06/06/18 - Odense, Denmark - Dyrskuepladsen

downzy

Maybe an off topic one, but deep in their heart aren't they (specially Axl) get bored playing almost the same setlists for years? Like I mean this band hardly have only 4 albums of original material and out of those tracks 70% is from AFD.

Not to mention amount of fixed cover songs like LALD, KOHD, Seeker, Attitude/New Rose, Black hole sun, Wichita, Wish you were here, Godfather theme, Layla and so on...

No doubt AFD is the greatest album of all time n shit but can you ever imagine Metallica to keep playing a setlist with 80% of content from Master of Puppets or Black for the past 30+ years of touring?

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

''Shadow'' sounded good and ''Slither'' sounded excellent (although I didn't think it was that bad at Berlin) - Rose sings a higher octave over Duff's backing which is a nice change up. 

I can get past that part, but the part I don't like is after the solo. I always imagined Axl AFDing the fuck outta that part, like Out ta get me or something. 

Much better tonight, shadow sounded good. Didn't hear anything else yet though.

• Like 1

Well, Slash appears to be in peak form. Damn, he is on fire.

4 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I can get past that part, but the part I don't like is after the solo. I always imagined Axl AFDing the fuck outta that part, like Out ta get me or something. 

Much better tonight, shadow sounded good. Didn't hear anything else yet though.

What pisses me off is he sings SOYL with all this venom and rasp and we get non of that on Slither.  Slither would sound awesome with some kick ass ballsy vocals.

Personally, anything I've listened to hasn't sounded good to me. Not just Axl, who's voice, when he isn't in his lower register or screaming, sounds pretty weak and pathetic, imo. Also not a fan of SOYL as a song, I'd much prefer to have heard MTTC or Reckless Life. SMKC's Slither is also a far better attempt, and the one positive for me is that they're coming back soon😎

3 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Let's be honest, during the entirety of this tour, whoever would of bet on us seeing a "Hollywood Rose" cover in the set?  :P

Absolutely, Shadow has always been one of my favourites as I love their early era of fast as fuck punk type songs. But if you'd asked me a few months ago the chances of it being played on this tour, I would have said oh man at least 100/1 or something.. but this band always manages to surprise us even when we think they've become predictable!

I enjoyed SOYL start to finish.  Axl's delicate high voice a la Slither chorus is tough to enjoy though.  I feel like Axl's high vocals on ITW are disliked by many, but I think he would sound awesome if he could at least get back to that.

7 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Wow, I had really low expectations for Axl on Shadow Of Your Love, but that was actually about as good as I could've imagined 2016-17 Axl sounding on it. The verse and chorus after the solo were really good.

Hope he nails the whole song at Download !

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2