06/06/18 - Odense, Denmark - Dyrskuepladsen

downzy

55 minutes ago, NicoRourke said:

If they play OMG I'm gonna die of joy.

Have they ever soundchecked it?

I think it was soundchecked at rock in Rio 2011 or around that time last I heard.

It will have been rehearsed if it's on the setlist... I just don't see the point. It's not a good song and it wasn't a hit. 

People are only facinated by it because it's rare and unheard, rather than an actual credible song. It's garbage.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NicoRourke said:

If they play OMG I'm gonna die of joy.

Have they ever soundchecked it?

Maybe one day...nothing seems to be off the table and even if we say "that won't happen" on here...somehow (often years down the line mind) it happens!
If the tour continues to swing on more legs, it seems they try and add at least something new each leg, so more chance of hearing it...
I believe it's been soundchecled at least once.

52 minutes ago, Alexmee239 said:

According to this , they've skipped 3 songs from the main setlist (Yesterdays , UTLH and OTGM/ My Michelle)

You could argue they replaced 2 of them with shadow and slither.

Either way, it looks like that's the generic tour setlist, rather than a specific one for each show and it'll depend on the band at the time if they want to extend.

What's up with this crap about 'Axl sang better than in Berlin, so fuck all you haters/complainers' ???

So because he sounded less awful than in Berlin, suddenly everything is okay ?

'Shadow Of Your Love' sounded better than expected, it even sounded good for someone his age, but if you really believe it sounded like '86 Axl, you have a serious hearing/mental disorder..

• Like 2

Wow, watched a couple clips and this was a great show!  Axl sang great from what I watched and gave off great energy, which everyone feeds off of.  I am so impressed with Shadow of Your Love, timing issues and all.  I really didn't believe they would ever attempt it or treat it as a "new single", but I'm glad they did and hope it is not a novelty!  Slash looked like his younger self playing it as well.  I know he doesn't change much, but he reminded me of watching 80s clips.  Awesome show and way to go Axl!  

Oh, and I loved this Slither.  Seems like people either love or hate Axl's higher voice in the chorus - I love it.   I can see how it would seem out of place if you really loved Scott.  I always thought he had a great voice, but I was never a big fan. Can't even say why.

11 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

'Shadow Of Your Love' sounded better than expected, it even sounded good for someone his age, but if you really believe it sounded like '86 Axl, you have a serious hearing/mental disorder..

It was technically BETTER than the 86 performances of Shadow, where Axl kinda struggled a little with the notes and how to sing it (often taking the adjusted lower option), yesterday Axl more or less nailed the studio version, and it still had a good attack and intonation as well. The thing it was lacking compared to 86 is some of the depth he had in the voice in 86, but he made up for it by actually singing the notes correctly and still had reasonable rasp for most of the song. 

Marquee is better then those 86 shows anyway for this song and the way it was sang anyway, thats the best one to compare and contrast.

Edited by koldweather

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

What "miserable lot"? The people who said Axl sounded terrible at the last show because he did? If so, I guess you have to lump Axl into the miserable lot due to what he said about himself at that show.

I've seen many comment of the likes of "he's done", "his voice is shot", "it's over". As have been said many times before, only for him to redeem himself.

I only watched shadow of your love now.And i dont like it to be honest.

Axl sound like he was trying too much to hit the notes,and lost the time i believe.

Dead Crowd did not help,but i don't blame them.

Hope will get bettter in the next shows

17 hours ago, Tucknroll said:

I know they have fans all over the globe but I could never enjoy a band that doesn't speak the same language as myself.  Is that wrong?

Well the difference is that the music you were raised on and your native language matches. Here in Germany for example I would say at least 90% of the music people listen to is in English as well! Many German bands for example sing in English, not necessarily to be successful internationally, but they find it weird to sing in German, don't like German music, whatever. But also, given the success of Rammstein for example, it can't be too weird for the rest of the word to listen to German music. :P

43 minutes ago, Setzer said:

I captured Shadow of Your Love as well :)

At least it looks like Axl is enjoying himself and he's still having fun. He brings rasp.

Whereas the rest of the band are dead inside it's shocking. Is it because Paul Tobias wrote the song?

39 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

This is the best audio of it so far! Axl needs to add just a touch more grit and slow down the beginning and it will be brilliant moment in the set

Thanks! :) I actually think I failed on the audio front, because I shielded the microphone with my hand so it wouldn' get blasted by the bass/drums, but I don't think it was necessary where I was standing. Oh well, better safe than sorry :lol:
Intro + It's So Easy is uploading at the moment.
I hope someone was there and recorded the full show in audio.

31 minutes ago, slammerjam said:

Well the difference is that the music you were raised on and your native language matches. Here in Germany for example I would say at least 90% of the music people listen to is in English as well! Many German bands for example sing in English, not necessarily to be successful internationally, but they find it weird to sing in German, don't like German music, whatever. But also, given the success of Rammstein for example, it can't be too weird for the rest of the word to listen to German music. :P

And SCORPIONS too😆

RE: Crowd comments
honestly Guns need to announce that fucking UK arena swing already...then you'll get some nutty crowds! Shows that 95% take place in the light do suffer, absolutely...
no matter how on fire you are, it's not the same atmosphere. 

Edited by colonizedmind