06/09/18 - Derby, UK - Donington Park Circuit (Download Festival)

downzy

3 minutes ago, bangit said:

Sounds like he has a cold or something. 

Fingers crossed for Download, it could get messy if the performance is awful. I attended both London shows last year and thoroughly enjoyed both without thinking he was struggling vocally. He isn't what he used to be and never will be but yesterday was poor. 

Crowd wise? I think the Donington crowd can be very hostile towards bands very quickly when they are pissed off :nervous:

If they finish an hour early there might be riots like in 06 :lol:

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Crowd wise? I think the Donington crowd can be very hostile towards bands very quickly when they are pissed off :nervous:

yep crowd wise! 

I think  as long as they give a decent performance it will be fine. An average 2017 show will be ok but judging by last night we may be a way off that! 

I was at Download fest in Dublin in 2006 which was after Donnington if memory serves me correctly. My mate was at Donnington and slated them (he is a GNR fan) then but they were awesome in Dublin. 

Just as GNR were becoming 'predictable' lol! This band, fuck me, keep us on the edge! 

Sure it will be a great gig :facepalm:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Fuck the music im just going too jump around in the pit & start as many as poss lols lols 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

When I first started going to Donington everyone used to turn their backs on a band if they didn’t like their performance, it must be horrible to look out at the whole crowd turned away from you - or everyone used to stick their fingers up at them at the same time. At least they don’t do that any more :lol:

Just the very loud booing/insults and bottles storm lol 

You never know, that might be just the sort of thing to kickstart a great performance from Axl, you know how he loves the challenge of winning over a tough crowd?  Might turn out to be their  best show yet! Fingers crossed! 

If they turn up and delivery a shit hot performance i expect the media will slate them anyway. Any holes in the show and it will be deemed to be a disaster! Just like nugnr days! Donnington is a difficult place to go and its a certainty that they won't win everyone over. 

i've just finalised my line up for the day now the set times have been released....

beer, Von Hertzen Bros, beer, Monster Truck, beer, The Struts, beer, Temperance movement, beer, Thunder, beer, Black Stone Cherry, beer, GNR (next drink is dependent on outcome of performance!)

1 hour ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

You never know, that might be just the sort of thing to kickstart a great performance from Axl, you know how he loves the challenge of winning over a tough crowd?  Might turn out to be their  best show yet! Fingers crossed! 

I don’t know, it’s pretty brutal there when the crowd are one huge angry animal :lol:

2 hours ago, bangit said:

Sounds like he has a cold or something. 

Fingers crossed for Download, it could get messy if the performance is awful. I attended both London shows last year and thoroughly enjoyed both without thinking he was struggling vocally. He isn't what he used to be and never will be but yesterday was poor. 

It was more than that, there were major technical problems....

1 minute ago, bangit said:

i hope for his sake that there were! We shall see. 

There were...it's an absolute fact....quotes from people who were at that show.

Renee Pörschke Awful sound, never been on a concert with such bad acoustics. Waste of money. Many people left earlier and were very disappointed

Hendrik Meyer Worst sound I ever heard on a live show - and I have seen a lot. Very very disappointed!! This was very unprofessional!!

Hendrik Schmahl I am very disappointed. Never come back to Berlin with such a sound. You shouldn't go 2 anywhere like this. I thought it would be something special. It has been. The ever worthless concert I habe been! You shouldn't save money by cheapest sound systems ever heard at Berlins great Olympiastadion. If there might be a next time, let me know and please state it. Otherwise, I am spending 100 Euro for something more funny!

Moritz Becker The sound was the worst I have ever heard on a live show!!! Some of the songs I could barely identify and I've been listening to Guns N'Roses a lot!! Also I have been looking forward to see AND LISTEN to Guns N'Roses live for years! So thanks for ruining that (had to leave after 45 min. to protect my ears from long term damage). I already wrote to the organizer "live nation" so I get my money back. Hopefully many more do the same!

Ivana Platilová We went from Prague to Berlin to see GnR and I must say it was probably our worst concert ever. We are very disappointed and upset. As most of the people have mentioned, the sound was really terrible and show and band performance was poor in comparison with last year. So we are leaving very sad 1f615.png😕

2 hours ago, bangit said:

If they turn up and delivery a shit hot performance i expect the media will slate them anyway. Any holes in the show and it will be deemed to be a disaster! Just like nugnr days! Donnington is a difficult place to go and its a certainty that they won't win everyone over. 

i've just finalised my line up for the day now the set times have been released....

beer, Von Hertzen Bros, beer, Monster Truck, beer, The Struts, beer, Temperance movement, beer, Thunder, beer, Black Stone Cherry, beer, GNR (next drink is dependent on outcome of performance!)

Sounds like a plan stan

Guns are scheduled to play a 3 & half hour show at Donington on Saturday night.

On at 19:20

Off at 22:50

Anything less won't go down well with the crowd. I'm also expecting Axl saying a few words as a tribute to the 2 guys who died during Guns set at Donington in 1988

Edited by AFD5

18 minutes ago, AFD5 said:

Anything less won't go down well with the crowd. I'm also expecting Axl saying a few words as a tribute to the 2 guys who died during Guns set at Donington in 1988

they played bilbao on 30th may last year, that was the 20th anniversary of west arkeen and nothing was said so axl saying a few words about 2 guys he never knew dying 30 years ago is unlikely 

25 minutes ago, donny said:

they played bilbao on 30th may last year, that was the 20th anniversary of west arkeen and nothing was said so axl saying a few words about 2 guys he never knew dying 30 years ago is unlikely 

These two guys were trampled to death during Guns set at Donington in 1988. It'll be a huge disappointment if Axl doesn't mention them during the show.

5 minutes ago, AFD5 said:

These two guys were trampled to death during Guns set at Donington in 1988. It'll be a huge disappointment if Axl doesn't mention them during the show.

would be nice if he remembered them but axl doesn't seem to communicate with the crowd much nowadays. he might say "i suck" but thats about it 

2 hours ago, AFD5 said:

I bet they go on at 19:30 - 19:45 and come off around 22:30 - 22:45 it was dubbed as a '3 hour show'. The schedule allows from some delays etc i would imagine. i would be amazed (although not entirely!) if some idiots kicked off about having a show which didn't quite hit the '3 hour' mark. The vast majority would find a 2.5 hour set as perfectly acceptable and won't be sat timing the thing!

Doubt he will make reference to the guys who died, it was 30 years ago. Cool if he did though but wouldn't hold it against him if not!

23 hours ago, AFD5 said:

Guns played Donington/Download Festival in 2006 and not a word was mentioned.