06/21/18 - Dessel, Belgium - Graspop Metal Meeting

downzy

6 minutes ago, James Bond said:

That’s the weird thing about Axl’s clean voice. It’s not the notes themselves that’s the problem for him but he can’t seem to escape the Mickey tonality when singing in that range without rasp.

And it’s really weird that he tries singing using his low voice and “mickey” voice in the same song..it sounds odd coming from him. But he seems to try to incorporate that into every song. Sorry is another culprit of this method. 

4 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

@IncitingChaos you love to talk to him about his voice, right? That would be my dream conversation with him.

I like this concert a lot

Yea it would be far less interesting to me if Axl had gone in depth about his vocals since 2011 before. Just hearing him explain why he does this here and that there and why he started using that voice.

really I can only assume why he uses a certain vocal here or there and I’m not sure if I’m ever right Bc just as I assume something about his voice he completely proves you wrong and so yea it would be a really great conversation to have. 

I chalk most of his weaker vocals up to limitations from pushing his voice in the past and the damage that caused and trying to avoid it again

55 minutes ago, RageKage said:

Great show. Great company. Some assholes in the crowd as usual. But i had the feeling the asshole-meter was higher than at other shows.

I literally had to ask a drunk German dude to stop screaming idiotic things throughout the first hour of the show. He was somewhat surprised I wasn't there to enjoy his poor humor and one-liners.

• Haha 4

50 minutes ago, NicoRourke said:

I literally had to ask a drunk German dude to stop screaming idiotic things throughout the first hour of the show. He was somewhat surprised I wasn't there to enjoy his poor humor and one-liners.

Man, that was @RageKage! :ph34r:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, MrMojo said:

Sometimes it's Better this way, If the world could be like this it'd be a happier place but there'll always be a few bad apples.

Axl Nailedddddddddddd that outro.

For the few parts of the show I heard, it was a great show. Glad to hear haters were away 

Axl looks fine ( really handsome #coughs# without the hat# coughs# #like it matters?# re-coughs# ) and sounds really awesome. 

:facepalm:haters gonna hate:heart:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, st0n3r said:

I enjoyed the show, but way too many slow songs one after another. Nice crowd in general imo. 

I was praying for This I Love after Brownstone, and I don't even like This I Love :lol: I hope it wasn't your boot nearly poking my eye out :max:

8 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Still no decent Shadow because of Axl being completely out of time. What the hell is the problem and why don't they fix it??

Absolutely, he's totally off and it's such a shame that the lead singer of a band that makes like 6 million $ per gig isn't able to re-learn a 100 year old song. I really thought about going to the Mannheim Show on Sunday because of SOYL but this is pure bullshit, it really is awkward to watch.

42 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If they'd played Shadow Of Your Love in April 2016, this is pretty much exactly what I think it would've sounded like:

Hope Axl keeps getting better. :axl:

Nah, it would've been even faster as Frank was playing double time for the most part of 2016 for some reason haha. But yes, I agree if you're referring to Axl. He sounds fucking amazing here.

He will get better. I mean, this is good anyway but the shows will gradually improve. Looking forward to a brutal, full on version of Slither. If he chooses to sing it that way that is. No doubt he's fully capable but he's not exactly surrounded by people who are gonna give him some constructive criticism.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

4CqEVFa.jpg

📷: wormsiii Instagram 

vwDJj37.jpg

📷: wormsiii Instagram 

Is it me or are they having Fortus dress up as a cross between Izzy and DJ Ashba. He is far superior than those two as a player... Even though I like Izzy... not so much Living the Dream Ashba...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Billly B said:

Is it me or are they having Fortus dress up as a cross between Izzy and DJ Ashba. He is far superior than those two as a player... Even though I like Izzy... not so much Living the Dream Ashba...

I highly doubt they are telling him how to dress, it seems to just be his style 😏