Appetite for Distortion - Ep. 49: Steve Gorman, the Black Crowes

• RussTCB locked, unlocked and pinned this topic

He seems like a really great person.  Between he and Brain balancing being present for their young families with rock stardom one wonders if theres a correlation between awesome drumming and having healthy priorities.

Sounds to me like had he been more assertive in that lunch with Slash that things, possibly, may have been different.  But his lack of drive to make the thing with Slash go forward and the mention of not thinking it ideal to work with Weiland, leaves me wondering if Slash's substance intake during there time together left Gorman hesitant?

But bluesier Slash riffs, Gorman + Izzys writing... oh what could have been :drool: 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

That was a great interview. Really enjoyed it. I am a big fan of the Black Crowes from their first 10 years and always loved Steve Gorman's drumming. Didn't realize he was such a good speaker. The stuff with Steve and his interactions with Slash and Gilby and Duff were gold. And I have never really dug into the band drama in The Black Crowes. I knew there was issues between the Robinson Brothers but didn't realize it was at the level it is.

I wanna give some props to Brando. It might just be the slight culture difference (I am Aussie) but I struggled warming to your radio persona if that's the right word (and don't take that as an insult, we all have individual preference's) but you have done a great job with the interviews. Your guests really seem to open up and come off relaxed and provide some great stories. Not the same old stuff you get with normal interviews. And the variety of guests has been fantastic. I don't post much here but wanted to let you know I am a fan of your show.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Guitar Stu said:

That was a great interview. Really enjoyed it. I am a big fan of the Black Crowes from their first 10 years and always loved Steve Gorman's drumming. Didn't realize he was such a good speaker. The stuff with Steve and his interactions with Slash and Gilby and Duff were gold. And I have never really dug into the band drama in The Black Crowes. I knew there was issues between the Robinson Brothers but didn't realize it was at the level it is.

I wanna give some props to Brando. It might just be the slight culture difference (I am Aussie) but I struggled warming to your radio persona if that's the right word (and don't take that as an insult, we all have individual preference's) but you have done a great job with the interviews. Your guests really seem to open up and come off relaxed and provide some great stories. Not the same old stuff you get with normal interviews. And the variety of guests has been fantastic. I don't post much here but wanted to let you know I am a fan of your show.

Cheers

Honestly, I can barely stand to listen to myself 🙃. Thanks Stu, I’m glad Gorman went back to broadcasting. He has a gift for storytelling. 

Edited by Gambit83

• downzy unpinned this topic