06/09/18 - Derby, UK - Donington Park Circuit (Download Festival)

downzy

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Hopefully since they are headlining a festival they can start a little later.

i thought angus young has put him straight on that matter. the band will start at the scheduled time of 19.20 

20 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Hopefully since they are headlining a festival they can start a little later.

There set time is 7.20 - 10.50 the longest set in Download history. Hope they play that long.
Rio set was 3hrs 30...so along those lines.

Edited by colonizedmind

1 hour ago, donny said:

i take it download lithos are not limited if they are being sold the day before the gig ? 

Think they limited to 200 as toka said in her IG comments. 👍

Edited by rossco

2 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

So this is the same place that some fans died 30 years ago in '88?

yep. 20th august 1988 during the GNR set. i have the full audio and axl gave the crowd (that kept pushing forward) a good old lecture. iirc the band didn't find out the 2 men had died until after the show

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

So this is the same place that some fans died 30 years ago in '88?

Indeed. 
Also weather is looking nice (thankfully)...so hold on to your yellow coats!

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

Is too early to festival.

but they'll play to curfew 11...so all good 

7 hours ago, donny said:

yep. 20th august 1988 during the GNR set. i have the full audio and axl gave the crowd (that kept pushing forward) a good old lecture. iirc the band didn't find out the 2 men had died until after the show

I was there the place was jam packed 107,000 I think a record attendance for Doningtons Monsters of Rock . The arena used to have a slope & the stage was built at the bottom. It had rained & the grass was wet & slippery there were crowd surges when Guns started playing people lost there footing resulting in 2 guys losing their lives.I didn't find out until the following day when I got home about the 2 guys the 1989 Donington was cancelled as new safety measures were brought in the slope was levelled off

10 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Axl is still really good on AFD song discounting his biggest hits PC and SCOM

Agree. But PC can overall sound decent with some '87 highlights time to time. I would say there's Mickey 85% of SCOM, but only 30% on PC. Wonder what it would sound like if they put PC earlier in the set list...

33 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Agree. But PC can overall sound decent with some '87 highlights time to time. I would say there's Mickey 85% of SCOM, but only 30% on PC. Wonder what it would sound like if they put PC earlier in the set list...

Agree. He should really improve on SCOM as it is what many fans, even casuals enjoy. I would rather them remove 5 songs from their setlist and Axl perform a killer SCOM.

1 hour ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Agree. He should really improve on SCOM as it is what many fans, even casuals enjoy. I would rather them remove 5 songs from their setlist and Axl perform a killer SCOM.

Thing about Sweet Child is that it is going to go over great no matter how he sounds because the crowd knows all the words and is always singing a long.. But on a pro shot it will be awful unless they really doctor his vocals..

• Like 3