06/03/18 - Berlin, Germany - Olympiastadion

downzy

12 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

I think when Axl feels better he should get rid of the mic stand for Slither. It's a very "kick ass" song and I can imagine him running from one end of the stage to the other during the verses, standing still for the chorus. He "under-performed" it IMHO.

But I'm not complaining about him. Something went seriously wrong and I can understand the way he was performing. I'm sure he'll get better during the next concerts.

If not, we might get a bit of '91 Axl with him storming off stage. But this time because he's pissed at himself lol

I think you're onto something there.  Maybe Axl should do like a Houston Astros pitcher did recently and punch himself in the face.

Edited by lame ass security

Just re-listened to the Boston ’16 show that I went to.  Axl sounds pretty damn good in that show for any era of this band, but listening to that made me think of this comparison:

Axl greatness in ’93 to Axl weakness in 2001 is the equivalent to Axl goodness in ’16 to Axl shittiness in ’18 (guess you could say the same about ’10 vs ’12).  Point is, Axl sounded like a god in ’16 compared to the show from yesterday.

• Like 1

This is turning into tragedy. I feel bad for Axl. This issue can no longer be ignored. It's getting really embarassing. And it's not just this show. I know some shows were decent but Mickey is all over the place. All the time. And you can hear it live too, no doubt about it. 

It's time to put up or shut up. But he won't because he lives in a bubble. The most dangerous band in the world is now a family business run by a few Brazilians. Self proclaimed managers and assistants. And they're just milking the cash cow.

The clock is ticking. Duff and Slash probably know it and they're making the most of it. Axl too. Integrity is gone, any sense of real band is gone. Shows are a mess vocally...

I get bummed just thinking about it. 

I'd take 2010 GNR with Ashba over this any day. The power he had on that tour was mindblowing. 

Edited by Sisyphus
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I was there, the show rocked and had a blast! 

Slither was such a pleasant surprise. Didn't even notice these technical difficulties. Wichita Lineman should have gotten the same treatment as the boring Black Hole Sun and be left in 2017. 

The set length is perfect, if only they can give it some rotation (GN'R songs preferably).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, slammerjam said:

Someone I know went yesterday and got the set list from the sound guy:

du37yotq5rpfwjv66.jpg

So the length doesn't seem as planned.

Hmm... Oh My God is still on there. I'd love to hear the band take a swing at that when Axl's having a good night. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, killuridols said:

You back to normal?! :wow:

I was never much of an over analyzer of Rose's vocals to be honest. It isn't opera, is it? He is just some 1980s rock singer who sings worse than he did in the 1980s. He wouldn't be the first hair rocker to lose his voice. Paul Stanley lost his voice in the 1990s. Vince Neil arguably never possessed a voice in the first place with which to lose! None of these singers are opera singers - it does not really mean anything.

But then I wouldn't be somebody paying x amounts of cash to be there in the first place!

His defenders though do not even concede the poor chap a ''bad day at the office''. Even Rose is being self-deprecating enough (''I suck'') here. 

In the old days, the show would have been cancelled or Axl would've walked off the stage mid-show, as it had happened a few times when he had vocal problems or there were technical issues. And he would fire the sound guy. That's why, according to Craig Duswalt, in the UYI tour there were 3-4 sound guys on rotation, who were fired and re-hired. :lol:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, slammerjam said:

Someone I know went yesterday and got the set list from the sound guy:

du37yotq5rpfwjv66.jpg

So the length doesn't seem as planned.

Wait... what?? Oh My God is on the list!! Oh My Freaking God!! Don't tell me they're gonna re-record the song...:shocked: