07/19/18 - Oslo, Norway - Valle Hovin

downzy

4 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Huh. Thank you for sharing. It is interesting to me how he does Coma, which is more vocally demanding nightly but not OTGM.

I think the comparable would be lifting weights versus cardio. Even though Coma is longer and has more difficult stretches it is more endurance than anything, where as OTGM might physically hurt his vocal chords with where his voice is coming from  and how it’s projecting. 

I don’t think it would be fair to argue which songs hurt him and which don’t. At the end of the day he’s singing and if a song is physically painful then there’s no need for that, I’m not looking for Axl to suffer up on stage. But with what he did with ACDC it makes me wonder if his vocal coach helped sooth any pains he might have using that voice.

i know in 06 Axl lost his voice after the first Hammerstein show and Bach got him in touch with his vocal coach and although he helped Axl get his voice back for the next show Axl reported that he got very sick using that vocal technique and had to change. 

Never got a chance to get a litho. Anyone have a spare to sell?

Concert was so good. Axl may been in better form overall last year in Gdansk, Poland, but the setlist yesterday was better. So all in all a great gig!. And Slither was a highlight for me. Shadow and Slither.

Great show! At least from what I could expect.  Only 3-4 songs in full Mickey mode. Better really hurts my ears... I do agree with the critics that the show is a little too long. 3.5 hours is a long time. Every time the crowd got really into it, they slowed down with a filler, and lost the punch. Axl seemed to be in a good mood. Great weather, sound was good. What more can we ask? Btw. I like IRS. 

• Like 3

• 11 months later...