07/04/18 - Nijmegen, Netherlands - Goffertpark

downzy

46 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I think that they are playing Nijmegen again because it's very close to the Ruhr district in Germany, which is the largest urban area in Germany and third-largest in the European Union. I don't know if it's going to sell out, but that is probably the reason why they're not playing Amsterdam. Nijmegen is closer for a lot of people in that area, which means selling more tickets again.

But then again, we also have the Gelsenkirchen show in that area, so they should have tried either De Kuip in Rotterdam or Johan Cruyff Arena in Amsterdam 

3 hours ago, Endless2404 said:

But then again, we also have the Gelsenkirchen show in that area, so they should have tried either De Kuip in Rotterdam or Johan Cruyff Arena in Amsterdam 

But Nijmegen is a lot more central, it's close for people in the Randstad but also the huge population in the Ruhr district, who might have thought twice about travelling to Amsterdam or Rotterdam. 

2 hours ago, shocker said:

Amsterdam would sold out faster because it`s a very popular city to visit summertime.

Amsterdam Arena is also a better venue.

This is what we call randstad-arrogantie.

• Like 1

Goffertpark is probably very cheap to hire compared to Amsterdam Arena.

Anyway I`ve bought ticket for the show and I`ve booked hotel in Arnhem.

I just hope it will be easy to get to Arnhem after the concert.

The day after I`ll go to Amsterdam to visit coffee-shops and to drink some Amstel.

This is gonna be fun.

They got coffeeshops all over the country but I`ve read that in some cities close to the german border they don`t accept foreigners.

But this is no big deal. I`m looking foward to my very first Guns`n`Roses concert.

Guns`n`Roses comes first, Weed`n`Beer comes second. 

I hope Angus doesn't come this year. Doesn't have to be Groundhog Day.

It was a great show, but we were next to a group of annoying people who were either talking loud, jumping up against other people or popping pills. I'll try to steer clear of those this year.

• GNFNR 1

Yeah the crowd wasnt all that great. Loads of people that just 'want to be seen' and only knew 5 songs and were either wasted or doped out of their minds by the time the show began. Hope its better this year, although I'm not going. Don't like Goffertpark as a venue that much, and (judgemental asshole opinion incoming) the wasted annoying crowd thingie seems to be something 'from the east'. Was the same with AC/DC in Gelredome as well. Big groups of people that apparently just go there to tell everyone they went to AC/DC or GNR, and get shitfaced by the time the opener starts, and talk really loudly and take annoying pictures and movies of everyone singing, screaming, fighting, jumping throughtout the set.

Edited by LovelessNL

On 8.6.2018 at 1:50 PM, LovelessNL said:

Last year was great. Crowd was a bit messy, but it was a great show, one of the longest of NITL, we had Angus... overall great day

yes it was awesome and the longest of the NITL tour

11 hours ago, shocker said:

I hope Angus shows up.

I hope too

On 8-6-2018 at 4:16 PM, LovelessNL said:

Yeah the crowd wasnt all that great. Loads of people that just 'want to be seen' and only knew 5 songs and were either wasted or doped out of their minds by the time the show began. Hope its better this year, although I'm not going. Don't like Goffertpark as a venue that much, and (judgemental asshole opinion incoming) the wasted annoying crowd thingie seems to be something 'from the east'.

I doubt most people attending were from 'the east'.

On 8-6-2018 at 3:49 PM, gnrjanus said:

Thats awefull. 

And yeah. Nl has a special place for gnr.  2012 was great two in Rotterdam!  Played shackler's!

Been to m all since 2006

I probably loved Nijmegen 2006 the most. That had a certain mystique that was lacking the other times. Axl was a mythical creature on par with Bigfoot himself, Izzy was there and the band was on fire. I didn't like 2010 Arnhem that much. Set was good, voice was decent, crowd was meh, Ashba was almost as ennoyable as having a root canal without anesthetics while being on fire. Which resulted in me skipping 2012. Last year was pretty much coming full circle for me. I finally saw my first two Rock and Roll heroes together on stage and I was high-fiving 13 year old me who first saw them on TMF through the space-time continuum. But if I'm completely honest I also missed a bit of fire and passion. It was there sometimes (like with Angus) but it was missing at other times. So I'm skipping them this year. I've just seen them and it wasn't epic enough for me to go again this soon. I'm a satisfied man. 

On 13-5-2018 at 9:21 PM, shocker said:

Amsterdam Arena is also a better venue.

Than what? It might be slightly better than being in a room that's on fire, but only just. I honestly think it's one of the worst concert venues in The Netherlands. Terrible acoustics, very little atmosphere and there's way too much light for an indoor venue. 

On 14-5-2018 at 1:56 PM, LovelessNL said:

Well Goffertpark is a shitty venue. Not the park itself necesarrily, but the surroundings arent equipped for 65k+ visitors, so its a real hassle to get there and go back.

At least the area next to the Arena is used to having 50k+ visitors.

True, but I'd rather be in an outdoor venue with decent acoustics and a nice natural scene that's hard to get in and out of than in something that sounds like a bathroom and has the atmosphere of a morgue. 

On 8-6-2018 at 1:56 PM, Lio said:

I hope Angus doesn't come this year. Doesn't have to be Groundhog Day.

It was a great show, but we were next to a group of annoying people who were either talking loud, jumping up against other people or popping pills. I'll try to steer clear of those this year.

Agreed. And where I was (normal entry just behind the pit) the crowd was great. I do agree that these days at a lot of concerts there are the typical "We're here to get fucking drunk and what band is playing tonight anyway?" groups and I hate them with a firey passion straight from the depths of hell itself. But at GnR there weren't many of those types near me. I tried to spot MB and you at the other side of the fence, but since I don't know what you two look like I didn't have that much to go on other than rough descriptions. Still, it was a fun game. I lost. 

On 13-5-2018 at 8:04 PM, EvanG said:

I think that they are playing Nijmegen again because it's very close to the Ruhr district in Germany, which is the largest urban area in Germany and third-largest in the European Union. I don't know if it's going to sell out, but that is probably the reason why they're not playing Amsterdam. Nijmegen is closer for a lot of people in that area, which means selling more tickets again.

I live in Groningen. I really don't get why people still pretend driving and hour more now and then to get to a concert is a long time. Especially us Dutch. You're not wrong though.  

Edited by username

41 minutes ago, username said:

I live in Groningen. I really don't get why people still pretend driving and hour more now and then to get to a concert is a long time. Especially us Dutch. You're not wrong though.  

It's all relative and what you're used to. For people like us, from very small countries, it's considered far to drive somewhere for a few hours, but if you're from a big country, it's considered no big deal to travel for a few hours.

For example, in the US people talk about living close to a city even if it's a two hour car drive away. I live about 1,5/2 hours from Amsterdam but I don't consider that ''close'' to that city at all.