Guns N' Roses first ever radio interview

On 07/07/2018 at 8:23 PM, Nikki_Sixx said:

I was talking about this quote above.

That seems impossible to me.  There must have been a falling out between Slash, Steven, Axl and Darrow, and then only months later Slash auditons for Poison.

Right ?

Isn’t that in slash’s book. That axl fucked his girlfriend or something and they fell out briefly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Bumping this thread on the off-chance anyone knows if the snippets of the songs are available anywhere (i.e. the songs isolated away from the interview)?

Doubtful. I don't think anyone ever heard it until it was posted on YT. It's truly a gem of early GN'R history.

6 hours ago, 31illusions said:

Doubtful. I don't think anyone ever heard it until it was posted on YT. It's truly a gem of early GN'R history.

Yeah - I know there are some ‘technical whizzes’ around who can create their own stuff/audio from videos like youtube etc. Just wondered if it had been done! 👍

• 4 months later...
48 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Article in L.A. Weekly, March 22, 1985 (Friday), mentioning the formation of the band, the upcoming show at the Troubadour (March 26) and the radio interview, which would be on Sunday, so March 24:

1985_013.jpg

"smelted down"😄  I wonder if that interview was done live between 3 and 6 am or was taped and played at that time.

6 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Completely missed that this happened and would love to hear it. If it's not re-upped somewhere did anyone rip it off youtube?.. 

Raz debuted it on my show along with guest Rob Gardner. It's at right at the beginning.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/theafdshow/ep-50-rob-gardner-original-drummer-of-gu

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...