06/26/18 - Bordeaux, France - Matmut Stadium

downzy

32 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

On that note, what IS the best "Don't Cry" since 2016? Anyone wanna chime in with one? I thought Houston was good...is there a better?

i thought he hit the high notes at the end much better in Philly 2016.  It’s still clean but delivered with power and it made all the difference. 

Edited by IncitingChaos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Lotta empty seats there 

That seems to be the theme on this leg of the tour, unfortunately.  Although they are still playing to pretty large crowds.  I have no real figures, but would guess that they are still playing to between 40-50,000 per show.

24 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Ok, I have to say, this is the first vid I've watched from this leg of the tour and I think it sounds damn good. After the negative comments from the earlier shows I was expecting the worst but was pleasantly surprised.  Axl's vocal demise has been greatly exaggerated.

From 2:17 on his voice is just so thin and whiny, IMO. Although the first part of the song sounded ok. I have been hoping for a decent version of this song since the tour started and came across two tolerable versions.

4 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Don’t say crazy things unless they’re true. Houston’s don’t cry wasn’t even spectacular but I’d be surprised if it’s close. 

That was the members opinion and he is certainly entitled to It. Over all It was a decent version of Don't Cry. People seem to make more of the Houston show than It actually was. It was a stand out show on this tour, but still a far cry from a prime Axl, or even the 2010 version. 

8 minutes ago, ironmt said:

That was the members opinion and he is certainly entitled to It. Over all It was a decent version of Don't Cry. People seem to make more of the Houston show than It actually was. It was a stand out show on this tour, but still a far cry from a prime Axl, or even the 2010 version. 

Yea when I typed it I thought I was coming across as funny, I wasn’t trying to be a jerk. Now that I reread it it sounds harsh haha I was just making light of every show thread people acting like his voice is ten times stronger

Just now, IncitingChaos said:

Yea when I typed it I thought I was coming across as funny, I wasn’t trying to be a jerk. Now that I reread it it sounds harsh haha I was just making light of every show thread people acting like his voice is ten times stronger

I also wasn't trying to be harsh, Axl's voice Isn't remotely close to what It once was and there Is very little, If any Improvement on this leg of the tour up to this point. I am not sure how It Is even debatable. Although I am glad to see them on the road and people having a good time.  

16 minutes ago, ironmt said:

I also wasn't trying to be harsh, Axl's voice Isn't remotely close to what It once was and there Is very little, If any Improvement on this leg of the tour up to this point. I am not sure how It Is even debatable. Although I am glad to see them on the road and people having a good time.  

He sounds terrible, Mickey is the most delusional poster here haha 

but yea it’s fun for the fans in Europe. Seems like everyone is enjoying the shows who are going so it’s all good.

18 minutes ago, ironmt said:

Just my opinion

Haven’t seen anything from Coachella or the warmup leg for well over a year and all I can say is that it looks like Axl could hit the higher notes in estranged way easier with little effort and quite smoother than he can now. The mickey voice then almost sounds better than it does now. I don’t know if it’s because he was sitting so it was easier to breathe or he was just way stronger vocally.