Our Interview with Teddy "Zig-Zag" Andreadis!

5 minutes ago, soon said:

"Tom Hitchcock" lol!  Tom Cochrane he meant.

Also, I believe the track he was trying to bring to mind from 5 O'clock is Neither Can I.

Carole King paid more than GNR?  Apparently Axl's always been cheap.  Musta been a kick in the pants to be coerced to play host at the expensive after parties in light of that.

Great interview!

yeah my buddy Geoff thinks the hired hands get paid 5 figures a show i laughed and said morel ike $50K for the full year if that. 

2 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

yeah my buddy Geoff thinks the hired hands get paid 5 figures a show i laughed and said morel ike $50K for the full year if that. 

Im sure you're much closer to the figure.  I wonder if thats plus or minus any expenses, too?

3 minutes ago, soon said:

Im sure you're much closer to the figure.  I wonder if thats plus or minus any expenses, too?

i figure even if there pay is low they get lots of expenses covered just like Craig Duswalt said. He said they have meal expenses, plus per diem so when you factor those in it probably works out pretty well. 

• Like 1

Maybe they get a monthly salary and a bonus for every show, plus the expenses.

Probably they don't make as much as they would if they got a good 5 figure paycheck for each show, but not as little as 50.000 per year.

Also it's likely that they aren't paid the same (maybe Melissa gets less that Fortus, for example).

On 13/03/2018 at 1:37 AM, sidman69 said:

Yeah he still is close with Slash, Gilby and Matt. Duff I am not sure how often he sees him and Axl he hasn't seen since 1993 when he left the band. Teddy plays on Gilby's upcoming solo record. He also recently saw Roberta he said as well. 

haha no, but i would love to interview them. Both of hte people we interviewed knew GNR and hung out with them back in the early days and Appetite days. We've got a big interview at the end of the month with someone who may give us a 3 hour plus interview. i've already written up 100 questions for this guest. 

Thanks. Yeah it is pretty incredible and i'm hoping we can secure some good interviews in the future. We're always working away at it behind the scenes. 

In terms of teddy still  talking to slash, duff and matt seems the whole band minus axl,  had a special camaraderie and friendship on the illusions tour.

Edited by Sydney Fan

7 hours ago, sidman69 said:

They got paid 5 figures per show in the new GN'R years. They get at least that or more now. Bucket was pulling in 11 grand a show, for example.

Edited by Tonto

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought that Teddy played live with the early incarnation of Snakepit 2 as well?

I had an mp3 if an early live recording of Back to the Moment (which was originally titled Break You), and Teddy played a really nice piano intro on that. 

Got that from Snakepit.org back in the day when that was the place to go for all Slash news

And yeah, what a really great interview, some really great stories there, and he seems like such a likeable guy

15 hours ago, sidman69 said:

i figure even if there pay is low they get lots of expenses covered just like Craig Duswalt said. He said they have meal expenses, plus per diem so when you factor those in it probably works out pretty well. 

15 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Maybe they get a monthly salary and a bonus for every show, plus the expenses.

Probably they don't make as much as they would if they got a good 5 figure paycheck for each show, but not as little as 50.000 per year.

Also it's likely that they aren't paid the same (maybe Melissa gets less that Fortus, for example).

Definitely think your both correct.  But its nagging at me that King paid Teddy more with less means.  I wonder about expenses like the instruments - are they his?  Did they pay wear and tare?  Did they cover the insurance for his gear? And then lesser things like closthing/styling, physio therapy?

7 hours ago, Tonto said:

They got paid 5 figures per show in the new GN'R years. They get at least that or more now. Bucket was pulling in 11 grand a show, for example.

Early NuGNR set some of those guys up with their lives nest eggs - just cash flying at everyone.  But later NuGNR they were being paid in IOU's if Pitmans law suit was any indication.

• Like 1

would've liked to hear more about his contribution to the Live Era album, did he contribute anything other than what was taken from the live shows and what did he make of that album being so heavily mixed and seemingly re-recorded in many key parts i.e. vocals

Edited by dtjmf13

One of the best interviews  u cats have ever done - Teddy is a cool cat - Great stories and insight , his story about the cameras following them everywhere on the illusions tour , AXL releae the vault - Teddy said every where - Slash mentioned in his book a  blues jam that he and Izzy were filmed backstage doing , this would be the essential all time gift for the day 1 fans 

• Like 1