06/09/18 - Derby, UK - Donington Park Circuit (Download Festival)

downzy

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

He seems to be better tonight than the last show....but we could still get a poor performance from him anyway :nervous:

Or they could open the show with Perfect Crime - imagine opening with that song at Donington :lol:

If they dropped that first i think i would loose my shit.

Good choice 

46 minutes ago, Appetite4vinyl said:

Just seen some footage of there instagram accounts axl doesn't seem to be a ropey as sunday. I have had one too many drinks possibly can someone concur 

Excellent show tonight. Followed it on fb streams. 100% better than Sunday. All good! 😁

If he performs like that on Sat ill be well happy. 2 hour 55 min show. Good setlist. 

52 minutes ago, Dean said:

Was just about to ask this.

Someone said on an AC/DC forum that Sky Arts will be showing highlights, I had a look and nothing.

TBH they usually do show some.

But don't be suprised if Team Brazil say nono

28 minutes ago, SMG said:

TBH they usually do show some.

But don't be suprised if Team Brazil say nono

I think they show it on Sky Arts a few weeks after the event these days. Usually just a few tracks of the headliner. There was a time that it was live streamed i think!

edit - just looked - Broadcast 29th June. GNR mentioned so i would expect some tracks. 

Download Festival 2018

Sky Arts

Ozzy Osbourne, Guns ’N Roses and Avenged Sevenfold headline the UK's number one rock and metal music festival, held each year at Donington Park in Derby.

Edited by bangit
  • GNFNR 1

17 minutes ago, bangit said:

I think they show it on Sky Arts a few weeks after the event these days. Usually just a few tracks of the headliner. There was a time that it was live streamed i think!

edit - just looked - Broadcast 29th June. GNR mentioned so i would expect some tracks. 

Download Festival 2018

Sky Arts

Ozzy Osbourne, Guns ’N Roses and Avenged Sevenfold headline the UK's number one rock and metal music festival, held each year at Donington Park in Derby.

That would be so cool :)

5 minutes ago, donny said:

any news on the bands whereabouts ? they must be in the uk by now.

would they be staying near the venue or getting a chopper to london after the show ? 

Slash and Meegan and most of the GnR crew are in Leicester. Where they’re staying has a helipad so I assume they will helicopter into Download. 

Not sure if Duff and Axl are there. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Slash and Meegan and most of the GnR crew are in Leicester. Where they’re staying has a helipad so I assume they will helicopter into Download. 

Not sure if Duff and Axl are there. 

serious ? i live in leicester, any ideas where in leicester ? 

3 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Just yell “Where’s Izzy” and “Release the Use Your Illusion tapes!!”

i dont think yelling is allowed near that hotel. looks like its full of snobs. im surprised they let that crowd in. 

On 3/27/2018 at 5:17 AM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It's funny that The Pink Slips are on main stage, hardly anyone knows who they are and a band like Greta Van Fleet who lots of people are talking about are way down on second stage.

If it were up to me GVF would be on the main stage and pink slips wouldn't be on any stage. Have you tried listening to their latest EP? Idk what it's supposed to be but I don't like it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

If it were up to me GVF would be on the main stage and pink slips wouldn't be on any stage. Have you tried listening to their latest EP? Idk what it's supposed to be but I don't like it.

I heard it, I don’t like it :lol: GVF are on really early on the second stage, Sunday. It’s annoying that they’ve been overlooked by the festival. I agree, GVF should’ve got the main stage spot instead of The Pink Slips, who nobody cares about. They would’ve been a great start to the Saturday. 

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I heard it, I don’t like it :lol: GVF are on really early on the second stage, Sunday. It’s annoying that they’ve been overlooked by the festival. I agree, GVF should’ve got the main stage spot instead of The Pink Slips, who nobody cares about. They would’ve been a great start to the Saturday. 

Yeah I don't like the nepotism going on there.

39 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

You're not wrong, especially given the Download crowd. What were they thinking....?