ever seen (Northern Ireland). It literally has snowed here every other week over the past few months.

I remember when I was a kid in the 90's and it rarely snowed.

Anyone in the UK enjoying the constant snow?

Edited by AtariLegend

Fuck snow. Give me ice. I want to see the first Frysian 11 cities speedskating tour since 1997. Go ice! It's the most expic speedskating tour there is. 

But yeah, the heaviest winter we've had here I can remember was probably 1997. But 1985 and 1986 were very strong too (but I was 1 and 2 years old then).

18 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

The news report on five just now was hysterical, reporting it as if armageddon is here!

Meanwhile, outside where I live, kids are having a great time and the streets look clean.

Load of hysterical bollocks innit?  Same round here, theres a bit of snow about but so what?   All this red alert shite.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, username said:

Fuck snow. Give me ice. I want to see the first Frysian 11 cities speedskating tour since 1997. Go ice! It's the most expic speedskating tour there is. 

But yeah, the heaviest winter we've had here I can remember was probably 1997. But 1985 and 1986 were very strong too (but I was 1 and 2 years old then).

The winters of 2011 to 2013 were good... lots of snow all season long. If it wasn't for all the snow we might have had the Elfstedentocht at one point during one of those years.

Edited by EvanG

Winter is my least favorite season and I’m having enough of it. There’s no snow where I live but it’s cold -7 Celsius.

I’ve seen some tweets making fun of the comparably little snow in the UK and the outrage about it. Don’t know if those pics were accurate though ;) 

5 minutes ago, EvanG said:

The winters of 2011 to 2013 were good... lots of snow all season long. If it wasn't for all the snow we might have had the Elfstedentocht at one point during one of those years.

It was a close call... My brother in law got all excited because he'd get to ride it. My father in law did the tours of 85, 86 and 97. ;) 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Len is Gracii's cat, confirmed. :lol:

P.S. It's rather sunny down here among these godforsaken desert penal colonies where the thieving guttersnipes of Queen Victorias day were left to outbreed the natives cuz they had fuck all better doin', unfortunately.

fixed

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

All the local schools are closed so the town is full of teenagers hanging outside McDonalds/KFC all wearing their usual puffa jackets and trainers, Not a hat,scarf or welly boot between them!! Teens do not feel the cold. 

@MillionsOfSpiders are you Northern Monkeys wearing coats yet? :lol:

Yes! It's bloody freezing! 

We've even put the heating on :lol:

• Haha 1