06/21/18 - Dessel, Belgium - Graspop Metal Meeting

downzy

2 hours ago, GNR 1991 said:

Much better performance on Shadow by Axl here. Stellar.

Absolutely NAILED IT!  I'm impressed- gave him some heat the other day for being off, so today I give props for crushing it.  Looking forward to hearing the rest of the show.

2 hours ago, Bluefish18 said:

Absolutely NAILED IT!  I'm impressed- gave him some heat the other day for being off, so today I give props for crushing it.  Looking forward to hearing the rest of the show.

Still singing with a bad timing. Can't understand why he just couldnt sit down and listen to soyl for 2 hours.. and learn his parts right. Lol. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Man if Axl could just put some grit on the chorus of Slither it would be a killer version! Might as well have Melissa sing it if he wants that high of a frequency on it though. 

Yea thought the same. The verses all sound great but the chorus needs to be lower register.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bluefish18 said:

Huh, he's still speeding up lines and getting out of beat, for some fucking reason.. very weird.

4 hours ago, riot said:

Still singing with a bad timing. Can't understand why he just couldnt sit down and listen to soyl for 2 hours.. and learn his parts right. Lol. 

Oh, I'm sure he did sit down and listen to it for a few hours recently... while he was re-recording the vocals for the remastered version! LOL 

Seriously though, he knows the parts of course, it seems Axl is having timing issues, maybe due to vocal technique, cause he's often speeding up in the middle of sentences and phrases. Not only on SOYL...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lio said:

A bit bruised and battered, but what a great and memorable show again. :heart:

Same, but what a show!!

Better than Werchter last year IMO. Better set list, so cool to have both DC and Patience, and Sorry.

Ask was great, they all gave everything they had. GMM is not an easy crowd and people around me were very enthusiastic. 

People kept on crowd surfing, including a small dude that got tossed and a guy in a wheelchair.

Edited by NicoRourke
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, NicoRourke said:

Same, but what a show!!

Better than Werchter last year IMO. Better set list, so cool to have both DC and Patience, and Sorry.

Ask was great, they all gave everything they had. GMM is not an easy crowd and people around me were very enthusiastic. 

People kept on crowd surfing, including a small dude that got tossed and a guy in a wheelchair.

That wheelchair guy was awesome! And indeed, for a Belgian, usually quiet and sceptical crowd, athmosphere was great. We started the chants whenever we could. 😁 Vocally 2006/2010 & AXL/DC concerts were more solid, but this is the most fun I had on Belgian soil during a Gn'R show. Band gave it's all, and it didn't go unappreciated.  Even the press was really positive. Being almost front row didn't hurt either. 😎

• Like 3

Killer solo By Slash , Bad ass Blues Riff leading into Johnny b Goode , Ripping one of his best of the tour , Fucking Mean ass Shredd Fest , Fuck he is Killing it , What tone , Fuck yes 

WHEN u play a festival with this many bands sometimes u gotta show who's playground it  is , WELCOME TO THE SLASH PLAYGROUND-ALL OTHER GUITAR PLAYERS  SIT BACK AND WATCH the man, THE  BEAST WILL SHOW YOU THE WAY 

Edited by TMAC20
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, vloors said:

Yea thought the same. The verses all sound great but the chorus needs to be lower register.

The chorus is the only thing stopping it from being a real highlight of the set. Overall, it’s great and I get what he’s going for in the chorus but either he needs to add the rasp or just sing it in his low register a la the original version. I love the intensity he sings the verse after the solo with. Good stuff! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, James Bond said:

The chorus is the only thing stopping it from being a real highlight of the set. Overall, it’s great and I get what he’s going for in the chorus but either he needs to add the rasp or just sing it in his low register a la the original version. I love the intensity he sings the verse after the solo with. Good stuff! 

I think Melissa singing the chorus would be an interesting touch. I just feel like if he’s going to use that voice for that part it would be better suited for a girl to sing those lines than have a male trying to hit a note that a women can hit naturally. 

3 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I think Melissa singing the chorus would be an interesting touch. I just feel like if he’s going to use that voice for that part it would be better suited for a girl to sing those lines than have a male trying to hit a note that a women can hit naturally. 

That’s the weird thing about Axl’s clean voice. It’s not the notes themselves that’s the problem for him but he can’t seem to escape the Mickey tonality when singing in that range without rasp.