07/01/18 - Barcelona, Spain - Estadio Olympico

downzy

1 hour ago, It’s So Easy said:

WTF is he wearing? This is confusing. :lol:

Looks nice though.

He's wearing a very sweaty shirt. It's unbelievably hot and humid here in Barcelona (at least for a Norwegian like me :lol: )

Great gig! Would attend again 11/10 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, AxlIsGod. said:

I agree. Must be the venue though surely? Guns have been going on at 7:30-8 most shows.

Yes, you are right, i don't put the blame in the band ,be the venue for sure ,great difference begin 7.30-8  that 9.30 , i feel bad for this poor kid.:shrugs:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, North Korean Democracy said:

"but my fucking parents made me leave"

3 hours ago, North Korean Democracy said:

18. Their taxi was going to leave and we live far from the stadium.

2 hours ago, Ninjapie24 said:

I am too, but I saw them in 2016 and I would not let my parents take me home until my favorite song; Paradise City, was finished. My parents were big fans and wanted to see it too.

118187.jpg?auto=format,compress

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, North Korean Democracy said:

Even though seeing Nightrain, Patience and PC live are still on my bucket list, all in all I can cross seeing GNR live. I had a great time. Can't wait to repeat this experience whenever they (or AXL/DC or Slash) come back here. 

Slash will come next year in Europe. 99% sure. :slash:

• Like 1

I know we dissect Axl's voice, are overly critical at times and know he's been better but I don't think anyone in attendance is thinking 'mickey" during this performance. 

Would say the vocals sound more nasal or like a siren live. I do pity the people who attended the first 5-6 warm-up/rehearsal shows this leg.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ama said:

What a wonderfull night. I was lucky and saw them from the first row.

More than 3 hours that passed like five minutes.

Slash, as usual, a fuckin' beast... Duff...I was straight before going to the show, now I'm bisexual, what a fuckin' presence on stage
Axl: brilliant...and in a very good mood. I don't know what happened yesterday to him but he was very happy, all the time smiling, and making jokes to the audience, and at the end of you could be mine he was so sweet saying "hello" to a little boy who was with his father, and after that was so happy all the gig.

A night I'll never forget. Hope to see them again someday. I share some pics I took

BtUV4ne.jpg

SSk9K4Z.jpg

VdKQYey.jpg

qOeSxr6.jpg

DYBjRje.jpgXRMPY0H.jpg

FplYzdp.jpg

qvidGdB.jpg

kdxSCnQ.jpg

Great review and amazing pics too@Ama☺

Just now, ChrisMaciel said:

Hey Guys,

It's been a long time since i saw a Civil War video, but this version seems to be way slower than 2017/2016 and it appears to help Axl's voice.

This video seems to have slowed down the actual performance (which is why it's also on a lower tuning).

They didn't slow it down (unfortunately)

21 hours ago, AFGnR said:

I know we dissect Axl's voice, are overly critical at times and know he's been better but I don't think anyone in attendance is thinking 'mickey" during this performance. 

Would say the vocals sound more nasal or like a siren live. I do pity the people who attended the first 5-6 warm-up/rehearsal shows this leg.

They aren't rehearsal/warmup shows. If they were hey would be a cheaper ticket, and probably kept to smaller venues.

I don't want to see anyone hear suggesting otherwise. 

Now, we all obviously  know that those first handful of dates are a waste of time and our money and are mainly for the people of that country or the absolute completists gnr.

Anyway the point is it shouldn't be accepted that he comes out of the gates weak every tour. If Fernando ever comes back, I'd like to ask him his thoughts on that. Because theres no comparison when you compare Axls first show back to someone like Steven Tyler (he's what 14yrs older) or just about any older high level performer that demands €90-150 for concert tickets.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, galina_rs said:

At what time the show ended?

Around 01:10-01:20 if I remember correct
They started 21:55'ish

I was very tired at the end. Nearly fell asleep when Axl wanted to do "One more" at least 15 times (Felt like it) during Knockin' :lol:

Edited by Snytefant
  • GNFNR 1