Kurt Cobain hated Italians ?

oldnews

7 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

You have an Italian passport? 

No, but I can get one, no problem.  As a matter of fact, I may get one this year so I don't have to wait in the longer lines when I travel to Italy just about every summer. 

3 hours ago, action said:

americans are just jealous italians get all the pussy. "Te amo, por favor" (wait, is that even italian?) and off she goes

lol

That's Spanish.

In Italian it would be 'Ti Amo, per favore'.  Although that doesn't make any sense.  It translates to 'I love you, please'.

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

No, but I can get one, no problem.  As a matter of fact, I may get one this year so I don't have to wait in the longer lines when I travel to Italy just about every summer. 

So you are not from Italy, and you are not an Italian citizen, yet you claim to be an Italian? Well, then you need to pass my test: 

After having yelled across the street for a few minutes, talking to five buddies on a vespa, you pass by a blond girl, and after whistling at her, do you attempt to high-five her boyfriend before going back to your house where you still live with your parents because you are unmarried and no one can cook like mama? 

Edited by SoulMonster

Just now, SoulMonster said:

So you are not from Italy, and you are not an Italian citizen, yet you claim to be an Italian? Well, then you need to pass my test: 

After having yelled across the street for a few minutes, talking to five buddies on a vespa, you pass by a blond girl, and after whistling at her, do you attempt to high-five her boyfriend before going back to your house where you still live your parents because you are unmarried and no one can cook like mama? 

Wrong.  I am an Italian citizen.  What part of that don't you understand?  I just voted in the past elections and I have an Italian fiscal code number and card.  I was even recruited to the Italian military when I turned 18 but was able to show I was enrolled in college so I didn't have to serve.

Just stop before you look worse than you already do.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

This not is only with Italy , same is with Spain and Israel.

I know, it's for a lot of countries.

11 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Wrong.  I am an Italian citizen.  What part of that don't you understand?  I just voted in the past elections and I have an Italian fiscal code number and card.  I was even recruited to the Italian military when I turned 18 but was able to show I was enrolled in college so I didn't have to serve.

But you were born and raised in America, right? You never lived in Italy? And just because your dad was born there, you're an Italian citizen as well.... makes sense!

26 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Just stop before you look worse than you already do.

In the spirit of peace and friendship, can we agree you are an Italian reserve? :lol:

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I know, it's for a lot of countries.

But you were born and raised in America, right? You never lived in Italy? And just because your dad was born there, you're an Italian citizen as well.... makes sense!

Yes, I was born and raised here, although my first language was actually Italian.  I had to learn English when I started Kindergarten.  Of course now, I speak English better than Italian but still fluent in Italian. 

And I 'sort of' lived in Italy. Spent about 3 months there just about every summer growing up...my family has a house there and I have about 3 dozen cousins, aunt's, uncles etc that live there.

If I had to guess, I've probably spent about 4-5 years of my life in Italy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Berlusconi?

No, I don't think so.  I had my Dad handle the voting since I know next to nothing about Italian politics....lol.  He said he voted for a party that would most benefit our situation....Italian citizens living in the U.S. as a primary residence. 

1 minute ago, Ratam said:

Sorry @Lioi be curious what means SAMI??

The people that live in the north of Norway, Sweden, Finland and Russia. We always used to call them Lapps or Laplanders, but they call themselves Sami. They've been treated very poorly apparently, like many indigenous people everywhere. Our resident Sami can correct me if I'm wrong. @AslatIE ? :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Lio said:

The people that live in the north of Norway, Sweden, Finland and Russia. We always used to call them Lapps or Laplanders, but they call themselves Sami. They've been treated very poorly apparently, like many indigenous people everywhere. Our resident Sami can correct me if I'm wrong. @AslatIE ? :)

It checks out.

One thing I need to say about Sámis, is that we're way too fucking short :lol: I'm going to see GNR in Oslo this summer, and I don't even know if I'll actually see them because it almost seems like every Norwegian is two heads taller than me :lol: 

16 minutes ago, Lio said:

Thanks@Lio for you explanation☺i now understand👍

41 minutes ago, Dazey said:

My daughter daughter was born here, holds joint UK/US citizenship and has both a UK and US passport. I wouldn’t consider her American though. 

If both you and your wife were born and raised in the US, you would. 

42 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

It checks out.

One thing I need to say about Sámis, is that we're way too fucking short :lol: I'm going to see GNR in Oslo this summer, and I don't even know if I'll actually see them because it almost seems like every Norwegian is two heads taller than me :lol: 

You can sit on my shoulders, buddy. 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

If both you and your wife were born and raised in the US, you would. 

Of course, no one in their right mind would want to acknowledge being American :lol:

Edit: That didn't make no sense. 

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

My daughter daughter was born here

Daughter daughter? You're a granddad? I am not shocked. 

Edited by SoulMonster

I should point out, just in case my plethora of Italio-American stereotype gags puts out the impression I'm Italianphobe much like Kurt, that Italy is basically my favourite country in the world. History and architecture (they rather have too much of the stuff!). Greatest food. Best looking women. Crazy people (they're nuts, aren't they, the Italians?). My top three regions of cinema (up there with the Japanese). Great music, founders of opera, Verdi, Puccini. Fashion also (I have an Italian style suit). I would say cars if I cared about cars but I do not give a toos - I heard they're decent at football also which I equally do not care about.

If you've never been to Italy I urge people to go. The best thing is to simply ''people watch'', watch the Italians being Italians. It is hilarious. Street theatre.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I should point out, just in case my plethora of Italio-American stereotype gags puts out the impression I'm Italianphobe much like Kurt, that Italy is basically my favourite country in the world. History and architecture (they rather have too much of the stuff!). Greatest food. Best looking women. Crazy people (they're nuts, aren't they, the Italians?). My top three regions of cinema (up there with the Japanese). Great music, founders of opera, Verdi, Puccini. Fashion also (I have an Italian style suit). I would say cars if I cared about cars but I do not give a toos - I heard they're decent at football also which I equally do not care about.

If you've never been to Italy I urge people to go. The best thing is to simply ''people watch'', watch the Italians being Italians. It is hilarious. Street theatre.

My favorite tourist destination, hands down. Italy -- served in small doses -- is fantastic. The people, the food, the history, the architecture. Just heaven.

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

And I should also point out, just in case it didn't translate, that I was also making fun of my own Canadian stereotype. 

#i'llbeinmyigloo :unsure: