06/06/18 - Odense, Denmark - Dyrskuepladsen

downzy

If either the sound or Axl aren't right tonight we might see Axl kicking off. Tbh that may give the tour a bit of edge because at the minute the tour is becoming rather predictable. Everyone knows the set list, they come on & leave on time. It's too clinical the tour needs a bit of edge a bit of uncertainty. At one time Guns were called "the most dangerous band in the world" At the moment they risk being called "the most punctual & clinical band in the world" I say bring back the edginess what do you guys think ?

3 minutes ago, AFD5 said:

If either the sound or Axl aren't right tonight we might see Axl kicking off. Tbh that may give the tour a bit of edge because at the minute the tour is becoming rather predictable. Everyone knows the set list, they come on & leave on time. It's too clinical the tour needs a bit of edge a bit of uncertainty. At one time Guns were called "the most dangerous band in the world" At the moment they risk being called "the most punctual & clinical band in the world" I say bring back the edginess what do you guys think ?

Except that attitude looks entirely unprofessional in this day and age.....

• Like 1

Axl's vocals sounded like he had a cold/sore throat in Berlin, like at the Bridge School Benefit concert. That combined with not being able to hear himself properly/shouting to try and hear himself contributed to the over distortion resulting in cracks/dropping high notes. If he still has a cold he won't be much better tonight. But hopefully by Download cold/throat problems will have gone and he will be on top form again with something to prove. That's the kindest interpretation. The worst is that he either hasn't rehearsed for a while so his vocal muscles aren't used to hitting those high notes any more or he has worn his voice out with the epic power vocals he used in AC/DC and needs a good rest. I hope it's just a cold and that tonight he will kick ass! Either way, GNR songs are some of the hardest songs to sing ever. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AFD5 said:

If you'd seen the band when I seen them you'd understand 

Man, this argument is getting old. Perhaps there should be a 87-93 subforum where you could comment on those performances only. Everyone has seen what they're capable of during that period of time. I'd go further and say most of us are here, because of that. It's 2018, people change, drives change, voices change and attitudes change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, AFD5 said:

If you'd seen the band when I seen them you'd understand 

Axl is certainly a shadow (at least vocally), but Slash is certainly not. If Axl does have another bad one, alot will depend on the slash factor for sure.

Anyway tonight we just need to see some form of improvement, even if it is just Axl making it through the night without another vocal disintegration like at Berlin. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kranich said:

Axl is absent from the soundcheck according to GNR IG story, so I would not count for any improvement. Shame that he doesn't give a flying fuq and still refuses to rehearse : /

Maybe he really has a condition regarding his voice/throat and it is best to give it as much rest as possible. At this point we don't really know, so its really cheap and easy give someone crap like this when we don't know jack shit why he wasnt there.

• Like 3