06/09/18 - Derby, UK - Donington Park Circuit (Download Festival)

downzy

Also driven past today and could see the big wheel from the A42. My ticket hasΒ arrived so all good this end! Not had anything from the big green coach company yet though but think this may just be an eticket. (i didnt pay much attention when booking!)

Just looking at the download twitter feed and they are releasing set times on Monday.Β 

I would expect beer to be Β£5 a pint? Does anyone know if day ticket holders canΒ take beer on to the site? Obviously not allowed in main arena.Β 

• Like 1

iirc beer was Β£6 a pint last year, still cheaper than the Β£6.50 i was paying last friday watching the stones in london.

you can take your own food and drink in to the arena but not alcohol

40 minutes ago, bangit said:

Also driven past today and could see the big wheel from the A42. My ticket hasΒ arrived so all good this end! Not had anything from the big green coach company yet though but think this may just be an eticket. (i didnt pay much attention when booking!)

Just looking at the download twitter feed and they are releasing set times on Monday.Β 

I would expect beer to be Β£5 a pint? Does anyone know if day ticket holders canΒ take beer on to the site? Obviously not allowed in main arena.Β 

I will never go on that thing again since you are basically a sitting duck for bottle attacksΒ :lol:

5 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Another thing TM can E ticket you now if uve not had yours so anyone still waiting get on too them

Ticketmaster have messed up lots of people’s ordersΒ :facepalm:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I will never go on that thing again since you are basically a sitting duck for bottle attacksΒ :lol:

Ticketmaster have messed up lots of people’s ordersΒ :facepalm:

bottle attacks? Didn't sign up for that! Download crowd have generally been a tad more chilled in my experience..... occasional twat but you get that everywhere lol!

• Haha 1

So what are your guys guesses for this quality of concert?

In my opnion Download has super poor sound quality, everything on the main stage sounds distinctly 'dry' (I remember it not aiding Bruce Dickinson in the mix, I expect the same to happen with 2018 Axl)

He has 1 more show to wamup then it's time to return to a place I know he holds dear to his heart (the IEM emotions from Download '06 displayed that enough, I know he'll try and bring his a-game under the conditions he can), that being said, I'm expecting a lesser quality than London last yr

2 hours ago, LovelessNL said:

Download always ending so early? They're playing graspop from 2200 - 0130....

UK Festivals/Noise Curfews have been super severe for a while now.

Sounds like he has a cold or something.Β 

Fingers crossed for Download, it could get messy if the performance is awful. I attended both London shows last year and thoroughly enjoyed both without thinking he was struggling vocally. He isn't what he used to be and never will be but yesterday was poor.Β