*FAKE* Silkworms Intro clip

I found this on another GNR forum that was posted up.

This clip is accurate to how Axl described the new intro in the 2008 online forum chats. The heavier bass and guitars on this sound way better than the live version.

It seems like we will keep getting 15 second clips of this track until someone pieces them all together.

I think when the four seconds of the verse leaked years back, myself and others could finally see what Axl was trying to get at with this song.

As I recall, there was a quite a bit of distortion and compression on his voice, giving it a similar style to OMG. But with Silkworms, there was this awesome "cone effect" that made it sound like it was coming out of a funnel. 

5 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

If a guns song isn't based off of a pentatonic scale then the majority don't even consider it a guns song.

This comment just seems unnecessarily preemptively combative, literally nobody has even suggested that in this thread at any point so far lol

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Doesn’t sound real to me, but at the same time I can’t see any reason why someone would fake this in 2018 admist a reunion tour

It looks like the video was uploaded in early 2013, definitely fake sounding to me, especially the snare drum hits that are distorted and processed in a way that sounds like a person using a plugin on a DAW they just installed the day before

Plus that video has audio that is nearly 20 bpm faster than the actual legit leaked Silkworms clip (around 160 bpm compared to around 140 bpm)

Edited by WhazUp
  • GNFNR 1

In my opinion, this is fake. I suppose I can say this as it's been a few years, but I have heard the full version of Silkworms which the 15 seconds of circulated a while back, and I don't remember this intro on it at all. Before anyone asks, I do not have a copy of it and my hearing it was in no way associated with anything forum-related; I just happened to be in the right place at the right time to hear it - that's all I'm at liberty to say about it. But yeah - I'd say this is fake.

• GNFNR 1

55 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

This comment just seems unnecessarily preemptively combative, literally nobody has even suggested that in this thread at any point so far lol

Hahaha. 

Not being combative, just an observation about the CD material that I've noticed thru the years. The songs that get the most hate aren't blues based.

2 hours ago, Order of Nine said:

If a guns song isn't based off of a pentatonic scale then the majority don't even consider it a guns song.

And whose fault is that? Axl for giving up his vision and never being able to deliever what he promised so fans could never relate to a Guns N' Roses that isnt classic Guns N'Roses.

4 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

In my opinion, this is fake. I suppose I can say this as it's been a few years, but I have heard the full version of Silkworms which the 15 seconds of circulated a while back, and I don't remember this intro on it at all. Before anyone asks, I do not have a copy of it and my hearing it was in no way associated with anything forum-related; I just happened to be in the right place at the right time to hear it - that's all I'm at liberty to say about it. But yeah - I'd say this is fake.

Are you at liberty to say if it was cool?

7 hours ago, default_ said:

And whose fault is that? Axl for giving up his vision and never being able to deliever what he promised so fans could never relate to a Guns N' Roses that isnt classic Guns N'Roses.

I think it's refreshing to hear material out of that box. I'm into the idea of moving on as opposed to releasing the same album over and over like an AC/DC. 

I'm just glad there are to many influences that keep that deja vu from happening.

Influences from the sex pistols to Elton John to NIN. Of course the Appetite for Destruction lovers aren't going to get that, I think that's cool. 

Edited by Order of Nine
  • Like 1