06/03/18 - Berlin, Germany - Olympiastadion

downzy

Just listened to Slither on YouTube and don't think it was half as bad as has been repeatedly stated here.   I actually like the approach Axl took, and if he could ever sing the chorus at the same register, but with his unique signature rasp, it would really sound awesome.  I don't like to give him a hard time though, because I don't know how anyone can sing like that long term without destroying your voice.  I think Slither has potential and hope they keep playing it.  And as others have said, I appreciate the reciprocity involved in playing the song to begin with.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stiff Competition said:

Grammy winning, world touring, double-platinum-album-producing bands aren't exactly what you would call a side project.

Honestly, I think everyone on here knew what I meant.  But please, continue to analyze every word of my comment.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, ArvydaS said:

It was bad experience to hear GNR in Berlin yesterday as I was in Gdansk in June 2017. They played very good and Axl vocals were decent. What happened in Berlin exactly? Axl vocals were bad and they cut setlist. I'm going to Tallinn. Hope to see better gig.  

concert in Gdańsk was good. I hope Chorzów will be good.  but Im worried

Renee Pörschke Awful sound, never been on a concert with such bad acoustics. Waste of money. Many people left earlier and were very disappointed

Hendrik Meyer Worst sound I ever heard on a live show - and I have seen a lot. Very very disappointed!! This was very unprofessional!!

Hendrik Schmahl I am very disappointed. Never come back to Berlin with such a sound. You shouldn't go 2 anywhere like this. I thought it would be something special. It has been. The ever worthless concert I habe been! You shouldn't save money by cheapest sound systems ever heard at Berlins great Olympiastadion. If there might be a next time, let me know and please state it. Otherwise, I am spending 100 Euro for something more funny!

Moritz Becker The sound was the worst I have ever heard on a live show!!! Some of the songs I could barely identify and I've been listening to Guns N'Roses a lot!! Also I have been looking forward to see AND LISTEN to Guns N'Roses live for years! So thanks for ruining that (had to leave after 45 min. to protect my ears from long term damage). I already wrote to the organizer "live nation" so I get my money back. Hopefully many more do the same!

Ivana Platilová We went from Prague to Berlin to see GnR and I must say it was probably our worst concert ever. We are very disappointed and upset. As most of the people have mentioned, the sound was really terrible and show and band performance was poor in comparison with last year. So we are leaving very sad 1f615.png😕

There are MANY more posts like that.......

• Like 1

That Slither is not bad. I have complicated feelings about Axl's performance, but the band powered through what was clearly a rough show for them.  Horrible sound, rough voice, unfilled stadium, vaguely interested audience-not the kind of show you want to open a leg of the tour with. Hopefully they shake it off.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Renee Pörschke Awful sound, never been on a concert with such bad acoustics. Waste of money. Many people left earlier and were very disappointed

Hendrik Meyer Worst sound I ever heard on a live show - and I have seen a lot. Very very disappointed!! This was very unprofessional!!

Hendrik Schmahl I am very disappointed. Never come back to Berlin with such a sound. You shouldn't go 2 anywhere like this. I thought it would be something special. It has been. The ever worthless concert I habe been! You shouldn't save money by cheapest sound systems ever heard at Berlins great Olympiastadion. If there might be a next time, let me know and please state it. Otherwise, I am spending 100 Euro for something more funny!

Moritz Becker The sound was the worst I have ever heard on a live show!!! Some of the songs I could barely identify and I've been listening to Guns N'Roses a lot!! Also I have been looking forward to see AND LISTEN to Guns N'Roses live for years! So thanks for ruining that (had to leave after 45 min. to protect my ears from long term damage). I already wrote to the organizer "live nation" so I get my money back. Hopefully many more do the same!

Ivana Platilová We went from Prague to Berlin to see GnR and I must say it was probably our worst concert ever. We are very disappointed and upset. As most of the people have mentioned, the sound was really terrible and show and band performance was poor in comparison with last year. So we are leaving very sad 1f615.png😕

There are MANY more posts like that.......

Yes, i read this in GNR FB 👍

Anyone remembering RIR 2011? That yellow raincoat Performance or bridge school? No need to worry about yesterday, which got nothing for him. He will improve with every Show on this leg. Relax people. It could have been worse. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Towelie said:

Axl is singing Slither in a different key... is it higher or lower?

Why add this song? It's GNR not VR. Come on GNR should sing GNR songs and the covers they made theirs. Singing other songs because Slash and Duff did VR is stupid.

Did Axl hurt himself again? Once you've broken a bone, it's always going to be sensitive, so Axl better take it easy.

It's a GNR show, sit back and enjoy it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

Anyone remembering RIR 2011? That yellow raincoat Performance or bridge school? No need to worry about yesterday, which got nothing for him. He will improve with every Show on this leg. Relax people. It could have been worse. 

If you name is @ZODIAC i trust he will improve ,the ZODIAC know the "future" 🌞

3 minutes ago, Mary Cochrane said:

Who said what? 

DIESEL DAISY ☺

7 minutes ago, Politania said:

:hug:thank you

Also going to Chorzów. Gdańsk was perfect from the barriers, maybe slash was a little too loud cause i was feeling like my head was going to blow up  during november rain solo ; P Anyway if we get same Axl as last year in Gdansk but other songs / usa leg set i will be more then happy

Edited by Kranich

17 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Why add this song? It's GNR not VR. Come on GNR should sing GNR songs and the covers they made theirs. Singing other songs because Slash and Duff did VR is stupid.

Did Axl hurt himself again? Once you've broken a bone, it's always going to be sensitive, so Axl better take it easy.

It's a GNR show, sit back and enjoy it.

They, or Axl, must really not like the UYI deep tracks much. ButGNR have always been a band that's big on covers, so might aswell cover songs that they were involved with atleast. For me we have just entered alternate reality with that song being played. Next stop: Beggars & Hangers On

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

Knock yourself out if you want to. I already know that tickets are  expensive. Ticket prices for any artist should be  at most $75. Not over $100. 

Imagine how nice ticket prices may be if things like limewire and Napster weren’t created

19 minutes ago, Kranich said:

Also going to Chorzów. Gdańsk was perfect from the barriers, maybe slash was a little too loud cause i was feeling like my head was going to blow up  during november rain solo ; P Anyway if we get same Axl as last year in Gdansk but other songs / usa leg set i will be more then happy

GREAT😊 where are you from?