06/12/18 - Gelsenkirchen, Germany - Veltins Arena

downzy

40 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

why is Shadow Of Your Love a Hollywood Rose Cover and Don't Cry not? I don't get it...

Because SOYL was a Hollywood Rose song, while Don't Cry was the very first GN'R song.

1 minute ago, ludurigan said:

frank is a horrible drummer and deserves to get "the corn" -- whatever the fuck "getting the corn" means :rofl-lol:

Bring Bryan back

Just now, Sosso said:

Because SOYL was a Hollywood Rose song, while Don't Cry was the very first GN'R song.

Bring Bryan back

shadow of your love was written by hollywood rose which means written by axl, izzy and weber

shadow of your love was never released by hollywood rose

shadow of your love was released by GNR as a B-side or whatever in 1987

thus its fair to say that shadow of your love is a Guns n Roses song written by GNR members before they formed GNR

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

shadow of your love was written by hollywood rose which means written by axl, izzy and weber

thus its fair to say that shadow of your love is a Guns n Roses song written by GNR members before they formed GNR

This song was first performed live by Hollywood Rose and then by L.A. Guns and Guns N' Roses. 

Edited by Sosso

2 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

Are you Perlas lawyer by any chance?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sosso said:

This song was first performed live by Hollywood Rose and then by L.A. Guns and Guns N' Roses. 

Yep, if you were to go back in time to 1984 to tell those guys in Hollywood Rose they're covering someone elses song..yea it just doesn't make any sense. The song was written for and performed as Hollywood Rose. It's a HR song no matter how people want to spin things. Its origin can't just go from being a bands song to another bands song a year later.

Just came home from the show 

First show I attended this year, and from the youtubes I saw from the previous ones this one might be the best so far

First 3 songs awesome as always, jungle was very mickey but the whole was singing along so who cares

YCBM was okay, he let the crowd sing parts of the last chorus which was awesome and probably helped him

New rose was played

TIL was finally really good, I really hoped the cut this one out, but axl was on great form

I kinda like Wichita as a song but it really kills the mood, as nobody knows it and it's such a slow song... Still I love Richards solo on it, very much feeling, exactly what I miss from slashs solos at the moment 

Coma was good, but I'd prefer if they played two songs (OTGM+Michelle?) instead

Nightrain was fucking fire

Encore was fine as well, nice to hear yesterdays, still a good tune even though it's 101% mickey

Sika and paradise city were strong 

Crowd wasn't the wildest apart from a big moshpit during PC, they only sang on the crowd pleasers 

Still great show, looking forward to Barcelona and Nijmegen 

• Like 3

Just now, StrangerInThisTown said:

Yep, if you were to go back in time to 1984 to tell those guys in Hollywood Rose they're covering someone elses song..yea it just doesn't make any sense. The song was written for and performed as Hollywood Rose. It's a HR song no matter how people want to spin things. Its origin can't just go from being a bands song to another bands song a year later.

so Don't Cry is a Hollywood Rose Song because it was first played with Hollywood Rose

1 minute ago, t-p-d-a said:

so Don't Cry is a Hollywood Rose Song because it was first played with Hollywood Rose

Where did you hear this? From my knowledge it was written in March 1985 just when GNR was formed

1 minute ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Anyone who isn't Steven or Izzy gets the corn on this forum :smiley-confused2:

Steven gets the corn here a whole lot.:o

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

Don't Cry was first performed live during the first GN'R gig in March 1985.

2 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Anyone who isn't Steven or Izzy gets the corn on this forum :smiley-confused2:

That sucks. 

6 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Source?

it's (not) so easy, reckless road by Marc Canter Page 60 (germany version)

Don't Cry was played for the first time at the Hollywood Rose Reunion Show at the Water Club

Edited by t-p-d-a
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

Reckless Road by Marc Canter Page 60 (germany version)

Don't Cry was played for the first time at the Hollywood Rose Reunion Show at the Water Club

Izzy said that the song was written a couple of weeks before the bands foundation. The HR reunion show was already three months away

Edited by Sosso

1 minute ago, Sosso said:

Izzy said that the song was written a couple of weeks before the bands foundation. The reunion show was already three months away

and Marc Canter is a big liar?

Edited by t-p-d-a

3 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

Reckless Road by Marc Canter Page 60 (germany version)

If that's true then DC is de facto a Hollywood Rose song as it was written by Hollywood Rose before GNR existed. I mean when Hollywood Rose played it at that December 1984 show they didn't play a "GNR" song because that band was not even made. It's just not logical any other way.

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

If that's true then DC is de facto a Hollywood Rose song as it was written by Hollywood Rose before GNR existed. I mean when Hollywood Rose played it at that December 1984 show they didn't play a "GNR" song because that band was not even made. It's just not logical any other way.

LOL...Someone start a petition to reunite
"Hollywood Rose"...these guys are just pretenders

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Sosso said:

so snakepit 1st album is a bunch of GNR covers? 

think about it does it make sense? sometimes you try too hard.

Just now, colonizedmind said:

LOL...Someone start a petition to reunite
"Hollywood Rose"...these guys are just pretenders

same shit with the original members bullshit, :lol: i could have named my band GNR back then 1985, the only official band is the one getting signed by a record company,