06/09/18 - Derby, UK - Donington Park Circuit (Download Festival)

downzy

8 minutes ago, bangit said:

Anyone any experience of getting public transport / trains from download? I'm thinking about going then getting a train back to Sheffield from Derby / East mids parkway.... or i may just drive. #dull

There is a green coach company who sell packages including tickets who are plugged on the download site. Go to tickets and scroll down to trusted sellers and there on the list 

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, bangit said:

Just booked a 'big green' return coach from Sheffield for Sat. Pumped to see the mighty GNR again. Anyone else heading from sheffield on the big green coach? 

Driving up from luton to Nottingham getting the green coach from there to venue. Good price tbf probaby the best deal we will get all day. 

Edited by Appetite4vinyl
Typo

On 04/05/2018 at 6:07 AM, Gavin82 said:

It shouldnt be too long & tixs should be on there waaaaay..!!!!

People have started receiving tickets, not me yet! :max:

Im really looking forward to this show, for some reason I feel much more amped than I did for the London shows! 

I cant wait to see them headline Donington! :headbang:

• Like 1

no tickets this end either. 

Just looking at the line up for Sat, who else are people going to see prior to Guns? 

I'm into black stone cherry and have seen them a few times. The struts  and Thunder sound good from what i've been hearing....

12 hours ago, Dar97 said:

Will it be hard to get right up to the stage?

It will be like trying too do it in a Stadium BUT worse + if its scoring hot day with no shade too stand under ull have too get too the rails like early after noon.

I personally hate just standing around i like the challe

• Like 1

Monster truck sound good. like their stuff. Not sure on the struts... good 'pop' rock tunes but seem very much like a queen tribute band. Although from derby so will have a following! Anyone got any opinions on the temperance movement? not grabbing me as of yet.... 

Should be a great day. Anyone else getting the big green coach from sheffield? I'm travelling on my own for the first time to a GNR gig, my usual gig buddies can't make it! no way i was passing up download given its 40 miles from my house. 

Looking forward to seeing GNR for the 11th time since 2006. 

• Like 1

I’m not really fussed about any of the other bands on GnR day. I’ll stay at main stage all day probably, and watch The Struts, but everyone else I couldn’t care less about. 

I listened to some of The Temperance Movement and I soon got bored...And this is the new song by The Pink Slips:

I’m not really looking forward to their set either judging by that.

16 hours ago, Dar97 said:

Will it be hard to get right up to the stage?

i was at download last year for aerosmith. very front to the right is best place. you are free to roam, bar/toilets/burger vans and such like without losing your place. sort of under the big screen around 50-100ft back. in that area you are near the stage but side on. you only get to see the band members close up when they go for a walk along the wing(which they do) to me that was much better than going 8 hours without a beer or toilets just to be in the mosh pit 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Anyone else received their tickets yet? 

I’m still waiting for mine, maybe they are sending out day tickets before the full weekend ones? 

Ive still to receive my Saturday ticket.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

They’re shutting all the other stages so nobody clashes with GnR - bit shit for people who aren’t interested in seeing Guns! 

where did you hear that ? also any idea how they are selling after upping capacity from 110,000 to 130,000. 

still waiting for my day ticket btw

3 minutes ago, donny said:

where did you hear that ? also any idea how they are selling after upping capacity from 110,000 to 130,000. 

They are out im sure ull get them this wk same with MOS Rock N Roll

Just now, donny said:

3038A433-00CE-469D-822A-C375CFB888B6.jpeg.be2be836db823dcace266bedaaf230ae.jpeg

The other two stages won’t be clashing either, apparently. 

Hate waiting for tickets, I don’t know how ticketmaster figure it out, had my Iron Maiden tickets for ages and not seeing them until August :-/

• Like 1