Digital Effects/Modeling Thread

I know there's a gear thread, but I thought I'd see how popular digital units are on here. I have always preferred tube amps and stomp boxes but I decided to buy the Line 6 HX and I like it as much as anything else I have. Its one of the best guitar purchases I have made. Does anyone have a Line 6 Helix, Kemper, Fractal Unit, Headrush, etc? I know the low and mid range stuff has gotten infinitely better in the past few years, as well. 

I might get a Helix one day instead of another amp 

I current have a TC Nova System which is great as a stompbox replacement. It has patch capability but it's real strength is being able to program as many different pedalboard combinations as you want and trigger individual effects on and off at any time.

That said, I can't help getting back into individual stompboxes so I will likely retire the unit pretty soon. Digital modelling has come a long way but I just truly prefer the old school way.

21 hours ago, James Bond said:

I current have a TC Nova System which is great as a stompbox replacement. It has patch capability but it's real strength is being able to program as many different pedalboard combinations as you want and trigger individual effects on and off at any time.

That said, I can't help getting back into individual stompboxes so I will likely retire the unit pretty soon. Digital modelling has come a long way but I just truly prefer the old school way.

I hear you. I'm still keeping all my stomp boxes. I like having both. The HX has 2 effects loops so I can plug my stomps on and control them with the HX. 

9 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

I have a Vox Tonelab and I fucking LOVE IT. Goddammit I need to start playing again.

Those are classics. Cool man! Do you use that with the Valvestate?

9 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I hear you. I'm still keeping all my stomp boxes. I like having both. The HX has 2 effects loops so I can plug my stomps on and control them with the HX. 

Those are classics. Cool man! Do you use that with the Valvestate?

I do. Though if I end up selling that Fender I posted in the gear thread, I'm gonna get a micro tube head.

Dunno if this youre limiting this soley to line 6 amps, but i use a Fender Mustang III amp. Different effects and all that built in, its pretty cool that it has all these things built in, but i feel someday im gonna go for actual pedals/seperate amp. But as my first real amp its good. It has a JCM 800 model which i usually use. I also downloaded a RHCP preset to use whenever i play RHCP songs which sounds close enough.

18 hours ago, Mendez said:

Dunno if this youre limiting this soley to line 6 amps, but i use a Fender Mustang III amp. Different effects and all that built in, its pretty cool that it has all these things built in, but i feel someday im gonna go for actual pedals/seperate amp. But as my first real amp its good. It has a JCM 800 model which i usually use. I also downloaded a RHCP preset to use whenever i play RHCP songs which sounds close enough.

I'm not just talking about Line 6 or necessarily even amps! The HX is a multi effects and a lot of processors like the Axe FX and Helix function better without the use of an amp. That's cool you like the Mustang. Modeling amps definitely fit in this thread and they have come a LONGGG way since I started playing. The Boss Katana is an insane bargain for the price. Sounds great. When I started, you couldn't get an amp like that for under $300. That was only in the mid 2000s, too. Its insane how quick all of this stuff has evolved. I am really impressed with digital equipment, now