06/09/18 - Derby, UK - Donington Park Circuit (Download Festival)

downzy

giphy (1).gif

June 9, 2018

Derby, UK

Donington Park Circuit (Download Festival)

Setlist:

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome to the Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live and Let Die
Slither
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory/Attitude 
This I Love
Shadow of Your Love
Civil War
Slash - Johnny B. Goode/Godfather Theme
Sweet Child O' Mine
Coma
Wichita Lineman
Slash & 4tus - Wish You Were Here
Layla/November Rain
Black Hole Sun
Only Woman Bleed/Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Nightrain

ENCORE

Jam/Patience
The Seeker
Paradise City

DL_2018_1000px_MASTER_3974_FINAL2.1.png

• Like 2

• downzy changed the title to 6/09/18 - Derby, UK - Donington Park Circuit (Download Festival)
16 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

Anybody know if this will be pro shot?

Download isnt really known for recording full sets right? As opposed to Rock am Ring for example, where everything is taped in HD as basically the whole festival is being broadcast on national TV there.

20 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I read on the Download Festival forum that some headliners have started demanding that none of their set is shown on TV.

Correct - 2016 had absolutely no Black Sabbath live footage at all, which is pretty fortuitous as they were awful.

Would be amazed if there are *NO* GN'R songs though, most headliners have 3-4 to be shown.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Correct - 2016 had absolutely no Black Sabbath live footage at all, which is pretty fortuitous as they were awful.

Would be amazed if there are *NO* GN'R songs though, most headliners have 3-4 to be shown.

I wonder if Ozzy is going to let them show some of his set this year, or Sharon will demand for them not to.

I Hope not, if Axl hears about it, he might ask for the same :lol:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I wonder if Ozzy is going to let them show some of his set this year, or Sharon will demand for them not to.

I Hope not, if Axl hears about it, he might ask for the same :lol:

I think Axl would allow a few songs to be shown in all honesty. Even after the Reading 2010 performance he let the BBC show Jungle, TIL and SOD - all of which were arguably the weakest of the performances on the night.

47 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

I think Axl would allow a few songs to be shown in all honesty. Even after the Reading 2010 performance he let the BBC show Jungle, TIL and SOD - all of which were arguably the weakest of the performances on the night.

They should have shown the megaphone performance and his "hacked" Twitter :lol: 

To be fair, I don't think he will mind them showing a few songs from Download, is it still on Sky Arts? 

• Haha 1

Well you never know with Axl, RiR was highly anticipated and was a total shit show for various reasons... I don't know how much he reads or hears the comments on that show. If he does get wind of that, it would really be good ol' Axl to block broadcast for basically any other festival after that. Could also be a commercial decision if that NITL DVD is really coming anything soon (or at least before 2020).

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

They should have shown the megaphone performance and his "hacked" Twitter :lol: 

To be fair, I don't think he will mind them showing a few songs from Download, is it still on Sky Arts? 

Yes sir, is indeed.

• Like 1

Yeah they added some nice things. Line-up not too bad after all, but in my humble opinion Download France or Graspop has a better line-up across the board. Though gems like Bad Religion are very neat.

DZSKbdDW0AE5koy.jpg:large

#DRAMAMODE:

THEY REPLACED THE CLASSIC BULLET LOGO FROM EARLIER ARTWORK WITH JUST "GUNS N' ROSES" SOMETHING MUST BE WRONG

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It's funny that The Pink Slips are on main stage, hardly anyone knows who they are and a band like Greta Van Fleet who lots of people are talking about are way down on second stage.

Those things piss me off. Maybe it shouldn’t but Greta Van Fleet are MUCH better then Pink Slips, they just don’t have a famous daddy.

8 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Those things piss me off. Maybe it shouldn’t but Greta Van Fleet are MUCH better then Pink Slips, they just don’t have a famous daddy.

Welcome to the world of 'package deals'. Organizer of one of the biggest festivals here in the Netherlands (Pinkpop) actually admitted he added a smaller extra stage (dubbed 'Stage 4') just to have a place were he can stick all the acts they HAVE to book just because they want to book some other, bigger, band.

• Like 1