06/15/18 - Firenze, Italy - Firenze Rocks

downzy

1 hour ago, Caedo said:

Pretty bad sound quality but the band sounds great from what I could make out.

Ok, Axl definitely got a little better with the timing, still a tad fast in that one line, but other than that, much better paced, he's not ahead! Maybe he finally looked back at a performance, if it is like this next time, I guess he did. However he did forget the single shadows and botched the ending instead lol

Edited by colonizedmind

7 hours ago, ironmt said:

Looks like the band finally got a decent crowd on this leg of the tour.

It never is just the crowd or the band. It's both plus weather, stadium conditions, surroundings, etc. Firenze seems to have been the best concert so far. Berlin the worst..sigh..:shrugs:

14 minutes ago, RageKage said:

Just so you can complain on a message board about it

Sorry I forgot to praise the setlist and Axl. I'll do that next time.

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

“I hope to god she leaves me”

Oh, Axl...

This would be a great one to drop for Don't Cry.

• GNFNR 2

20 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Sorry I forgot to praise the setlist and Axl. I'll do that next time.

This would be a great one to drop for Don't Cry.

I agree, and I say this as a Chinese fan. This song is a total waste in the setlist and the crowds aren’t into it at all. It’s a shame Dont Cry (my favorite GNR song) is on an alternating spot in an encore.

9 hours ago, Torb said:

Came back just now in my hotel room. I'll be brief: I forgive them for the disappointing show last year in Imola. The entire band was focused as fuck and played the songs at their own tempo. Slash actually tried to play some phrases in his solos and did less useless noodling. Most of his improvising is still structureless, but he did a step forward indeed. 

Axl..I honestly don't remember him singing so well in this last year. It's like he was aware of his voice problems when he pushes it too much and found a way to avoid it. RQ outro was pretty impressive and he kinda nailed the ending of Coma. Some great rasp on PC too. Nightrain was killer, I jumped all the time. In few words, he was still far away from NA 2016, but not THAT far. Almost forgot, it was crystal clear that he "mickeys" on purpose, he did a lot of voice changes also in few seconds. 

So true. I could clearly see him doing It when he wanted to preserve his voice

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

Finally back home...

Well, what Can I say.. I've Never seen axl in such a good mood. He craked Jokes all the time.. with band members and with us. Oh, with meeghan too!

I saw him coughing a lot of time But his voice was good and he was full of energy.

I've had so much fun!!

Tell us more!!!!!

Such great crowd!!!

Edited by Georgina Arriaga

3 hours ago, Pedrolg said:

People listening to this and saying Axl is great and his voice is fine is truly beyond me. Hope he knows what he is doing with his voice. 

Well... 90% of rock singers wouldn't be able to sing this any better. It's not raspy all the time, but it's not bad also

I was there ! :slash:

The crowd ... the right crowd changes everything !  ;) and Axl really seemed to have appreciated it, not only with his tweet but also during the show 

When WTDJ started you couldn't understand anything anyomore ahaha everyone jumping and singing ! :headbang:

Nightrain was a killer moment too ! 3h30m of great GnR !

Edited by On The Nightrain
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I agree, and I say this as a Chinese fan. This song is a total waste in the setlist and the crowds aren’t into it at all. It’s a shame Dont Cry (my favorite GNR song) is on an alternating spot in an encore.

It really is a shame because in 2010 when a huge chunk of the crowd didn't know it they popped EVERY SINGLE NIGHT after the first chorus because his vocals were so fucking amazing. 

This I Love is beautiful, but for some reason it doesn't seem to come out right on this leg of the tour. The song is not one to get a crowd pumped in the first place, but I remember back 2010 quite a few jaws dropped due to Axl's outstanding vocal performance, lots of casuals were just like "Wow! What's this? That's from Chinese Democracy? Holy shit!", now not so much. I'd say drop it for now, there's plenty of other songs to choose from.

• GNFNR 1