Our Interview with Dizzy Reed

Just finished watching this. I really appreciate the effort you guys put into this whole thing, but that interview kinda felt like a wasted opportunity. Lots of questions were redundant and same old same old (sightseeing during tours, best city to play in). There could’ve been lots of interesting things you could’ve asked dizzy about nitl. Too bad..

Edited by Carmenjello
  • Like 1

Great job getting Dizzy on Sid

A few questions I'd have wanted to know about.

What was it like to go thru the st Louis and Montreal shows on the UYI tour.  And ANYTHING about the never ending Chinese Democracy sessions.  I literally can't believe there wasn't a single question about that.

Overall, great to have just gotten that done

1 hour ago, sidman69 said:

people don't realize how difficult securing these interviews are. 

I’m sure it is. Even more reason to throw some questions into the ring that are interesting and worthwile. That was a big opportunity.

Even slash talked about nitl, and he is going area51 since he is back. I’m sure dizzy could’ve told you how it felt like to be on stage with slash again, how it was to be in the rehearsal room for the first time and how his relationship is with him or how his work with melissa is, etc.

Edited by Carmenjello
  • Like 2

I swear EVERY TIME you guys announce a new special guest I'm praying to god for it to be Sebastian Bach. I don't think it's impossible to get him on.

But I enjoyed the interview, Dizzy seems really down to earth. And that indian food story was hilarious lol

I can understand not asking 'deep' questions, you want him to talk good to other GNR members about it and not be like "Yeah and then they asked me to show them the text messages you sent me!"

Btw, did you ask him about Axl quoting one of your videos? If so, what did he say?

17 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

I swear EVERY TIME you guys announce a new special guest I'm praying to god for it to be Sebastian Bach. I don't think it's impossible to get him on.

I got 2 yes's from Bach's manager last year and left a voicemail with his reps like a week ago. As Sid mentioned, booking interviews can be difficult, even with a "yes." 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

appreciate all the hard work. you make this forum a better place. now please for the love of god, try to get one of the big 3 on there and hit em with a question about new music. im sure youve tried already, along with many others but THAT is what 99.9% of us wanna know

im sure even if you did get the chance to ask they wouldnt give you a straight answer but i wanna hear someone other than fortus say the same old shit we've been hearing for years. and i guess fuckin kudos to dizzy for giving us what was pretty much a flat out "no" but im dying to hear it from someone that has some pull

1 hour ago, Gambit83 said:

I got 2 yes's from Bach's manager last year and left a voicemail with his reps like a week ago. As Sid mentioned, booking interviews can be difficult, even with a "yes." 

yeah i've got a yes from a few people and following up is a pain. 

1 hour ago, TheGeneral said:

But I enjoyed the interview, Dizzy seems really down to earth. And that indian food story was hilarious lol

I can understand not asking 'deep' questions, you want him to talk good to other GNR members about it and not be like "Yeah and then they asked me to show them the text messages you sent me!"

Btw, did you ask him about Axl quoting one of your videos? If so, what did he say?

haha yes i asked him off air. He said "weird stuff happens" so i don't know what to make of that answer. 

Edited by sidman69

Some cool stories, but I can't believe there was no talk of the years 1995-2008. Also, there wasn't any real mention of new music, or even if he'd like to do it. 

Would really have loved to have heard about how it was rebuilding the friendship with Duff and Slash after years of not performing together.

I can only imagine how difficult it is to get these interviews, but these were very soft questions. The only thing that came close to a hard question was asking if they would do some more deeper cuts. Not to shit on your efforts, it was a good interview for people that haven't really seen or read many Dizzy interviews. And it's quite possible that your question bank was limited by one of Dizzy's handlers.... if he has handlers?

Funny story at the end though about touring in india :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Some cool stories, but I can't believe there was no talk of the years 1995-2008. Also, there wasn't any real mention of new music, or even if he'd like to do it. 

Would really have loved to have heard about how it was rebuilding the friendship with Duff and Slash after years of not performing together.

I can only imagine how difficult it is to get these interviews, but these were very soft questions. The only thing that came close to a hard question was asking if they would do some more deeper cuts. Not to shit on your efforts, it was a good interview for people that haven't really seen or read many Dizzy interviews. And it's quite possible that your question bank was limited by one of Dizzy's handlers.... if he has handlers?

Funny story at the end though about touring in india :D 

yeah looking back I would have liked to have had more time to prepare. New music i didn't bother asking since he answered that question in another interview he did recently. 

11 hours ago, sidman69 said:

yeah looking back I would have liked to have had more time to prepare. New music i didn't bother asking since he answered that question in another interview he did recently. 

I agree no point asking about it really. I could probably give you the answer he'd give😂 

Anyway, keep up the good work! Love the Beavan and Brain interviews!

Sid some people just don’t understand and respect the fact that it’s extremely hard to get someone like Dizzy on In the first place and then understand that someone who’s so low in the band would never be allowed to talk about highly classified information.

Anyways, really enjoyed watching the interview man I respect all of the work you do for the community and I hope you can keep getting bigger.

Just a thought, maybe if Axl respects you guys enough to quote one of your vids (if that’s what he actually did), maybe someday he might do an interview with you guys. I could definitely see him doing an interview with a lesser known news outlet than with a bigger well known one that could possibly twist his words for publicity.

Edited by Gimpy Hewitt

On 28 de febrero de 2018 at 7:26 PM, Gambit83 said:

I really hope you get it, you are very professional and your podcast is ace! I'm sure the more people you get on it, will open more doors for you. Don't give up and keep pushing with the Baz! :hug:

• GNFNR 1

On 28.2.2018 at 10:35 PM, Carmenjello said:

I’m sure it is. Even more reason to throw some questions into the ring that are interesting and worthwile. That was a big opportunity.

Even slash talked about nitl, and he is going area51 since he is back. I’m sure dizzy could’ve told you how it felt like to be on stage with slash again, how it was to be in the rehearsal room for the first time and how his relationship is with him or how his work with melissa is, etc.

But he is not Slash and no one cares what fucking Dizzy Reed thinks. He made his feelings towards former members clear when they were, well, former members. We don't to know his kissing up to them now.

I think if you ever get Axl on you will never need to worry about anything again. Not only would that make you the biggest GNR channel ever but I don't think he will forget you and that he will give you some great opportunities in the future.

But I think it would be easier to get Elvis Presley on lol