Kurt Cobain hated Italians ?

oldnews

17 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Italian-Americans need to stop calling themselves Italian. They are just Americans. They stopped being Italian when their ancestors came to our shores. Just like all the other immigrants. 

I would bloody hate if I had to call myself only Australian and not Italo-Australian :lol:

I always say I am Norwegian-Norwegian, because otherwise people might be confused and I'd hate it if people thought I was Hungarian-Norwegian or Syrian-Norwegian or something like that. Thanks to my father's genealogy work I now now my ancestors many generations back were Norwegian, too, so to make this clear I have started saying I am Norwegian-Norwegian-Norwegian or Norwegian-Norwegian-Norwegian-Norwegian or even Norwegian-Norwegian-Norwegian-Norwegian-Norwegian, depending upon how much time I have.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I always say I am Norwegian-Norwegian, because otherwise people might be confused and I'd hate it if people thought I was Hungarian-Norwegian or Syrian-Norwegian or something like that. Thanks to my father's genealogy work I now now my ancestors many generations back were Norwegian, too, so to make this clear I have started saying I am Norwegian-Norwegian-Norwegian or Norwegian-Norwegian-Norwegian-Norwegian or even Norwegian-Norwegian-Norwegian-Norwegian-Norwegian, depending upon how much time I have.

Next on Radio South Africa, How Pure Was Your Grandpapa, hosted by Eddie Monsoon :lol:

On 3/6/2018 at 7:46 AM, SoulMonster said:

But he isn't, though, is he? He is an American claiming to be Italian.

I'm 100% Italian in terms of genealogy. I am also an Italian citizen.  Both my parents were born in Italy.  I was born in the United States so I am an American and an American Citizen...but with 100% Italian genes and Italian Citizenship.   So legally I am both American and Italian. 

So I don't "claim to be Italian"... I am Italian.  Wrong again Soul Monster....but nice try.  ;)

Edited by Kasanova King

5 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

I'm 100% Italian in terms of genealogy. I am also an Italian citizen.  Both my parents were born in Italy.  I was born in the United States so I am an American and an American Citizen...but with 100% Italian genes and Italian Citizenship.   So legally I am both American and Italian. 

So I don't "claim to be Italian"... I am Italian.  Wrong again Soul Monster....but nice try.  ;)

You have an Italian passport? 

20 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

But what about your wife and kids? Isn't she Sami? Or Sami-Norwegian? Does that count as Norwegian too? Or have you just tainted your pure Norwegian blood?

1 minute ago, Lio said:

But what about your wife and kids? Isn't she Sami? Or Sami-Norwegian? Does that count as Norwegian too? Or have you just tainted your pure Norwegian blood?

Yes, she is Sami. I tainted my pure Norwegian blood on purpose. After seeing all the inbreeding in my ancestor's valleys, I decided my family needed a bit of outside genes :lol:

Sami heritage is interesting. It is inherited in the maternal line. My wife's father is not Sami, but her mother is. So I suppose, genetically speaking, she is about 50 % Sami. Then, of course, if you go further back in generations it becomes more complex. I would say she is probably no more than 30-40 % genetically Sami. But again, the ethnicity is inherited fully from the maternal side, so she is 100 % Sami in that sense, can vote in the Sami parliament, etc. Culturally speaking, she isn't much more Sami than me, though :) She can't speak the language, she don't know the front from the back of a reindeer, she hasn't got the traditional clothes, and doesn't really practise anything Sami.

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Yes, she is Sami. I tainted my pure Norwegian blood on purpose. After seeing all the inbreeding in my ancestor's valleys, I decided my family needed a bit of outside genes :lol:

Sami heritage is interesting. It is inherited in the maternal line. My wife's father is not Sami, but her mother is. So I suppose, genetically speaking, she is about 50 % Sami. Then, of course, if you go further back in generations it becomes more complex. I would say she is probably no more than 30-40 % genetically Sami. But again, the ethnicity is inherited fully from the maternal side, so she is 100 % Sami in that sense, can vote in the Sami parliament, etc. Culturally speaking, she isn't much more Sami than me, though :) She can't speak the language, she don't know the front from the back of a reindeer, she hasn't got the traditional clothes, and doesn't really practise anything Sami.

Interesting. So your daughters are Sami ethnically too (as will your grandchildren). Maybe one day they will celebrate their Sami side and fight for Sami rights and oppose their oppressive purebred Norwegian father :lol: Could be exciting when puberty hits.

42 minutes ago, Lio said:

Interesting. So your daughters are Sami ethnically too (as will your grandchildren). Maybe one day they will celebrate their Sami side and fight for Sami rights and oppose their oppressive purebred Norwegian father :lol: Could be exciting when puberty hits.

:lol:

They can choose to be formally registered as Sami, so it is really up to them. 

1 hour ago, Lio said:

As Soulies publicist I'd just like to add we prefer the term 'thoroughbred', thank you.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Do you automatically get one or do you have to seek it out?

I had to go through the process of becoming an Italian citizen (and they love to make that annoying :lol:). As the son of an Italian I was eligible and could get one without any issue, but had to do all the paperwork. But then my brother is not officially an Italian citizen, although he could go through the process tomorrow if he wanted to.

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Do you automatically get one or do you have to seek it out?

The latter. You don't automatically get it. At least the people I know in that situation didn't. 

You should know :lol: Do you have dual citizenship?

18 minutes ago, Lio said:

The latter. You don't automatically get it. At least the people I know in that situation didn't. 

You should know :lol: Do you have dual citizenship?

I thought it might be a different story between Europe and South East Asia.  I do, yes but you kinda have to seek it out, they give you like this citizenship card.  I didn't go back for about 15 years so it was gonna expire but my old man kinda made a point of me renewing it, it means something to him, don't ask me why.  Prior to them coming up with this card shit it was something you had to like...see I dunno, I dunno how this shit works, when i was a baby you had to have like two passports.  But yeah, you have to apply for it...and maintain it. 

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

For some countries you (or your parents) just have to register in the country where your parents or one of your parents are from, and you immediately have dual nationality since birth.

This not is only with Italy , same is with Spain and Israel.