07/13/18 - Moscow, Russia - Otkritie Arena

downzy

2 hours ago, Billly B said:

Here is a picture of the longest lasting Guns N' Roses Guitarist Ever and Slash.

What a pair. Which makes me wonder whether Richard anything to do with Slash's return, given how much Slash liked his style as a guitarist that he tried to recruit him years back.

10 hours ago, Screamin' Demon said:

What a pair. Which makes me wonder whether Richard anything to do with Slash's return, given how much Slash liked his style as a guitarist that he tried to recruit him years back.

Remember that Slash was on the Dead Daises (Richards band at the time) album. Richard is superior to Izzy, but Izzy is an original that helped create some of our favorites.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MrMojo said:

Gimme a hellllllllllllllllllllllll yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Obviously Axl throws in the timing mistakes so people know it's not playback. After all they just witnessed him sing like an old woman for the past 1:45.

• 7 months later...
On 14.07.2018 at 3:13 PM, nikothebellic said:

Not the best gig this year, but stays high with those that went well.

Sorry for responding to such an old post but what was the best gig last year for you? I thought that this one was the best. Poland was the longest but I think Moscow was vocally better, not much difference but much better This I Love in Moscow and few others too.

Edited by sl4yer

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2019 at 8:01 PM, sl4yer said:

Sorry for responding to such an old post but what was the best gig last year for you? I thought that this one was the best. Poland was the longest but I think Moscow was vocally better, not much difference but much better This I Love in Moscow and few others too.

Sorry for responding so late - was gone from the forum for a while as Guns' were on hiatus - but now can give you a full-dress answer.

Speaking of Europe 2018 tour, the best gig, undoubtedly, was in Mannheim. Just watch how Axl nailed Paradise City! There were several others really strong - Tallin, Poland, Paris and Graspop. Moscow was a really good gig, but at the second half Axl had sank just a little bit. Though, the first part of Moscow's gig stoods pretty high - as where This I Love was played. At least, the band's efforts were decent. Attended both Moscow and Tallin. And Hamenlina 2017 (good, but ordinary). 

Speaking "globally", the best Guns' 16-18' show was in Houston 2016. Orlando and Foxboro 2016 go up next. And San Diego 2017 is close behind - just a wonderful gig given a so long setlist into considiration. Detroit and New York (October 16) in 2017 were also great.  

Edited by nikothebellic
  • Like 1