06/15/18 - Firenze, Italy - Firenze Rocks

downzy

12 hours ago, feli1269 said:

That's it. the aggressiveness that the song requires. 

The Spice Girl laying synths over the verses kind of dilutes the aggressiveness..

9 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Hey Frank, how much to pay you to leave? We forum members can put our money together for that.

Let' seriously start a gofundme page!! I will throw down!

10 minutes ago, Ifdworld said:

I think you're forgetting Frank plays a 3h30 hour set sometimes almost 4 hours.

You think a drummer can maintain that stamina for that long? Even brain said he doesn't know how frank does it because the set is so big he would've lost all energy half way through a normal gnr set now a days.

If you think Frank isn't a great drummer, thats your opinion. Not a fact. To assume Slash Duff and Axl can't tell a good drummer from a bad one just proves how silly that comment sounds.

Well Foo Fighters are doing 2h30-45m every night and he even has a big drum solo in there. Shorter? Yes, but comparable because Frank has his breaks in the 2nd half 

Edited by Nicklord

I think you need to play a 3h30 hour set with Franks parts to make that assessment, Ask Taylor he would backup frank on This. In Fact, Ask Brain, he specifically pointed out how its crazy what frank pulls off and how he does it. Playing a gnr set for 3h30 hours isn't easy and will take a toll always on energy which seems to be what most "musicians" here are looking for. 

23 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

What? Axl was on fucking point.

Pay more attention to the videos. Didn't say it sucked though, but he's definitely losing control. I'm just worried about the consequences of singing like that. 

17 minutes ago, Ifdworld said:

I think you need to play a 3h30 hour set with Franks parts to make that assessment, Ask Taylor he would backup frank on This. In Fact, Ask Brain, he specifically pointed out how its crazy what frank pulls off and how he does it. Playing a gnr set for 3h30 hours isn't easy and will take a toll always on energy which seems to be what most "musicians" here are looking for. 

No doubt drums and vocals are physically the most demanding job in any band. Nice of them to offer 3 1/2 hr shows, but I think most people would be just as happy with a more condensed 2 hr set for maybe a bit more real world friendly ticket prices without the golden circle bs. And better opening / co-headlining bands. I saw them with Alice In Chains couple of years ago for 50 euros and whoever was early got the best seats, much better deal than Pink Slips opening and Axl on the verge of reanimation halfway through the show.

Edited by adamsapple

6 minutes ago, Torb said:

Pay more attention to the videos. Didn't say it sucked though, but he's definitely losing control. I'm just worried about the consequences of singing like that. 

Axl's voice is a wild animal, he never has had full control of that rasp! plenty of times back in the illusion period where it sounded like it was 'out of control'. On the occasion where he does tame the beast it sounds best obviously. He never was perfect and never will be. The consequences of singing like that are more than likely why we he struggles today to sing some of the old the stuff the same way. He certainly has less control of it these days though. 

34 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

No doubt drums and vocals are physically the most demanding job in any band. Nice of them to offer 3 1/2 hr shows, but I think most people would be just as happy with a more condensed 2 hr set for maybe a bit more real world friendly ticket prices without the golden circle bs. And better opening / co-headlining bands. I saw them with Alice In Chains couple of years ago for 50 euros and whoever was early got the best seats, much better deal than Pink Slips opening and Axl on the verge of reanimation halfway through the show.

You are probably right and I would even agree with you, issue is, it's their call and they aren't doing anything wrong. they can just see things differently and they are in charge. The issue I had is I see a lot of people bashing hate at frank for no reason other than they don't like it and then they try to justify it with bogus pseudo musician talk that anyone who has been doing this professionally will dismiss in a heartbeat. You haven't seen one professional musician talking shit about franks drumming, its only fans stating opinions as facts. which sucks, cuz we can hate on whomever we want for whatever reason. but to say frank is bad at his job is a lie. he is actually quite good. he plays the longest set, without hiccups and according to the standards he is expected to perform. Because he is judged by his peers and bandmates not us.

Its not like frank is ashba playing the wrong notes and playing bends incorrectly always missing the notes. He is a good drummer and some people don't like his approach but most of what they are complaining about isn't Really just up to him. Song tempo is done with a click so if someone thinks its off they change it as a whole. he wasn't hired to play things note by note but to get his take on the material and quite honestly since 2016 he has been damn close.

Again, he is hard working and never complains and is always with a smile. He is as reliable as they come and plays exactly what and how the band wants him to play. If you don't ike it. well go listen to something else

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, bangit said:

Axl's voice is a wild animal, he never has had full control of that rasp! plenty of times back in the illusion period where it sounded like it was 'out of control'. On the occasion where he does tame the beast it sounds best obviously. He never was perfect and never will be. The consequences of singing like that are more than likely why we he struggles today to sing some of the old the stuff the same way. He certainly has less control of it these days though. 

Back in the day he didn't squeak during those screams. Speaking of nowadays, 2010, 2016 and AXL/DC proves that he can do it whenever he wants, he's just lazy AF I guess. 

6 minutes ago, Torb said:

Back in the day he didn't squeak during those screams. Speaking of nowadays, 2010, 2016 and AXL/DC proves that he can do it whenever he wants, he's just lazy AF I guess. 

No, maybe not but he didn't have full control of it. AXL/DC  - i saw them in Manchester and it was amazing. However, many songs he still sang with his 'clean' voice. The raspy delivery on Back in Black + Thunderstruck was awesome but he was struggling and did have times where his voice 'broke' during that tour. I would say that the AXL/DC gig i attended was one of my most memorable ever, an amazing show and performance by Axl. 2010 Axl was great but he was really giving it some and although i do agree with you that he can 'turn it on' when required, he obviously feels like it isn't sustainable at the moment and doesn't choose to / can't do it for a full show. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ifdworld said:

You haven't seen one professional musician talking shit about franks drumming, its only fans stating opinions as facts. which sucks, cuz we can hate on whomever we want for whatever reason. but to say frank is bad at his job is a lie. he is actually quite good. he plays the longest set, without hiccups and according to the standards he is expected to perform. Because he is judged by his peers and bandmates not us.

Its not like frank is ashba playing the wrong notes and playing bends incorrectly always missing the notes. He is a good drummer and some people don't like his approach but most of what they are complaining about isn't Really just up to him. Song tempo is done with a click so if someone thinks its off they change it as a whole. he wasn't hired to play things note by note but to get his take on the material and quite honestly since 2016 he has been damn close.

Again, he is hard working and never complains and is always with a smile. He is as reliable as they come and plays exactly what and how the band wants him to play. If you don't ike it. well go listen to something else

I agree, technically I can't say anything bad about his drumming. I was at the very first shows Frank did with Guns, still filling in for Brain back then, and I noticed a big difference between him playing freely and on a click. It's like they put chains on him and in that on the whole band with this production, the videos and pyros and the energy suffers a lot. Maybe that's why Axl performing with AC/DC or Foos stands out so much? I mean look at his eyes and his moves from yesterday night, that's like night and day and that just edge isn't there with Guns currently. If I can't have Steven I'm alright with Frank but I wish they'd just let the click be.

• Like 1