06/03/18 - Berlin, Germany - Olympiastadion

downzy

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

Well, you can't help getting sick, not sure what you expect him to do if he really was sick.

BUT as @RussTCB said above, if he didn't have a habit of being woefully underprepared for the first show of a tour then maybe fans and keyboard warriors such as ourselves would cut him a bit of slack. I'm sceptical that he was sick at all, he just doesn't bother to practise in his down time and he keeps coming back worse than ever. This performance makes Rock In Rio 2011 look okay. The older her gets, the worse its going to be if he doesn't practise. I take singing lessons myself and if I go two weeks without singing sometimes I can try and sing something and it just ain't working. My throat closes up and it sounds forced and constricted. If I practise 4-5 a week I sound fine and hit the notes with ease. It isn't rocket science, the vocal folds are a muscle and if you don't use it, you lose it.

Just a reminder of how TIL sounded in 2010. I've seen so many ropey performances from Axl of this song now, I've started to dread watching it. I checked this out earlier just to remind myself of what it sounded like when he put in the effort. Compare this to any TIL from 2014-2018 and it's like night and day:

The problem with trotting out 2010 videos for comparison is that even on his best days Axl doesn't even try to sing these songs like that anymore and he hasn't for a long time. With very few exceptions in 2016, he doesn't rasp his way through these songs like in 2010. He approaches them completely differently. Which is why if I want to hear a live CITR I only listen to Toronto 2010. Pure power. 

7 hours ago, Padme said:

I don't understand. There were not technical problems the day before the show.  The reason for sound checks is to fix possible tecnical problems. Even during the show, if there were problems, technitians job is to fix them rather quickly 

Well they didn't and I don't know why but there were technical difficulties from basically the start of the show and some people left just 6 songs in. Unacceptable. 

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

I really have to ask the question, whats takos background and how does she afford to tour with the band. Is she a trust fund kid but then she looks close to 40-45 of age......thought she maybe a poster here....not bagging her as if i coukd id like to tour with the band taking their pictures to.

We all ask ourselves that every show.

She made a fortune in her career (don't remember specifically what it was that she did) and so she basically travels the world going to shows. She's not employed by the band or anything though.

11 hours ago, ludurigan said:

LAST WEEK

axl: hey slash, tour is about to start

slash: yeah ax

axl: you know, i wanted to talk to you about something

slash: yeah

axl: i know how much you like playing coma and...

slash interrupts

slash: fuck man, don't start this shit again. we have agreed 2 fucking years ago that we would play coma every single show...

axl: yes, yes, yes, i know that slash my brother. i know how much you like playing that song... but you know what man... it makes me miserable singing that shit. i cant stand doing that anymore

slash: oh man you gave me your fucking word

axl: yeah i know, i know. but hey... if you agree to stop playing it on this tour...

slash: fuck no, man!

axl: hey, no, please, please just listen to me... if you agree to stop playing coma on this tour then i want to give you something else... you know, a... huh... a compensation

slash doesnt say anything

axl: whats the name again of that song that you told my lawyers that you wanted to play?

slash: locomotive!

axl: no, no, the other one

slash: dont damn me! i can trade coma for dont damn me! lets do it man, it will be awesome

axl: no, no, no, i mean the other song... that song that you did with duff

slash: you mean... huh... slither? the velvet revolver song?

axl: yeah, yeah, that one

slash: oh man...

axl: what?

slash: i dont even like it that much

axl: no?

slash: i would much rather play locomotive

axl: no chance man

slash: dont damn me then?

axl: thats a no

slash: so...huh... you wanna do slither?

axl: no, no, i actually dont wanna do it. but i hate doing coma so much that i can trade coma for that song

slash: oh shit... ok man... but then you... but then you have to give me something else

axl: oh, ok, just name it, anything to never play coma again in this lifetime

slash: you know man, i dont wanna play those songs from your album

axl: which ones?

slash: i dont wanna play any of them man! You know that very well. i told you a million times! i just agreed to play those things so you would do this fake reunion and we can all get the fucking loot...

axl: yeah, you are right, i remember you made it very clear several times from day one

slash: yeah, and i was nice enough to learn them all so we can do this shit.

axl: yeah, thanks for that, i really love those songs

slash: yeah i know... so, ok... lets add slither and remove all those songs from the setlist

axl: all of them? oh slash my brother come on please just let me keep four songs on the set?

slash: three. no more than that. and make that two rockers and just one ballad, ok?

axl: oh fuck... ok, we have a deal! i knew we could get a happy middle ground on this!

Very funny i had to smile a lot 😁

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, lukigol said:

becouse he knows that he fucked up that gig the next one probably will be the best on tour, thats my guess

I'd love to see Axl come out at Download Festival firing on all cylinders. Especially because the Donington Park crowd is a tough crowd to please!

I just don't want to have to read a years' worth of bitching on the Download Facebook group.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

I'd love to see Axl come out at Download Festival firing on all cylinders. Especially because the Donington Park crowd is a tough crowd to please!

I just don't want to have to read a years' worth of bitching on the Download Facebook group.

Download Fest is next...? Oh, Axl doesnt like festivals...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Did you see the crowd in Germany?  There were shots of entire sections sitting with either their arms crossed or looking at their phones..  It looks like the excitement of the "reunion" is wearing off and the band will actually have to rely on their actual performance.. They didn't win anyone over with that yesterday.. Hope they figure shit out.