Axl impersonator covering Starlight by Slash

GNRmello77

Some of you really mystify me. I mean, if you can't easily tell that's a 2nd rate imitation and nowhere close to remotely sounding like AXL freaking ROSE -- I really don't know what to say. Like any 'impersonation' the impersonator hits on some of artist's idiosyncrasies -- but doesn't actually sound just like the artist. It's not even remotely close, people.

How many people in the world can do an impersonation of Christopher Walken? Practically everybody. When you hear a good one, you know exactly who they are impersonating. But make no mistake, none of them sound just like the man himself. That's the case here too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, thunderram said:

Some of you really mystify me. I mean, if you can't easily tell that's a 2nd rate imitation and nowhere close to remotely sounding like AXL freaking ROSE -- I really don't know what to say. Like any 'impersonation' the impersonator hits on some of artist's idiosyncrasies -- but doesn't actually sound just like the artist. It's not even remotely close, people.

How many people in the world can do an impersonation of Christopher Walken? Practically everybody. When you hear a good one, you know exactly who they are impersonating. But make no mistake, none of them sound just like the man himself. That's the case here too.

It’s obviously not Axl but In certain parts it sounds spot on. Someone perfected his voice. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GNRmello77 said:

Then name one person who can replicate his voice exactly like that?

Sarcasm?

It sounds like a half decent tribute act, but it's 100% not Axl. 

Would be interesting to hear Axl sing this song, one of my favourites that Slash has written. Doubt we'll ever hear Axl sing it though.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

One thing IT DOES prove, Axl WOULD make the Slash songs sound better than Myles does.

Nah, this is rough and overly trying to be something and never quite hitting it. 

Myles knocked this song out if the park, absolutely killer vocal and I'm not always a fan of Myles's voice.

Axl could be interesting on it though, as I said.

• Like 2

Does any of you know for fact it's fake? Proof & link please.

It could be real. If it's real, my guess would be it was recorded in 2010. It sounds like 2010's Axl (not 1992, definitely not lol). After 2010, his voice detriorated (in live gigs anyway). In 2010 he sounded exactly like in this clip. And 2010 was when this song was released.

I could totally picture Axl loving some songs on Slash album and covering it for the fun of it.

"Yesterday" doesn't quite sound like Axl would pronounce it, but we've never heard Axl on this song so I'm skeptical. Could be him. 

If it's not him, it's a dead-on impersonation and it's amazing. Really amazing.

Honestly, just like Slash and Duff make CD songs sound more authentic, I would argue Axl would do the same for Slash's stuff. I've never been able to get into Slash's solo stuff (except for the first one with multiple vocalists), because of Myles clearly. I didn't quite realize it (I just suspected it though), but the Conspiritors stuff always felt kinda bland to me. It always felt like "Slash has gone soft" or "Slash going commercial". It just didn't get me excited what so ever. I liked VR (for the most part, it had more edge to it). Which hearing this little fake snippet just proves my suspections, it's Myles. He is just such a bland, nice guy, rock singer. He has NO edge, and it comes through in everything he does. I would argue this tribute band portion we just heard is better than the real thing, which is VERY revealing imo. 

I know music is all subjective, but I don't know how some of you can honestly be hoping for a new SMKC album instead of a Guns album. To me, it's Slash goes Nickelback...

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Honestly, just like Slash and Duff make CD songs sound more authentic, I would argue Axl would do the same for Slash's stuff. I've never been able to get into Slash's solo stuff (except for the first one with multiple vocalists), because of Myles clearly. I didn't quite realize it (I just suspected it though), but the Conspiritors stuff always felt kinda bland to me. It always felt like "Slash has gone soft" or "Slash going commercial". It just didn't get me excited what so ever. I liked VR (for the most part, it had more edge to it). Which hearing this little fake snippet just proves my suspections, it's Myles. He is just such a bland, nice guy, rock singer. He has NO edge, and it comes through in everything he does. I would argue this tribute band portion we just heard is better than the real thing, which is VERY revealing imo. 

I know music is all subjective, but I don't know how some of you can honestly be hoping for a new SMKC album instead of a Guns album. To me, it's Slash goes Nickelback...

But nobody's hoping for a new SMKC album instead of a Guns album. 

2 hours ago, D.. said:

It could be real. If it's real, my guess would be it was recorded in 2010. It sounds like 2010's Axl (not 1992, definitely not lol). After 2010, his voice detriorated (in live gigs anyway). In 2010 he sounded exactly like in this clip. And 2010 was when this song was released.

I could totally picture Axl loving some songs on Slash album and covering it for the fun of it.

"Yesterday" doesn't quite sound like Axl would pronounce it, but we've never heard Axl on this song so I'm skeptical. Could be him. 

Damn you’re naive!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Myles has no personality and attitude in his voice, he's just a good samaritan and rock n roll should never, ever be sang by a good samaritan. It has to be filthy and dirty.

I'm expecting a new Conspirators album but I hope Myles isnt part of it.

I've often said that (besides a live album) what guns SHOULD do is make an album of CD tunes, VR,  and Slash solo stuff as a tide over type effort until we get a proper album. For everyone they would be as easy as doing a covers album, so they could knock it out. Plus it would be "new" music that would become guns tunes essentially. 

Aerosmith recorded Joe Perry's one solo "hit" Let the music do that talking, and I've always felt it was a pretty good song from that album. Clearly better than the original.

4 hours ago, D.. said:

Wow... You really need proof that Axl Rose is not the vocalist on that track?? It's more than obvious to me that it's not him. 

• Like 4