06/06/18 - Odense, Denmark - Dyrskuepladsen

downzy

2 hours ago, vloors said:

Raspy as fuck

Yet, Axls voice Is gone, he Is the worst he has been since the 2002 VMA'S, he Is using technical difficulties as an excuse, he is unprepared, he should dress differently, he should maintain a certain weight, he is out of shape and the tour Is in trouble.

Meanwhile he  ran all over the stage for thee hours and managed to give a decent performance. I bet those people with there hands In the air at the end of the song had a terrible time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Tucknroll said:

I know they have fans all over the globe but I could never enjoy a band that doesn't speak the same language as myself.  Is that wrong?

No it's not wrong. I think there's people like you in every county. I know people in Finland ( my country) who only listen to  finnish music.

Personally I think people miss out on a lot of great music if they can't enjoy music in different languages. But everone's of course free to enjoy what ever they enjoy.

• Like 1

So, general consensus is that its way better than Berlin and the band, the tour, and Axl are saved, and we might achieve world peace through this show? Or is it just when its a bad show that it appears that the world has come to an end?

Happy with the setlist, although fewer covers wouldn't be band. Performance seems to be much better and acceptable now.

• Like 1

Just noticed that Axl at the end of both verses did not screamed until the Slash's solo as he usually does, making a small pause. Seems he still struggles a bit. However, he nailed the third-fourth line in both verses masterfully. Not enough rasp though, but he did it without a pause after "as a years go by" what reminds me of sweet childhood memories of 90s.  

14 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

this axl performance is at least 18 million times better less horrible than the first performance in Berlin

it looks someone gave axl a 100ml shot of adrenaline right into his heart and that took him out of his zombie-like stupor from the previous performance

BUT, despite that huge improvement, the horrendous high (mickey, whatever) voice in the chorus really doesnt work

AND despite the fact that the vocals on the last verse are also much better less worse than on the first performance, it still seems off-key or "out of the song" (or something i cant properly articulate)

just read a lot of comments on this thread and it seems like everyone is expecting even better performances for the next shows

i really don't think there is any more room for improvement -- this performance is basically what axl has been giving since the GNA tour started

i dont see any room for improvement unless 1) axl decides to remove the high voice from the chorus and sing it fucking properly or 2) axl gets drunk or high or whatever and decides to go crazy on the song, singing it like axl would sing it

Edited by ludurigan

13 hours ago, koldweather said:

I mean his approach was almost identical to 86/87 in that video just now, and considering it is 2018, that was actually really quite impressivly close, especially considering what was dished up on Sunday!

you have to be completely out of your mind to say that axl's approach on shadow of your love "was almost identical to 86/87"

i am not sure if you have no idea about how axl "approached" singing and performing in 1986-87 or if you just lost your mind!

Shadow of Your Love 1986

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

you have to be completely out of your mind to say that axl's approach on shadow of your love "was almost identical to 86/87"

i am not sure if you have no idea about how axl "approached" singing and performing in 1986-87 or if you just lost your mind!

Shadow of Your Love 1986

Dude I listened to that song on repeat many times before that post. The approach was the same, same inflection. Of course his vocals were definitely rougher round the edges in 86 and his voice has less depth to it nowdays.

Love the video, though from a technical standpoint Axl hit the notes better yesterday than that 86 version you linked. My fave is from the Marquee for sure!

If anyone is stupid enough to call this shadow from yesterday mickey then I think the straight jackets must be closing in...

Edited by koldweather

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

Shadow of Your Love 1986

It wasn't identical but very close according to it was 31 years ago

• Like 1