Only Woman Bleed/Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Nightrain

ENCORE

Patience
Sorry
The Seeker
Paradise City

• Like 1

• downzy changed the title to 6/21/18 - Dessel, Belgium - Graspop Metal Meeting

Belgium's biggest and best mecca of metal is only 100 days away! Time to complete the line-up and to report on ticket sales and accommodation during the festival.

Graspop Metal Meeting, a 4-day event this year only, will take place in Dessel from Thursday, 21 June until Sunday, 24 June 2018. With fantastic headliners: Guns N’ Roses, Iron Maiden, Volbeat and Ozzy Osbourne and sub-headliners that are just as exhilarating: Avenged Sevenfold, Judas Priest, A Perfect Circle, Marilyn Manson, Ghost, and Parkway Drive. Another 16 names were added to the GMM18 line-up today. The line-up for GMM18 is now complete.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GMM18 tickets are selling like hot cakes. Anyone wanting to be part of the 23rd edition should not wait much longer to buy a ticket, as more than 85% of the combi tickets have already been sold. VIP combi tickets (3 days), combi XL tickets (4 days) and tickets for Thursday and Friday are already sold out. More info can be found here.

An overview:
gmm18nwssoldoutv3-4.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again Red Bull Music will present three promising Belgian bands of at the Red Bull Music Stage on the Metal Dome on Thursday. The Red Bull Music Stage on GMM18 gives wings to Moments, Toxic Shock and Signs Of Algorithm!

"The news of the year," says Gert-Jan Vandervoort, the bassist of the metalcore outfit Moments (Tessenderlo). "We are currently working on our new record, and did not have many shows planned. But no one can deny the offer of playing at Graspop Metal Meeting! We already played some bigger festivals, but the Red Bull Music Stage is the ultimate! Expect old and new songs. We will tear down the house!"

"We are really looking forward to it!" Says Frederick Vanhille, the vocalist of metalcoreband Signs Of Algorithm (Ghent / Bruges). "It will be the fifth anniversary of our very first show that day, so we could not wish for a better gift. We're going to blow off the roof of the Red Bull Music Stage! We have been standing on the other side of the stage barriers many occasions. This time is our turn  to play our best set for on the audience. We'll be rehearsing 24/7, that's what we're going to do! "

"Wonderful to be able to play at Graspop Metal Meeting," says guitarist Pieter Coolen of crossover formation Toxic Shock (Antwerp). "It's a great way to show a lot of people what Toxic Shock stands for. We're going to rehearse like crazy and put together a good set. Just like on our other shows of course. But this is Graspop hey! We are going to win new souls!"

Edited by LovelessNL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 18-4-2018 at 12:43 PM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

How come Avenged Sevenfold are subbing to Parkway Drive, is that a mistake or I'm reading it wrong? 

No you are right, strangest decision on the bill, but it might have something to do with loads of people who want to see Maiden AND A7X AND Ayreon. 

12 hours ago, LovelessNL said:

No you are right, strangest decision on the bill, but it might have something to do with loads of people who want to see Maiden AND A7X AND Ayreon. 

It is strange isn’t it, I don’t know how big a crowd area the second stage gets at Graspop but I can imagine it will be a bit crammed when Avenged play. 

35 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It is strange isn’t it, I don’t know how big a crowd area the second stage gets at Graspop but I can imagine it will be a bit crammed when Avenged play. 

They both are the same size and right next to eachother. 

It's the seventh show in this leg, and by far the festival where they have the latest slot. Hope we will get someting special, or at the very least; a reasonably acceptable show..

DLUK: 19:20 – 22:50
DLFR: 20:00 – 23:30
DLES: 21:00 – 00:30
Firenze: 20:00 – 23:30
Graspop: 22:00 – 01:30

Just now, st0n3r said:

They have to sell way more tickets than the others (there's a lot less combi+ than normal combitickets) + it's a thursday evening. 

I know, but this is a band that sold out Goffertpark (65k+ tickets) and I think TW Classic in the same amount of time last year... So you'd figure those 40k day tickets or whatever shouldn't be such a problem. But they kinda of overstepped choosing these venues again. I see a lot discounted tickets, same for Berlin, and in Nijmegen they added some hefty support acts as well.

1 minute ago, LovelessNL said:

I know, but this is a band that sold out Goffertpark (65k+ tickets) and I think TW Classic in the same amount of time last year... So you'd figure those 40k day tickets or whatever shouldn't be such a problem. But they kinda of overstepped choosing these venues again. I see a lot discounted tickets, same for Berlin, and in Nijmegen they added some hefty support acts as well.

Probably. But I don't think TW Classic was sold out.